“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #375 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Florence
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I suggest to refresh the look of the rooms!!! The bathroom was horrible and not that clean, the lift was noisy and we could hear everyone speaking in the other rooms. No privacy at all! The only good thing was the position, really close to Santa Maria Novella.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's the worst hotel I've ever been to! Very far from the center! The room was very unpleasant. Very cold, very dark, old furniture, the handle of the closet door was broken, it remained in my hand when I tried to open the door. The bathroom was very small, when I was sitting on the toilet I hit my head on the door. And there was no tv in the room! At a 3 stars hotel! It's barily 2 stars hotel! When I booked it on the internet it said there that is a standard room, with bathroom, tv, and it looked very nice. But wasn't like this. When I asked at the reception about the tv, the receptionist (with a big smile on his face) told me an entire story about this. He said the hotel is divided in 2 parts, and the part I was staying in had a problem with the tv antenna. So, they took out the tv's from the rooms. I don't know how is the other part of the hotel, but the one I stayed in was awful! When I said that i paid for a room with TV he said he can't do nothing, maybe tomorrow the antenna will be repaired. Of course it didn't! So, I payed for a so called 3 star room, but I had no tv, small bathroom, old furniture. However, the room was clean. At least there was no problem with that. Another problem was the walls that were so thin... We couldn't rest at all, because there were, at the same floor with us, a group of teenagers with their teachers, that made a lot of noise. And because of the very thin walls we heard everything, and couldn't sleep. The breakfast was the only thing ok. With mortadella, cheese, jams, boiled eggs, croissants, coffee, juice, milk, cereals, etc. But, on our last day, the juice mashine was broken, they forgot to put napkins, tea. So, per total, was an unpleasant experience. I don't advise somebody to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

And this one I really have mixed feelings about. I just got back this week and had to really think about this review.The night I checked in I was somewhat pleased with my room,...mostly the bathroom, until I tried to settle in. The carpet"reeked" of cigarette smoke. ( hotel is supposed to be non smoking) and the was told be the desk clerk they had no other rooms when I asked to be moved.I also found out the telephone in the room didn't work, which I explained was not safe in case of a quest emergency. The next morning I complained to the manager and he had the maid clean my carpet and spray the rug, he also replaced the faulty phone cord. So I felt much better. One plus is the area...it is close to every thing and several buses and trams that travel to all of the main attractions. It is also close to the train station.There are several restaurants and groceries, and a mini mart close by. For the price you cannot beat it. The location and proximity to everything negate other negatives. The staff were also very nice and helpful. The breakfast I found very good, with cereals, yogurt, cold cuts, and various breads and croissants. also a coffee maker with different choices
Oh yes...there is a nice buffet and bar right next door with dancing on Friday and Saturday nights. As isn't the Ritz or a 5 star hotel so if that s what you want stay elsewhere. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
VENICE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been there from 11 - 15 February 2013 - for St. Valentine's day with my boyfriend; my sister and her boyfriend stayed there too. We were in rooms 9 and 110. They were both awful, beyon any imagination for a romantic, normal couple needs! And trust me, I'm not exaggerating at all! We stayed 4 nights. The only thing that was normal there was the breakfast, although some days insufficient for all visitors. No ham or other meet, no cheese...as they claim in the photos published in their site. Reception staff in essense were ok, but I've met better.Worst hotel I have every had the misfortune to stay in!!! Everything in the rooms is dirty, the corridors and most of the rooms, smells like carrion. There is dust everywhere, the floors are dirty, the furnitures are from World War II. TV is not working, no signal. As we asked, they told us that there was a problem with "the main antenna" for 2 months...total lie! There is no wifi signal as well! There is no parking, no restaurant, no working phone, nothing to rent, like cars, scooters, bikes. The bathroom and the WC are too small even for one person to use them. In room 110 there is no TV at all, working or not...The bathroom is in the closet, no mirror at all, no hair dryer! Hotel is only 10 mins from the city center & very easy to find but i'm afraid that's the only good part. I don't recommend this hotel, everyone deserves better in Florence, cause this could ruin your vacation! Bed sheets and towels were very clean, but the room itself was awful. We asked the stuff to move in another rooms, but they said there were no free rooms. Still they admitted that one of our rooms is not the double room we've paid for, it was twin or single...don't know exactly. We asked for a compensation or to get our money back...now waiting for an answer.

Room Tip: Do never book a room in this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our 3 night stay was booked via thomas cook,the hotel is in a very good location only 10 mins from the city centre & very easy to find but i'm affraid thats only the good part. In saying that i found the staff to be very friendly & helpfull, our room was No. 11 next door to the kitchen which was very noisy in the morning. The room was of very poor standard indeed, very old in decoration and in my opinion its not what i was expecting in this beautiful part of the world.although the bed sheets,towels and so were very clean its just the room itself was awful.
I dont recommend this hotel as i just think people spend good money to visit this city & Quite frankly they deserve better. Please dont be put off going to florence its beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It looks like a good hotel in the past now in its decadence. Wonderful location for those who travel by train, pretty neighborhood and very close to fancy streets and shops in Florence.
The rooms are ok in size but there was no phone nor working TV. Three lights out of five wouldn't work and there was no toilet paper holder in the bathroom neither hooks to hang our clothes and towels. Noise and voices could be heard from the street: two nights we have been woken up by people talking loudly outside. Very poor breakfast. Old and worn furniture that needs restoration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Argentina? Share your experiences!