“Great little hotel in Florence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rapallo Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rapallo Hotel to your Saves list
Rapallo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, 7, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #19 of 459 hotels in Florence
Alton, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a great little hotel within a few minutes of the start of the areas of most interest in Florence. Staff v friendly and welcoming, a great inclusve breakfast. Coffee tea and cakes every day. Rooms clean and beds v comfortabe. Free WiFi.

Room Tip: If iits warm and you like the window open ask for a room not on the main road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
thanks for your comment, come back soon in Florence, we will come and visit our small hotel, with great affection

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rapallo Hotel for one night during our Italian vacation. The hotel was an easy walk from the train station (if you follow the walking directions and not the driving directions). The hotel is a small boutique hotel located very centrally in Florence. The hotel was very clean, but small. When we arrived our room was not ready and the Manager on duty stored our luggage and directed us to a lovely Italian restaurant. He was incredibly friendly as I had read on several reviews. When we returned, a bit later, the night Manager was on duty. From the time we walked in the door it was a completely different atmosphere. He was not very friendly and acted as if he did not want to be bothered checking us in. He took a phone call mid-way through and upon returning abruptly handed us off to the bellman to take us to our room. Never explained breakfast, the snacks/drinks in the evenings, or when he would return our passports that he had already taken from us. When I asked him about our passports he very hastily asked that I come back in ten minutes. We booked our room through hotels.com and booked a standard room with a balcony and bath tub. Unfortunately, when we arrived at our room it was very small (even for Europe standards) and had no bath tub or balcony. The room actually looked out at a brick wall. When I went back down to get the passports, I took the hotel.com reservation to show the Manager. Upon looking at it he informed me that they do have these rooms, but that he never received my request. When I told him I was confused that it was on my confirmed reservation and I showed him the printed out reservation that clearly stated a balcony and bath tub he just looked at me. He did not attempt to rectify the situation or even apologize. I am not sure if this is an issue of the hotel or hotel.com, but unfortunately I paid for a room that I did not receive and the hotel made no attempt to even apologize. We were there for one evening so the room was fine, but I have read such great reviews of this hotel and how they go above and beyond to help and this was not my experience. My husband and I travel often and are not demanding travelers, but I do expect to receive what I have paid for and what is clearly spelled out on the reservation. When this does not occur, I do expect the hotel to at least act as if they care and attempt to rectify the situation or at a minimum give a sincere apology. Hopefully, this gentleman was having a bad night, because this was some of the worst customer service at a hotel I have experienced in a while. The next morning the day Manager was very apologetic when he asked us how the stay was and we explained what occurred the previous evening. In addition, we had a room right next to the elevator/stairs. You were able to hear anyone out in the hallway or anyone using the stairs. Also, early evening they played music throughout the common areas of the hotel and one of the speakers was directly outside of our room. We got to listen to Christmas music in our room (your call if this is good or bad). After my previous experience with the Manager, I never complained about the noise or music. My husband and I had a good laugh since the website stated the rooms are soundproofed. I think I was more disappointed because I booked the hotel based on all the great Trip advisor reviews. Other notes: The evening snacks and drinks are not worth the effort. Any alcoholic beverages you have to pay for and we were not told this in advance. I do not mind paying for a glass of wine, but it would be nice to know up front what is free and what is not. Plus you are in Italy, there is much better wine at some of the great restaurants. The breakfast the next morning was good. As mentioned, the hotel was very clean and in a great location, hopefully we just had an unfortunate experience with the customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator/stairs and contact the hotel directly for any requests such as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
dear
here there was a slip by us.
an error that is more of a distraction which I am very sorry. and I regret not having been able to remedy during your stay. two things are adored penalizing even where the Information may be valid: the lack of communication or a comunicaizone wrong. to you we do not only have we been able to communicate, but what we communicated, we communicated badly. and 'was a mistake, but to which we also know to fix it. I sincerely hope that this will be the occasion, do not miss the opportunity if you go to Florence to come back again, I can assure you that we can do much better. friendliness
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Modern, clean boutique hotel in Florence. Great breakfast, nice staff, walking distance to train station and the Duomo. We got the standard room which is on the small side but what we expected. (This is Europe.) So if a bigger room is important to you then I recommend upgrading to bigger sized room. But we didn't go to Florence to hang out in our hotel room. Good restaurants nearby....but it's just slightly away from the hustle and bustle around the Duomo. Feels more local. We would stay here again for sure. Convenient and a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
thanks for your comment, I am always very happy to read the satisfaction of our customers. I agree with the spirit of his journey, a good satisfaction comes from the right expectations and good organization. good service is our passion and clarity in information relaizzare what it promises.
come back soon it will be a pleasure Ribera a good glass of wine together

