I really wanted to like this hotel, as do so many TripAdvisor reviewers. And there is a lot to like: the location, the good breakfasts, the charming new bistro "Il Desco", the antique wood furniture, an elevator, spacious rooms, helpful and charming Antonella at the front desk. However, when I booked and the hotel confirmed a "Twin Deluxe Room", I certainly did not expect one of the two beds to be a fold-out sofa. Not only was it less comfortable than a real bed, but it was musty, and three times I found small spiders crawling on the top sheet. When I mentioned this to a man at the front desk, he shrugged. I wound up sharing the real bed with my companion, which was not our preference. The room very large and nicely decorated, with carpeting that matched the covers on the real bed. But the carpeting was heavily stained and left the soles of my white slippers quite a dark grey. The mirror on the inside of the bathroom door had not been cleaned before our arrival and remained heavily splashed and spotted until the morning of the fifth day of our stay. Some torn paper and a small hair band stayed on the hall carpet outside our door for the same five days before finally being vacuumed. Loved the fresh and, in many cases, organic foods at breakfast. The two people working in the breakfast room could not have worked faster or harder than they did to clear tables, stock the buffet, and serve coffees. Unfortunately, there were too few staff members for the task, and messy, used, uncleared tables do not make for a pleasant atmosphere, even out on the attractive patio. I will look for an alternative on my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's house in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (11 till 8,30 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence