“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rapallo Hotel

You added Rapallo Hotel to your Saves list
Rapallo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, 7, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
€10 off room rate
Ranked #21 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Coralville, Iowa
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was very clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was within walking distance to the train station and major attractions. We would definitely stay again if we were in Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
and of course we will look forward to the next opportunity in florence
lorenzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel was very comfortable, updated, clean. Our room was great - best 3-star we've stayed in, throughout our travels in Europe. We even had SKY TV with all the channels including many English options (a rarity). Staff was very friendly and super helpful. And the price could not be beat. Everything about this hotel and our stay was just great.
The ONLY negative about this hotel was that it was about a 15-20 minute walk from the sights and the train station. Not bad if you plan to just go out for the day, but a bit inconvenient if you need to go back and forth at all. It was very out of the way. If this hotel was in a more convenient location, I bet it would be a 4-Star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
gentlemen, thank you for your comments, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel confornto with those known in Europe, is so much stuff! if ricapitate in florence, let me satisfaction, to further improve your opinion about our hotel. We invite our customers to take advantage of our reception for information around the city, as it is easy to move on and learn about the people around us. You would not believe, but we are very close to the most important centers of Renaissance history, in your short stay we did not have time to talk or take a ride together. I wait for the next round. We account.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel! The rooms have excellent decoration, they are spacious, they are very clean and the bathroom is clean also and very comfortable! The breakfast is very satisfying and the hotel location is near the city center. The only disadvantage was the price of the hotel parking. We had to pay 20€ per night at the hotel for the parking of our car! :-(
Alex Greece

• Stayed March 2013
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here last week for one night. Although the hotel is not bang in the centre, it is only a 10 minute walk away. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful; the room and bathroom (with a bath tub as well as shower) were spacious, bright and very clean; it felt as though the hotel had been recently refurbished; and we found it very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
dear guest, the hotel was renovated last year, and soon we will take one year! we are very happy with the way we read crescentdo and the satisfaction of all our guests, we would like to do more to raise awareness and understanding florence the beauty of the area surrounding the hotel within 500 m. we invite our customers to take advantage of our reception for information, we are gladly at your disposal. thanks for your comment
Kusadasi, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When we were in Florence last month, we stayed in a hotel called Rapallo and spent 5 great days and nights. We enjoyed to stay there because of some advantages. First of all, the location was great, only 10 minutes walk to Santa Maria Novella station and close to all sights. Secondly, the hotel was clean and well furnished. Third, the satff were excellent and the food for the breakfast was nice. I could not say good things about the Italian hotels in the past, but this hotel will change my opinions about them. If I visit to Florence again, be sure my address is Rapallo. I will recommend Rapallo to everybody. Thanks Rapallo hotel again for the great experience.

Mahmut Okcesiz, tour guide, Kusadasi, Turkey

Room Tip: Rooms are good in all corners
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
dear friends from Turkey,
thanks for your comment, we are pleased to read your contentment for your stay and we hope to be able to nuovemente accolgiere in florence
a greeting from all the hotel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel based on great reviews, and stayed there for 5 nights while attending a conference in Florence. There was a convenient buss shuttle from the airport to the main station in the city, for 6 euros. From the main station, the hotel was about 10 minutes walk north on Via Nazionale. The hotel is located next to Piazza dell’ Indipendenza on a busy little street, within easy walking distance of attractions and restaurants. I was greeted by Dimitri who was very friendly and helpful; since my room was not ready he made sure that I am comfortable in the lobby and treated me with espresso and cookies. At the time that I booked my stay at Rapallo I requested a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator and street noise. However the room that they gave me was on 1st floor, facing the main street, and close to the elevator, so I asked to be moved to another room that is a better match for my original requests. That was not a problem; Dimitri showed me another room located on 3rd floor and facing the back of the hotel which was quiet and perfect for me. The room had a nice floor, firm bed, and nice bathroom with great shower. It was clean except for the floor so I asked them to clean the floor and later in the afternoon when I returned the room was all nice and refreshed. Wi-fi in the room worked excellent all the time. The breakfast was good with a variety of salami/cheese, cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and tea, everything kept in perfect order by Claudia who was wonderful. There were only a few things that I didn’t like. The safe in the room was miniature, and it was always too hot in the room; the AC/heating system’s control panel was blocked and controlled only by the front desk, so I had to call them several times and ask to adjust the temperature. I tried opening the windows but that only attracted mosquitoes in the room (didn’t expect to see so many in March). There was a mini refrigerator with free bottled water in the room, which the maid was supposed to replace every day, however that never happened without me having to call the front desk. But as with other little things, all problems were fixed quickly and efficiently by the great staff of this hotel. They won my confidence and I would be glad to return to Rapallo for my next visit to Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Westmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a perfect stay here clean and chic the rooms are so bright and clean breakfast was perfect. The location is perfect. My one complaint is the third bed is like a cot not a bed but it was fine for my 23 year old. Other than that it really was a perfect hotel for our first time in Florence

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Rapallo Hotel? Share your experiences!