Suresnes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Upon arrival at the central train station, we had a bit of difficulty figuring out a bus route to our hotel, as this is the public transit in Florence. We would eventually discover that the buses all run in one direction only, which is why we could not take our original bus as planned prior to arrival. We figured out our directions and walked. The hotel is actually quite easy to find walking from the train station; pretty much a straight shot. We were greeted at the hotel and shown to our room, which had a balcony, but it was not overlooking anything but the back of the hotel. The bathroom was good size and so was the room, which was good as we had an extra bed in the floor. Room had a safe, closet space, and free water in the mini fridge. We even borrowed wine glasses from the bar downstairs and were offered assistance opening our bottle as well. The breakfast area was charming and the selection of pastries and yogurt was as expected. Nice touch that punch and cookies were always available in the breakfast area as we made our way in from our sightseeing during the day. The only downside was that we had to travel by bus, or most often by foot, to get to any of the sites, as the hotel is not situated near anything we had planned to see.

Room Tip: Room 107 accomodated 3 guests quite nicely. "Balcony" faces back of hotel, not overlooking...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. and 'a shame that the alebrgo is in Piazza Duomo, but on that I just can not do anything, but we can always suggest, and we invite our customers to do this, to see what we have around us. the famous david michelangelo is 500 meters from the hospital of the innocent, considered the first public monument Renaissance 700 meters, as the church of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapels, the upper room of St. apollonia, one of the most beautiful circles of the city at 400 meters. the museum of San Marco, very important for the work of one of the greatest painters of light, the blessed angels is 500 meters from us. Florence is a small city but with immense works everywhere, it is our good fortune, and we invite you to discover their curiosity. we try to make you fall in love with this city and to convince you to come back and visit

a greeting and see you soon

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Visited the Hotel Rappolo this past weekend and just want to confirm that the positive reviews are quite accurate. It's freshly remodeled, sparklingly clean, and the location is very convenient to everything you'll want to see. We even walked to Piazza del Michelangelo but that's a fair hike if you're not in shape. In over a year of combined visits to Europe we've never seen better water pressure in a shower. Bed is comfy, linens are crisp. Breakfasts are better than most.

The SKY TV was a bit confusing but we're old and that's true when we try to use dish TV in the States too. A standard room is about average by European standards, i.e. bordering on tiny by American ones, but who comes to Firenze to sit in a hotel room?

Getting to the hotel- to anywhere for that matter- upon leaving the train station is confusing, especially if you don't have a map. But it's actually a straight shot from the station. As you exit the station you'll see a McDonalds McCafe on your left ( right across from the McDonalds inside the station- do we really need to inflict so many cheap burger joints on poor locals everywhere?). If you follow the street just past the McCafe it runs all the way to the Hotel. But, like so many streets in Florence, it changes names several times on the way. When it becomes Via Nazionale you know you're on the right route but it later turns into Via del Allesandria or something like that. It's not a bad walk except that the sidewalks are crowded and cobblestones aren't excactly smooth with bags in tow. None of this is meant as a negative- just facts that you have to deal with when trying to reach any hotel in town. A less stingy person might consider a short cab ride.

So sure, we'd stay at the Hotel Rappolo in a heartbeat. Once again, TripAdviser to the rescue...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
dear, someone would always compare america italy, but as America, Italy and what? what about Florence? we do not have enough space, but it is sure that a trip to Florence at least once in life, I think it is necessary to understand why the world. But what you have said the city is very fair, we need to improve and streamline our imprare in space and live better. we have to learn from you to value what we have, and to love and desire as you like to. and 'in this spirit that we work at the hotel rapallo by the customer in the true sense of the term, that is, as if we were the customer first and the most critical. thanks for your important comment. I hope you come back soon, the hotel rapallo waiting for you,
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our stay at Hotel Rapallo was absolutely amazing! After walking around Florence for hours sight seeing and getting to know the city, it was wonderful to spend the evenings in a gorgeous and clean room at night. The breakfast was lovely, and the hotel is within comfortable walking distance from the train station, even with all our luggage. I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Rapallo Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
thanks so much for recommending our hotel, we really enjoyed your comments, and I hope there is opportunity to be able to come back to Florence.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Conveniently located..walkable from train station. Staff was very accommodating, making reservations for Academia and Uffizi. Only stayed one night but would come back. Very clean. Had a nice breakfast. After a long day of sightseeing, the afternoon cookies and juice were appreciated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
it's nice to turn to Florence, and you have been in a period of light, waiting for Christmas, now with panettone and champagne instead of juice is even better.
thanks for your comment, we hope to toast together next year
lorenzo

Been to Rapallo Hotel? Share your experiences!