We choose this hotel purely for it's close location to the train station and the main sites such as the Duomo. It was supposed to be our budget hotel on our stay as we were only staying for two nights.
Once we found the hotel after google maps sent us on a long route to the hotel we checked into our room. The room was fairly basic but had a big bed and a very nice bathroom. It felt to us that we were staying in someone's house rather that a hotel.
We were given a voucher on check in for a complimentary drink and a snack. We assumed it would be a small glass of wine and some nibbles. We got a lovely glass of wine each a plate of the nicest antipasti we've ever had with some amazing local produce (some of it made by the hotel's owners). Quality organic food is a passion of the owners. The deli that is part of the hotel is where we had the food and it was so good we went back on our second night to have another plate as a starter for our night and ended up staying there all night. It's one of our many amazing memories from our honeymoon.
The breakfasts use the same ingredients as used in the deli so as they make most of it themselves it was lovely as well.
The location is only a couple of minutes walk away from the Duomo, and all the main sights in Florence are just a short walk away from there.
I could not recommend it more highly and when you take into account the cost as well it's a bargain. Will make every effort to stay here again as soon as we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's house in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (11 till 8,30 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Expedia so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence