We stayed at the Il Guelfo Bianco for three nights. The hotel is in a great location to see the top sights in Florence and just outside the super busy, crowded parts. We arrived via train and its an easy walk from the station. The Duomo is just down the street and the local markets are only around the corner. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, showing us close by attractions on a map as soon as we arrived.
The hotel itself is old but our room was clean. We stayed on the top floor and had to maneuver a tight staircase from where the elevator drops you off. The room had three large windows with a great view of the Florence skyline.
While the room itself is old the bathroom is updated and spotless. We had lunch at the restaurant on the main floor and the prices were great.
In the morning the complimentary breakfast has tons of options and staff work quickly to serve you coffee and clear tables. When we booked our room we also had them reserve us museum tickets to see the statue of David and were we ever glad. The line to the museum was huge and if we hadn't planned ahead we would have ended up leaving.
Over all I would recommend this hotel for location and service.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo e Piazza San Marco , few steps far from Accademia (the museum where you can see the fanous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's house in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executiev rooms have a standard size - sueprior rooms are larger - de luxe and jurior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlloking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrain and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have yoru own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (11 till 8,30 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.