Il Guelfo Bianco is a funky well kept hotel in a great location. We had a Jr. suite for 3 women for a week and never felt like we were cramped. Our room was on the street side but with multipaned windows any noise from the street was well muffled. The rooms were clean, neat, and comfortable. Pillows a bit flat by American standard but the beds were comfortable. The hotel's location is prime with a short walk to the Duomo, Accademia, and San Lorenzo. We felt comfortable walking at night on this main thoroughfare. The breakfast was fresh, varied and plentiful, but dont miss out on the chance to have a drink and snack in the hotel restaurant. We made it a habit everyday. WiFi was a bit sketchy depending on you location in the building. We found it worked better in some parts of the room than others. More than all these facts the staff of Il Guelfo Bianco elevates them to the excellent rating. One of our party was gluten intolerant, once the staff was aware of that they were always at the ready with great gluten free products. Shamz and the kitchen staff were fabulous. We enjoyed a drink or coffee drink in the afteroon at the restaurant with a wonderful snack of meat and veggies. Shamz and the restaurant staff really made us feel like we had a homebase for our stay. The front desk happily made arrangements for our room when we arrived early in the day at 10am. They were easy to communicate with prior to our stay and attentive during it. They were helpful with reservations and suggestions. NEVER during our stay was any request met with anything but a pleasant smile and quick remedy.. The staff made us feel secure and comfortable during our stay. Highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's house in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (11 till 8,30 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.