“A day in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #178 of 461 hotels in Florence
Ann Arbor, Michigan, Usa
“A day in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at Hotel Boccaccio when we have flown out of Florence. It is very close to the train and bus stations, as well as city tour busses and walking venues. We would certainly recommend it for longer stays as well. Accomodating staff and "niceties" in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm not terribly fussy when it comes to a hotel room. I just want somewhere that is conveniently located, quiet, and clean at a reasonable rate. Hotel Boccaccio does all that.

The location is great. It's just a 5 minute walk from the train station, and within easy walking distance to Florence's attractions.

This room was the largest we had on our Italian Adventure. The bathroom was enormous when compared to the places we stayed in Rome and Venice. I'm 6'2" and I could actually turn around in the shower without bashing my head or elbows! The bed was pretty firm, perhaps bordering on -too- firm, and the pillows were kind of flat, but it wasn't terrible. I just think we've been spoiled by the hotel standards here in the states. The big plus is that the room was spotless.

The breakfast buffet was pretty standard for Europe.

Overall, it's not a bad choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

By far my worst experience with a hotel in Italy so far. To start off, grossly over priced as I have paid 135 euros for a night with the view of a wall (I have uploaded a picture of my fantastic view of the wall) and a bathroom that was too small. My room smelt like food constantly even though I had not eaten in it once. The service was appalling as well, with a manager that said "I will teach you a lesson" when I asked to cancel my reservation. Yes, those were his exact words. Moreover, when I asked for an electrical adapter I was asked to come and get it rather than it being delivered to my room. The only two upsides to my stay in this hotel was its proximity to the train station and it's "relative" cleanliness, besides the smell.

• Stayed October 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my first stay at the Hotel Boccaccio in Firenze, but will not be my last. Located near the Train Station, we seemed to be just a short walk, from everything. The Hotel also has a Trattoria they own nearby that they recommend. We all enjoyed a great lunch, immediately after checking in. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. The included breakfast was good. Also the Hotel offers parking in a nearby lot. They have it all, and at a fair price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The location is good, very near the station and you can easily find it.
The room is small but comfortable, all you need were prepared - air con, hot water, towel, hairdry, etc.
I also liked the breakfast they offered. very nice coffee !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at this lovely hotel for the past three years and I love it. The staff are amazingly hospitable, the location is prime, the rooms are clean and stylish and the breakfast is lovely. I stayed here with a friend in August 2013 and I enjoyed myself so much that I have decided to go back with my husband in October, next week. All the staff are great but every year I look forward to seeing Domenico. He always remembers me and lets me practice my Italian. I would highly recommend Hotel Boccaccio. Kimberly Ondrechak, Canada

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Fort Washington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Boccaccio for nearly a week in September, 2013. Overall I found it certainly good, but not great.

Positives:

Hotel Boccaccio is located just 5 minutes walk from Santa Maria Novella station, and the convenient location is its greatest asset. There is an elevator, and it was large enough to accommodate the two of us and our luggage with some room to spare. Our room itself was large, by Italian standards, and the bathroom was quite spacious. The air conditioning was sufficient to keep the room comfortable. Breakfast is available and was included in the room rate. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the complimentary in-room Wi-fi offered a decent speed. The room and public areas were very clean.

Drawbacks:

While the breakfast was included the selection wasn't all that great. While the room was spacious, it was also quite dark. The ceilings are rather high so additional light fixtures would be a very nice addition. I found the bed very uncomfortable - the mattress and the pillows were very, very firm. The TV is mounted very high on the wall, so in order to watch it you have to crane your neck a bit. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub with shower, which was great, but you had to step up about 2 feet (60cm) to get into it. That could present a significant challenge for an older, less mobile or less stable person.

One other note - the stairs are situated just inside the front door of the hotel, well before you reach the reception desk. Late one night (between 11:30 and midnight) I was able to walk in the front door and directly up the stairs to my room. I was not able to see the reception desk from my vantage point; I'm not sure if reception saw me or not. While it does not appear that there have been security issues at the hotel, I think this situation should be addressed in some manner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Boccaccio? Share your experiences!