“FAB LOCATION & BEAUTIFULLY CLEAN” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Argentina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Curtatone 12, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #406 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“FAB LOCATION & BEAUTIFULLY CLEAN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were visiting Florence for my 50th Birthday from 30/6 to 4/7. Was very worried when we read the reviews prior to arriving however we were pleasantly surprised the hotel was lovely, our room was large & the bathroom beautifully finished & clean. We fresh towels and sheets everyday. Our only little moan was that the blanket on the bed was bobbly (COULD DO WITH A NEW ONE, BUT DID NOT NEED IT ANYWAY) I do not like fabric headboards, it was a bit grubby but I just put the spare pillows up against it also the walls and door could do with a fresh coat of paint but this certainly did not spoil our stay. All the staff were lovely, friendly & helpful. Breakfast was fresh & plentiful. The bar next doo was also fabulous with lovely staff, it was call The Curtatone I think? WOULD DEFINATELY STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN IF WE RETURN TO FLORENCE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, not by choice but as part of a High School trip. Not somewhere I would choose, had I a choice. The rooms were at best, Spartan and quite depressing to be honest. The lobby was functional, the elevator was puny and could barely handle a person plus one bag. We have over 30 people checking in at one time and the bags had to go up separate from their respective owners because of the lack of space which made it very chaotic. The location was fine, not exactly in the center of Florence but a walkable distance, if you were up for a healthy walk. No phone or TV in my room but had a decent bathroom.

Room Tip: Choose a double room, nothing smaller
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

united states
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We decided to go to Florence last minute from Venice. We booked this hotel on the train. I'm glad we didn't read any of these reviews before we did! We had a great stay! It was only 1 night, but it was great. The staff were extremely friendly and our room was nice and clean. The breakfast was good and we really enjoyed ourselves. The bed was harder than I like, but my bed at home is amazing and so nothing ever measures up. For the price we paid, we got what we expected. I would stay here again. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Located just a little out of the centre, but within easy walking distance, the Hotel Argentina is a good value little stop over. The hotel itself feels like more of a hostel - expect very basic facilities and not much help from the reception desk - but if you are just looking for a clean bed for the night, it's perfectly acceptable.
Would I go back...? Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Florence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I suggest to refresh the look of the rooms!!! The bathroom was horrible and not that clean, the lift was noisy and we could hear everyone speaking in the other rooms. No privacy at all! The only good thing was the position, really close to Santa Maria Novella.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's the worst hotel I've ever been to! Very far from the center! The room was very unpleasant. Very cold, very dark, old furniture, the handle of the closet door was broken, it remained in my hand when I tried to open the door. The bathroom was very small, when I was sitting on the toilet I hit my head on the door. And there was no tv in the room! At a 3 stars hotel! It's barily 2 stars hotel! When I booked it on the internet it said there that is a standard room, with bathroom, tv, and it looked very nice. But wasn't like this. When I asked at the reception about the tv, the receptionist (with a big smile on his face) told me an entire story about this. He said the hotel is divided in 2 parts, and the part I was staying in had a problem with the tv antenna. So, they took out the tv's from the rooms. I don't know how is the other part of the hotel, but the one I stayed in was awful! When I said that i paid for a room with TV he said he can't do nothing, maybe tomorrow the antenna will be repaired. Of course it didn't! So, I payed for a so called 3 star room, but I had no tv, small bathroom, old furniture. However, the room was clean. At least there was no problem with that. Another problem was the walls that were so thin... We couldn't rest at all, because there were, at the same floor with us, a group of teenagers with their teachers, that made a lot of noise. And because of the very thin walls we heard everything, and couldn't sleep. The breakfast was the only thing ok. With mortadella, cheese, jams, boiled eggs, croissants, coffee, juice, milk, cereals, etc. But, on our last day, the juice mashine was broken, they forgot to put napkins, tea. So, per total, was an unpleasant experience. I don't advise somebody to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

And this one I really have mixed feelings about. I just got back this week and had to really think about this review.The night I checked in I was somewhat pleased with my room,...mostly the bathroom, until I tried to settle in. The carpet"reeked" of cigarette smoke. ( hotel is supposed to be non smoking) and the was told be the desk clerk they had no other rooms when I asked to be moved.I also found out the telephone in the room didn't work, which I explained was not safe in case of a quest emergency. The next morning I complained to the manager and he had the maid clean my carpet and spray the rug, he also replaced the faulty phone cord. So I felt much better. One plus is the area...it is close to every thing and several buses and trams that travel to all of the main attractions. It is also close to the train station.There are several restaurants and groceries, and a mini mart close by. For the price you cannot beat it. The location and proximity to everything negate other negatives. The staff were also very nice and helpful. The breakfast I found very good, with cereals, yogurt, cold cuts, and various breads and croissants. also a coffee maker with different choices
Oh yes...there is a nice buffet and bar right next door with dancing on Friday and Saturday nights. As isn't the Ritz or a 5 star hotel so if that s what you want stay elsewhere. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Argentina? Share your experiences!