“The perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Tel Aviv
“The perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Visiting Florence, We have chosen to stay again in Bernini Palace hotel. Prior to the visit, we have consulted a lot, mostly by emails, with hotel's staff, they were keen to help and advise on any issue, including tours, reservations, general info. While staying, Everything about it was superb - from the breakfast, to rooms, to service, to location. Any request was handled in no time. the staff is the most professional and kind staff we have encountered. The location is the best in Florence - by Piazza della Signoria - the most beautiful & magical piazza in Florence, and 5 minutes to Arno river.
The overall feeling was classic. Pleasure, beauty, satisfaction. just what we wanted to feel in magical Florence.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, July 3-5/ The location cannot be beat. It is very close to the Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi gallery. The rooms were clean and nice, but I had booked two rooms and the staff did not put them together.
The buffet breakfast is average at best. My 7 year old daughter did not care for the eggs. My 5 year old son also did not eat the fruit selections which is unusual for him.

We asked the staff for a kid-friendly tour of Florence. The tour was anything but that. I do not recommend you have the hotel book your tours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

With some improvement on the pastries served in breakfast, the hotel will be unbeatable. The linen beddings made our sleep very relaxing. Location close to everything. Helpful concierge. We felt at home.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. For the time we entered and were greeted we knew this was gong to be a great experience. Valentina checked us in and she was so helpful, professional and nice. We had a beautiful room that was a good size and very clean. This is an excellent location and only 10 min from the train station. Don't let the train intimidate you if you have never done it, it is an excellent way to travel and very easy to access. The staff at the hotel was very helpful in providing directions and recommendations. Breakfast was nice and provided an assortment of eggs, meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals and yogurts, it should please about any palette. We had booked the Best of Tuscany tour ahead of our visit and we enjoyed this immensely, so did our 9 year old daughter. Florence was beautiful and full of friendly people everywhere. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for seeing the sights of Florence. The major attractions are only steps away and there is shopping everywhere. The hotel staff is very helpful with anything you need and has good suggestions for restaurants. Breakfast is very good. The rooftop atrium is a great place to relax. We walked from the train station (about a 25 minute walk) which was a bit pulling luggage, but there are cabs available if need be. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the atrium ( to relax or to smoke) ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been importing Italian products to the USA for over 25 years and have been to Florence 40 times. I have stayed in a large variety of hotels in Florence. I was staying in a business hotel elsewhere in Florence for the first week of my visit as the guest of the Italian Trade Commission. I stayed an additional four days for museums and shopping and moved to the Bernini Palace based on Tripadvisor reviews. The location cannot be beat for the convenience of seeing the major sites that Florence has to offer. The public rooms of the hotel are very beautiful. After staying at a business hotel in the south of Florence for a week,I was very happy to arrive at the Bernini Palace. My room was not ready, so I had a delicious seafood lunch in the bar area near the reception area. I had requested an interior room, but Lorenzo convinced me I would like the exterior room with a view of the Duomo (you had to lean out the window for the view). The room was nicely decorated, bathroom was very nice, I appreciated the linen sheets, but the room was very very small. No possibility for room service., but the 5th floor location was relatively quiet even though it was an exterior room. Breakfast buffet consists of very high quality ingredients and has a very extensive selection, savory and sweet, hot and cold, too many to list. Additional hot items can be ordered at additional expense, but I see no need for that. The room breakfast is served in is very elegant with a beautiful painted ceiling. The only thing I did not like, the servers stand in a row, in white jackets, with their arms folded behind them and wait to pick up an empty plate or other from your table. It was too cold and formal a presence for breakfast for me.

The first night, I had dinner in the hotel. I know Florence and its restaurants well and had organized the dinners out for our group of 8 to 10 each night during the previous week and decided to stay in the hotel for dinner since my lunch was so good. I was puzzled why dinner was in a somewhat dreary basement room. The food was just ok, even by Florence standards. I did not eat there during the rest of my stay.

I got caught in the Air France air controllers strike and was advised by the travel agent in Florence the day before my departure from Florence to leave the hotel at 4:30am for my 7:00 am flight to Paris. I asked for a reservation to eat my dinner in the bar area and was told by Franco, the restaurant manager, that is was not possible for me to eat in the hotel that night as they had a group of 45 occupying the dining room. At that point I was not happy. His response, I am just an employee I don't make the rules. I couldn't even order room service........not to mention my room was so small, I would have had to eat on my bed, which at that point I was willing to do. At that point I asked why I had to eat in the dreary basement room for dinner the first night instead on the beautiful room where breakfast is served. He said they used to serve dinner in that room but did not have enough dinner guests for the larger room. Maybe if they improved the food and used the beautiful room, they would increase their patronage. I was really not happy that there was absolutely no effort to try to accommodate a guest who just wanted a simple dinner, in a bar seating area that was completely empty.

I also did not like the fact that housekeeping called me one night at 10:15pm and wanted to know why I had my do not disturb sign on the door all day. (I was working on orders and since I had no other room, everything was spread on half my bed and I didn't need any fresh supplies.

When I checked out at 4:00 am the following morning the desk clerk had a cavalier attitude about my criticisms. I was willing to put up with the small room and the other issues, but not when I was told there was no possibility for me to eat in the hotel for dinner the night before my very early am departure with a rude and brusque attitude by Franco. So I ate out at one my favorites Trattoria Gargani.

I may have had isolated problems that are not common to most guests staying at the Bernini Palace, as most seem to have had spacious rooms and minimal service problems. I would recommend the hotel for its great location, especially if this is your first time visiting Florence. Its location close to so many major attractions assure you will not get lost. Have the wonderful breakfast, do not have dinner in the hotel. But most of all enjoy Florence!! The Palazzo Strozzi has a really fabulous exhibit thru August 18th called The Springtime of the Renaissance, 1400 to 1460. This is the period before the Medicis came to power. Beautifully displayed...and documented in Italian and English. Original pieces from important collections and museums all over the world. Allow 2 hours.
Do not miss it! It is one of the most important periods of Florentine history.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Room was great, very comfortable and easy to walk all over the city. Incredibly close to attractions - literally 2 minutes down the street from the Uffizi Gallery! Staff was a little standoffish, but still perfectly pleasant. Had a great stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bernini Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!