“Not quite perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa

You added NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa to your Saves list
NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Porta Rossa,19 | Porta Rossa, City Centre, 50123 Florence, Italy (Formerly NH Porta Rossa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #27 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not quite perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have mixed feelings about my stay in this hotel. I have stayed in many normal NH hotels before which offer usually great value for money. This was my first time at an NH collection which has in this case a great location and great rooms. I booked a deluxe room and I have no complaints about the room at all. It was huge, modern, clean and to be honest at a very good price compared with other 4 star hotels in the same area. Still I think although the rooms, location and facilities are 4 stars in my case the service was more like any other normal NH hotel. I had 3 issues during my stay, one major complain and 2 just a little annoying. My main problem was that I arrived to the hotel around 3:45 pm and my room wasn't ready and they said it would still take half an hour to finish. So basically we had to leave things in the lobby and be forced on our way out wandering around since we were in no mood to wait half an hour in the lobby. The other minor issues were that it was difficult to get hold of someone at the reception, I had to try up to 3 times by phone to get someone to answer; and that I needed an iron and they didn't have any at the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a room with frescoes you have to make sure that you ask for it beforehand during the res...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Geneva, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We recently returned from 2+ weeks in Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, Puglia), including 3 nights at the NH Porta Rossa. All of our hotels were 4-star, but this was by far our favorite. The location is excellent, just a short walk to almost all of the major sights, but the street is quiet and we didn't hear a thing from our room, which was spacious and comfortable. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful (dinner reservations, suggestions, etc.)--no attitude, they're really proud of their city and seem to genuinely want their visitors to have a good time. And the breakfast, as other reviewers have commented, was a major cut above the ordinary. We plan to do some different things on our next trip to Italy, but we'll definitely go back to Florence and will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A beautiful hotel in the heart of florence! We stayed at NH Porta Rossa in a superior room for 5 nights & loved it. The hotel is located in a perfect location - right in the middle of Florence & within walking distance to everything! The room is really nice - especially the bathroom which is really modern & clean (the shower is the kind of one that is in a bath)! We were on the 4th floor & had no issues with noise (as noted by some on trip advisor).
My only complaints would be the following - the free wi-fi in the hotel isn't the best! Constantly cutting out & having to relog back on (although it seems that the hotel is aware of this & working on it as l just recently received an email about my experience with the Internet). The only other thing is breakfast - it's a buffet breakfast but if you want any other egg besides scrambled or hard boiled, you have to pay for it. Otherwise a perfect hotel that l would stay at again....

Room Tip: Book at least a superior room & maybe ask for a room on the 4th floor! I did hear 2 couples comp...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with my daughter. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Junior Suite without asking. Very helpful, friendly reception staff. Breakfast very good. As everyone else has said it is the perfect location for exploring Florence. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sandringham, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff. Room was very spacious and relaxing. Really enjoyed Florence and surrounding areas. Air-conditioning not working too well would be the only real complaint

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is the first time we stayed the NH Porta Rossa. My husband and I have been returning to Florence for several years. We have stayed in several hotels. So far, this has been our favorite. It is important to stay at the Junior Suite. Its the only way to really appreciate the hotel. The ceilings have fresco paintings. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I am so glad, we never experience the noise. Porta Rossa is a very nice street with nice high quality boutiques. This will be my new home in Florence. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Just stay in the Junior Suite. I saw the regular rooms and they were very small.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Amazing room! Amazing breakfast! Perfect location, close to everything! Amazing hotel! Valentina checked us in and truly made us feel welcome, helping us arrange tours, and always pointing us in the right direction. We upgraded to a suite for a very reasonable price and it was worth it! One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. If in Florence again, I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: get the suite, its worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa? Share your experiences!