We stayed here from December 17-23, in a double superior room for 768.00 Euros.
- Location - Very centrally located, it's 1 block away from the Piazza della Signoria (the square with the Neptune fountain). We walked everywhere while we were here - The Uffizi, The Academia, the Pitti Palace, Basilica Saint Croce, Ponte Vecchio and Piazzale Michelangelo; all were easily walked to 5-20 minutes from the hotel. While we were here the temps got into the 40's during the day, and we were still able to walk to the major sites without feeling "frozen"
- The Hotel - The staff were all very friendly. Everyone wished us buon giorno throughout the day; they were very attentive and answered all questions that we had. Admittedly, we didn't use many services, but they dud have quite a few available such as, food recommendations, tours, a bar and hotel restaurant. There is a Breakfast Buffet served daily from around 7-10 (not sure the actual hours, but we got breakfast during those times) The charge for the buffet is 15 euro per person, but is worth the price if you are off for a full day of sightseeing; coffee and juice is available free of charge. Each morning they gave me a pot of coffee with latte and sugar to take up to my room on a serving dish, free of charge, they were very nice and I really appreciated their willingness to give me my coffee "to go" = Excellent staff. Additionally, there is complimentary wifi, I was always able to access the internet from my room, no matter the time.
- The Room - We stayed in a spacious double superior room. The bed was 2 twin beds pushed together, but that is common for Europe. There were 2 closets with plenty of space for our 3 pieces of luggage worth of clothes. The bathroom had 2 sinks and plenty of space. There were toiletries, slippers and robes for use at our disposal. The room was soundproof, for being on a main square; we couldn't hear anything when the window was closed. The housekeepers came by twice a day, once in the morning to clean/refresh linens and towels and once again in the evening to do turn-down service. The room was always clean.
- The only minor complaint I had was a very personal issue, which may not apply to most travelers. It was December, and it was in the 40's for most of our trip, therefore the hotel was running the heat. I felt like the room was very warm. You are able to control the heat in your room, but you are not able to turn the a/c on, so we ended up sleeping with the windows open. We basically had to decide between sleeping uncomfortably due to the heat or the crowd noise when we opened the window, we choose the noise. - BUT - this may not apply to everyone, for reference, I sleep at a constant 70 degrees back home in the states, anything above 72 makes is too hot for me sleep comfortably.
Overall - We really enjoyed our stay in Florence. My review is based upon only being there in the evenings, as we were sightseeing during the day. - I would gladly recommend this hotel to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 15th century “Palazzo”, the Hotel Bernini is built according to the Classic Florentine architectural style, with string-course cornices along the walls and wooden shutters giving it a charming antique flavor. The Bernini Palace is located in Florence’s historic center, right behind Piazza della Signoria - just a stone’s throw from the Uffizi and Florence’s main historical attractions. The rooms are 74, Classic, Superior, Deluxe, Junior Suite and Suite, all are fitted out with the best, most up-to-date mod-cons and still preserve the charm of the past. The Tuscan Floor is reminiscent of old world Tuscan colours and themes, very warm and inviting. The new restaurant La Chiostrina is located in a historical courtyard of the hotel, it is the ideal place for delicious gastronimic specialities in Florence, its versatility makes it an excellent restaurant offering an innovative menu. A full breakfast is served in the magnificent Sala Parlamento (complete with a splendid frescoed ceiling) formerly a meeting place for members of Parliament and Senators of the Kingdom of Italy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bernini Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernini Palace By Baglioni Hotel