“Good value, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Londra
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Jacopo Da Diacceto 18/20, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #233 of 461 Hotels in Florence
York, United Kingdom
“Good value, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. To get to florence we flew into Pisa and then for 7 Euros each caught the train to Florence where the hotel is a 5 minute hop away. We were able to hire meeting room facilities with drinks and pastries etc which although not fantastically modern, provided a comfortable environement for conducting business. Free wifi is provided a standard and the staff are polite and helpful. Breakfast choices are quite varied and the restaurant service and food very nice too if you choose to eat in. It was very busy and obviously a popular spot for tourists due to its central location and easy access to the train station. Overall a great choice. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to return and take in the sights and pleasures of Florence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Antonio D, Direttore at Hotel Londra, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Jumbo1962,
Thank you so much for your opinion in Tripadvisor!
I am very glad to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay at Hotel Londra and appreciated some of our offered services and facilities, from meeting room facilities to the inside restaurant.
Hotel Londra –Firenze-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was very pleasant , very modern and a nice size too .
The restaurant was also very good , it's a pity we couldn't sample the outside bar/garden area due to rain !
Would definitely recommend this hotel, have stayed in lots of four stars and this was definitely one if the better ones

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Johaart,
Thank you so much for your review in Tripadvisor!
I am very grateful for your very positive words about your stay at Hotel Londra and I am happy that you appreciated your stay and our restaurant, garden area and staff.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Centrally located near the train station. I think all rooms have balconies. The room was spotless with a good sized bathroom, safe, tv, free Wi-Fi and mini bar. I'd stay here again in Florence. The mini tv in the bathroom is quite quirky. The staff could be a little more attentive but that's Italy for you.

• Stayed August 2012
Antonio D, Direttore at Hotel Londra, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor!
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Florence and our Feeling Design room which we have the pleasure to assign you.
Looking forward to welcome you again in Florence, I send you
Hotel Londra - Firenze-
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

A very decent hotel just next to the main station. I would not call it a primary location but everything was walking distance away and it is conveniently located if you take any out of the town tours as they tend to use the station as their meeting point. The rooms have a modern decor and everything worked well. There were some little scratched on walls in the bathroom but it didn't destroy the overall view. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of choice. Besides, they did serve champagne for breakfast as was stated in the description and we took advantage of it on our last morning in Florence.
We read some complaints about the hotel staff and I must admit they were not the most smily Italians I have seen in my life but they were okay. We needed to print our gallery tickets and they even allowed me to use their computer myself as they did not receive my email.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Antonio D, Direttore at Hotel Londra, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Umniaka,
thank you so much for your review in Tripadvisor!
I am very grateful for your words about your stay at Hotel Londra.
Looking forward to welcome you again in Florence, I send you
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room had a very unique decoration which looked like something from a science fiction film. It wasn't very big but it was clean and comfortable and certainly original, in a nice way (once you manage to find the light switches). The staff were pleasant and breakfast was good. The location next to the railway station is an advantage if you are travelling by public transport but not easy if you have a car. The hotel's car parking area is quite small and I found it expensive at €20. In general, a satisfactory experience and a hotel I would go back to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Antonio D, Direttore at Hotel Londra, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Victor,
Thank you so much for your review in Tripadvisor!
I am very glad to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay at Hotel Londra and appreciated your accommodation in one of our Feeling Design Rooms. These rooms are recently restored and are characterized by play of lights and mirrors that enhance the linear style of the furniture inspired by contemporary and state-of-the-art elements.

Maringa, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

For the first time in a Italy travel I take a Hotel near Train Station.
I used to be in the historical center...
Hotel Londra in Florence was a brillant choose.
So near train station.....just walk some meters....
Four Stars, an Excellent and complete Breakfast with gentle service.
But the Staff in Reception was more than fine.
Congratulations for the excellence of personally attention for guests.
Specially Signore Vincenzo, when I show my passport from Chile, he said something about Neruda poet, chilean Nobel Prize, and recited verses of a poem.....Fantastic !!!

Good Price, good Location, Excellent Breakfast and Extraordinary Staff.

Thanks,
Moises.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Antonio D, Direttore at Hotel Londra, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Moises,
Thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor!

I am very glad that you’ve totally enjoyed your stay at Hotel Londra in Florence. The title of your positive opinion is the best exposure for our strength: Location (walking distance) near to Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station, Buffet Breakfast with wide selection of what you want to start the day in the better way, helpful reception staff to welcome you with a smile and… also with the verses of your favourite poet ( I am already forwarded your positive words to Vincenzo).
Looking forward to welcome you again in Florence and in our hotel, I send you all my

Woodbrige
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Not many complaints about the hotel except that it is on the opposite side of the train station from all the sites. I wouldn't say it was the shady, but I didn't feel comfortable walking back to the hotel at night with my young daughters. The hotel is located on a somewhat deserted street with only a light rail train passing by.  A strange location for a hotel. It would have been great to have been on the opposite side of the train station. Not only does it save you a 5 minute walk each way, i found the other side to be the safer side (even if that's more perception than reality). The only complain I have about service is when Antonio, at reception, refused to print a tour voucher because I didn't book the tour at the hotel. Offensive-What a joke. He must have been upset for not earning a commission. I found an Internet cafe and printed the voucher for under 1 euro.  The ladies at reception, Ilaria and Emmanuela were wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Londra? Share your experiences!