“Il Bargello restaurant Florence” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #790 of 1,967 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Il Bargello restaurant Florence”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant presents very small portions badly cooked with indifferent service. They also charge you automatically for that service. We had chicken breast and Pork Chop: they were delivered with french fries which we didn't ask for. This is not a cheap restaurant at all, and extremely poor value for money. The only positive thing I can say is that it has a very good location in a main square.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest
I've tried for days to find a sense in your review in order maybe to do better our job but I've wasted my times because I couldn't anyway...

At the end I've said to myself that maybe you had big difficulties in reading our menù because:

1) you complain about prices and they are written on the menù outside and in the menù on your table
2)you complain about the service charge and it's written in the menù outside and in that one on your table
3)you complain about the french fries with your main course and it's written in the menù outside and in that one on your table that we serve main course "with vegetables"

About the small portions:what can I answer to someone who complain that had small portions and the following step complain about the "mysterious and hidden added fries" on his plate??So your portion is too poor or too much??!!

So maybe I've a suggestion for you in order to live better(and maybe also to let people like us, who work hardly every day, live and work in peace...) and to enjoy your holidays:read better the menù next time and above all decide what about you want to complain before writing a post!

My best

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Restaurant in the thick of things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great friendly service, good value and good quality dishes. Great for a family meal out. Choice of indoor and outdoor seating in a great location. You might be lucky and get a few arias from the singing chef! Nothing to dislike, really.

Visited October 2013
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for been so happy to stay with us....seems that people understand our genuine friendly way to welcome our Guests but keeping the right professional approach to be efficient.
Greetings from the singing chef Vincenzo
Palisade, Colorado
“Il Bargello was the best time EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friend and I stopped at Il Bargello at first because of the location and the views. We had a fantastic meal...pizza, wine, dessert and coffee. But the best part was our waiter, Lorenzo. He was very attentive and sweet...then when we teased him a little bit (meaning we were being our normal smartass selves) he jumped right in and quickly became the biggest reason we've had at least one meal per day here. Last night we were fortunate enough to also meet Mario...another great guy. Both Lorenzo and Mario took us back to the kitchen to be serenaded by Chef Vincenzo (who sang a beautiful rendition of Nossun Dorma. Then all three came to our table throughout the evening to gift us with laughter, smiles and song. The food was excellent as was the wine. I will carry the best memories of our trip to Florence close to my heart because of these wonderful men. The best of Italy resides at Il Bargello :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

All the Staff have worked behind Mario and Lorenzo to make you feel as better as we could and as I read you have a good remember about the trip to Florence and the Il Bargello too and this make all of us very happy to have done a good job.
My best to you and greetings from Lorenzo, Mario and Vincenzo the singing Chef!
Nixa, Missouri
“Our FAVORITE PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friend Ellen and I have been in Florence for 5 Days. We happened to choose Il Bargello for lunch and we are so glad we did!! We have been here almost every day!! Whether it's for pizza , pasta, just coffee or wine. We have not been disappointed by the service, location, staff or food. As a matter of fact, we have become friends with each person we have met who works here!! They treat us like family.. Whether it is Lorenzo, Mario, Vincenzo etc.. They have all been wonderful!! I will miss being sung to by chef Vincenzo (it happened last night) or listening to the playful teasing between Il Bargellos waiters and even the waiters in the restaurant next door. We had many choices of where to spend our Euros. Il Bargello will win every time!! As a matter of fact, we are going again today!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us ever again and again for several times and for you long description of the restaurant and the staff and the food and the atmosphere and the service! We are so glad that your time here was so good and we want to thank you for any single words you have spent here for us!
Anytime you decide to come back to see us we will be here!
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

It was amazing having lunch here in the middle of this piazza and historic place! Very good pizza and the service excellent! ;)

Visited September 2013
Marco T, Proprietario at Il Bargello, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for this wonderful review I'm glad you had a great experience with us and I'm sure you will be back and that day we'll do our best to preserve your good memory of us!