“THE BEST GELATO IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 1,973 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Ice Cream, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night
Description: From this very charming location it is possible to enjoy unparalleled views of the Uffizi Gallery, the Vasari Corridor, and Ponte Vecchio-all while enjoying our homemade, hand-crafted ice cream with its basic, natural and authentic ingredients of the highest quality.
“THE BEST GELATO IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I studied abroad in Florence, Italy for an entire semester and I made sure that I had gelato at every place I visited, but there was no place that could compare to Cantina! Not only was the gelato made to perfection out of ingredients from local people of Florence, but Samio, the owner of the shop, was probably the nicest person I met in Italy all semester. He let us taste all the magnificent flavors of his gelato and would answer all of our questions we had about the gelato, growing up in Italy, and pretty much anything we could think of. Any time someone came to visit I always took them to Cantina because it is simply the best you are going to find. Words cannot express how special this gelato shop is to me and my whole experience in Italy. To anyone who is traveling to Florence stopping by Cantina del Gelato to eat the best gelato on the planet served up by the most wonderful Italian man is a definite MUST! Thank you for everything Samio, I miss you already!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Regina, Canada
“It's good...the best?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We are renting a flat above the shop and so we end up there most nights for gelato.

Most flavours (that we've tried) are very flavorful and very tasty - limone ans pistachio are favorites. The size/value is good...I've paid 6 euro for more but it melted way before it could be eaten so 3 euro for a medium cup seems about right. I've had better melone but I like the fact that the combinations and flavours aren't so muddled and unnecessary as to become inane

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
florence italy
“Not Anymore The Best Gelato”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

When Cantina del Gelato first opened, I used to go there daily for a delicious ice cream. I must tell you that since they received their trip advisor card, the place has steadily gone down hill and the quality of their ingredients is now of the lowest quality. I asked the owner why the ice cream didn't have the flavor it used to have and he said perhaps the ingredients were not the same quality everyday. They should be the same standard each day. Local people have taken their business up the street to the Stregga Noccioli which served fabulous ice cream EVERY day. The Cantina sells to tourists who pass by once and for the most part, are not familiar with good quality gelato. If you visit, the on;y flavor to have is Chocolate which is quite good. The rest is absolutely bland.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
cantinadelgelato, Proprietario at Cantina del Gelato, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We feel really sorry that you think our ice-cream isn’t good as before, but we can guarantee that we didn’t change anything after receiving our trip advisor card, wouldn’t make any sense to do that, our ice-cream is a 70 years of family tradition in doing real home-made ice-cream!

We just use products that we can be sure of its quality. Probably was a misunderstanding, what I meant about the ingredients, was that they don’t have always the same taste, or every apple do you eat tastes the same?! It doesn’t mean that we buy low quality products, just means that we REALLY use fresh products, and using them it’s IMPOSSIBLE that every time the ice-cream has the same taste, but for sure the quality is always the best. We invite you to come with us to buy the products and also to visit our laboratory to see it by yourself! We hope to see you again!
“THE Best Gelato in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stay two weeks in Italy so i try new places for the ultimate gelato. From Rome To Sicily up to Firenze and as incredibly as it is i found Cantina del Gelato very close to Ponte Vecchio (Firenze) was not expensive at all. (2.50€ for up to three flavors) and believe me when i say it is THE BEST gelato in Italy!!! Hazelnut, Mascarpone and Italian Cream were my flavors. After that my quest for THE BEST gelato was over.
Keep up the excellent work!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Best gelato in Florence hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Best gelato in town hands down. Recommended by the locals. The prove is excellent as well. The kiwi flavor is phenomenal.