“Fantastic management and location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Privilege

Save Saved
You added Hotel Privilege to your Saves list
Hotel Privilege
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungarno della Zecca Vecchia, 26, 50112 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #93 of 461 hotels in Florence
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic management and location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My two grown children and I stayed at Hotel Privilege in May 2012. My daughter was ill for a few days and the manager was so kind and thoughtful. She told me how to get to a local restaurant that didn't normally provide take out service but told me to advise the restauranteur that she sent me. The restaurant prepared wonderful meals that I could take back. The breakfast was a delicious start to the days of sightseeing. The manager also assisted us with getting around to various sites and to the pharmacy for medicine. The hotel is in a wonderful location within walking distance of various sites. If I am lucky enough to return to Italy, I will definitely choose to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Emanuele T, Proprietario at Hotel Privilege, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your words of appreciation and your positive opinion about our Hotel.
We are really happy you enjoyed our services and to read that you had a pleasant stay here in Florence and particularly at our Hotel Privilège.
We always try to be as careful and useful to the various needs and requirements of our customers and when we receive positive feedback we are very honored and pleased.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our Property .

Kind regards.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staying in for a week, Barbara was a sweetheart, we felt most welcome, and every request was fulfilled, from slippers to ironing board.
Location is the biggest asset, as the hotel is situated on the Arno river bank, a short walk from Ponte Vecchio and despite the fact it's on quite a busy road, we didn't hear any noise.
Price is more than fair compared to other hotels.
Rooms are spacious and clean.
Breakfast was fulfilling.
My only observations would be: bathroom window on 101 doesn't open, carpet would need some cleaning because if you walk barefoot u can get black feet and at breakfast I would've enjoyed fresh pastry and mix of hams. Capuccino was excellent.
It's a 9 out of 10.
I will come back for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was extremely pleased with my stay at hotel privilege. The rooms were nicely sized, cleaned daily, and very comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. When I lost my credit card, the woman at the front desk let me call from her line and directed me to the correct number to call. She provided recommendations and gave directions. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again if I return to Florence.

• Stayed July 2013
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Lovely, gracious, hotel. Our second trip to Europe and this hotel was our favorite. The staff made us feel so welcome. The nice young gentleman who worked the night shift was exceptional. The manager Barbara also was such a delight! Spacious room, quiet yet central location on the river, attentive service. My husband is particular about breakfast and he was totally satisfied-fresh fruit, yogurt, savory frittatas, tarts, yummy pastries, cereal, meats and cheeses, good coffee!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Privilege this July while travelling with my grandmother and we both loved it. The manager Barbara was incredibly friendly and very helpful- when it turned out that I had lost my passport en route, she rang the airport and taxi company and returned the passport to me the next day. The bedrooms are clean, spacious and well air-conditioned and there is a wide variety of food for breakfast- cereal, fruit, pastries, toast, bread rolls, cold meats and cheese as well as hot and cold drinks. The hotel is right on the banks of the Arno, facing the tower of San Niccolo and is only about 10 minutes walk from the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio and the Piazza della Signoria and about 5 minutes away from Santa Croce Basilica. There's also a lovely covered garden/seating area outside to relax in if you feel sitting outside but don't feel like leaving the hotel. I really can't fault this hotel- a really wonderful discovery.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A very nice, owner-operated, botique hotel. Great location along the river within walking distance of most of historic Florence. Friendly, helpful service; very nice rooms; good breakfast. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed our recent 3 night stay at this hotel, which is conveniently situated along the River Arno. The room and bathroom were both good in size, and the air conditioning worked well. Wi fi in the room was spotty, however. The daily breakfast featured a wide variety of choices. The most notable aspect of the hotel was the staff. They were all just wonderful, always eager to help in any way they could and often going above and beyond our expectations. We recommend the Hotel Privilege to anyone looking for a reasonably priced and comfortable place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Privilege? Share your experiences!