I stayed here back in March, and was so impressed, that I made it my base for the week my son and I returned to Florence during Thanksgiving Week. Didn't disappoint. The service was excellent and the property, impeccable. My son forgot his passport in the room when we took an overnight trip to Rome, and the staff at the Montebello Splendid made sure that the copy they had on file was faxed to our hotel in Rome so that we could check in. Lesson learned, never leave a passport behind if you plan to check into another hotel during your stay! Such a great hotel, and I won't hesitate to stay here again when we return to Florence later this year. It is a short distance from the city center, but perfect to make you explore the less traveled streets on the way to the normal attractions, and the walk along the Arno makes it worthwhile. Excellent property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old villa from 19th Century with private garden located in the lively heart of Florence and transformed into a boutique 5 stars hotel full of charm and warm atmosphere, according to the neoclassical Florentine tradition. All rooms are elegantly designed and decorated differently but all equipped with the most up-to-date comforts. In a few step from the hotel you can easily reach all the most important attraction of Florence. Opened in June 2004. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Montebello Splendid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Splendid Florence
- Montebello Splendid Hotel Florence