“Love this place in Florence!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sweden
“Love this place in Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a real italian trattoria. The service is great, and the atmosphere is just what you want when you are in Florence. The food tastes like heaven, and the prices are ok. This is a real pearl! :)
Camilla from Sweden

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
New Zealand
“Beautiful food, wonderful atmosphere, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were so thankful this restaurant was recommended to us, as it capped off a perfect day in Florence.
The food was devine (my son asked me why my lasagne didn't taste as good as theirs, and could I please make it more like they do - if only I could!!). Our party of four all tried different dishes and everyone was very satisfied.
The relaxed atmosphere was just what we were looking for, a perfect place for families.
We were very happy with the cost of the meal - real prices for quality food - we hope to make it back to this restaurant again one day.

Visited July 2012
“Third time lucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

In my seven day stay in Florence I loved this restaurant so much I went a total of three times: two dinners and one long lunch. The waiters remembered me and each time upgraded me to a better table.

Trip one: turned up quite late so was seated right next to the door. I took it upon myself to act as door personnel (i've always wanted to work in a club) and stopped at least four customers from entering the premises. I liked this table because there was a good view of their horse feature art wall: a tiny wall but also an homage to equine beauty. It featured two drawings of horses. Really tranquil.

Trip two: promoted to a table more towards the centre of the restaurant. Almost drank an entire bottle of olive oil. I only eat the crust of bread so I left the central portions on my plate and the waiters didn't judge me a bit. The cheese was really good and at the end they have me complimentary limoncello.

Trip three: picked up an additional mate as was promoted to the largest table in the restaurant!!!! Stayed four hours and they did not kick us out. They had a whole platter of baked pears and I was excited because I thought they might be complimentary like the limoncello but they were just a sort of daily special dessert. Stole a placemats (made out of paper so no big deal) and have stuck it on my bedroom wall. Also recreated the horse wall in my hostel room. (Ingenious)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
singapore
“Great Service and Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

went to this not-very-obvious-tugged-away-cornered restaurant for dinner with family. The restaurant serves very local Florentine food and although the waiters don't speak much english, they recommended quite a few florentine food and desert. Price is very reasonable, spent 70 euro for a family of 4.

• Visited December 2012
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Excellent choice in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were recommended by our B&B hosts to go to the Trattoria San Lorenzo. We were very glad that we did, it is a smallish place (with an upstairs), however, it is a busy and bustling restaurant. There was a fair mix of locals along with tourists, probably more so local than not.

We were welcomed in English, we tried our poor Italian, and we appreciated their fluency in our language! the menu was terrific, and we tried mostly the local specialties. The house wine was very good, and everything that we ordered, we completely enjoyed. We actually tried several dishes, so if you are hoping to keep the price lower, then it can be very easily achieved.

I believe their prices were quite reasonable especially considering just how expensive Florence can be. The first night our bill was 40 euros, and the second night it was 48 euros.

Yes, we did return the second evening for dinner! since the first night was so good, we didn't want to risk going somewhere else and possibly being disappointed. We were very warmly welcomed back the second evening and offered some complimentary desserts!

We would be very happy to return to this restaurant!

• Visited October 2012