“Beautiful and comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Oregon
“Beautiful and comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel David for seven nights in late September/early October. At the time of booking I had requested an upper level room with a balcony, if possible, and was fortunate enough to end up in a beautiful room with a huge private balcony which I enjoyed every evening. The room itself was so appealing - spacious and bright with large windows (complete with electronic black-out blinds for when you don't want all that light), comfortable bed, and plenty of storage for your things. The bathroom was of good size, extremely clean and very attractively and colorfully tiled.
I found all of the hotel staff to be very accommodating and friendly, especially the woman who ran the breakfast room. (And the breakfast was delicious, with a good selection to choose from.)
The walk along the river into historic Florence is very easy and at night is especially beautiful.
Since I stayed for seven nights I was given a couple of extra freebies, including an airport pickup upon arrival and a ride to the train station when I left. This was much appreciated!
I hope to return to Florence and the Hotel David again!

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your words of appreciation I'm glad our Guests enjoy our rooms with a balcony and now that the season is about to start it's so pleasent to stay outside!
And now a new service is on it's called "self dinner on the terrace" it's a new way to enjoy your dinner at Hotel David ask for more info.
I'm sure that next time you will come to see us you will like this new service..........

Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed in this hotel 12-16march2010. Room 11, twin bedded and with balcony, was a nice retreat to come home to. The windows in the room have wooden screens to make the room completely dark at night. No problems with noise from the busy road in front due to double glazing. We also liked the nice perks included as free mini bar, free daily 10min phone call worldwide and free snack+wine every evening in the lounge.
We were also offered the free lunch at Trattoria Bordino 50meters from Ponte Vecchio in a very small alley. What a great find!! Its a mix from tourist and workers who walk in for a fast lunch. They offer two different menu's a day for eur7.00 or or 10.00. Excluding drinks and dessert. Great value for money.
Location great...you can walk anywhere within 15min. or take the bus (eur1.20 one way valid for 90minutes) 50meters from the hotel. Staff was always helpful and very pro-active. If you like strong coffee for breakfast or great cappuchino...just ask the girls they will be happy to make it for you in their small kitchen. We loved our stay and highly recommend Hotel David.

• Stayed March 2010
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Dear Guests,

I'm so happy you enjoyed one of our rooms with the balcony and as you see despite the room faces the front garden it's quiet. As I see you took the offer including a free lunch at Bordino Resto it's good to explore new food experiences!!!
I'm so happy you liked our location a bit off from downtown but close enought to visit Florence by foot or by local bus.
All the Staff is aways at your dispsal for any information you may need.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

lovely. good price. Decent location, especially if u r driving and need free park. Friendliest staff ever. Stay there.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
HDavid, owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Dear Brazilian Guests,

Thank you for posting your review on this traveler community we are so happy you have good feedback of your stay!!

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Our stay at the Hotel David was a wonderful experience. The staff was outstanding in their service. The extra perks were greatly appreciated; a wonderful breakfast with attentive staff, a free stocked minifrige, and even free international phone service (10 minutes). Our Italian is limited so greatly appreciated their excellent English speaking skills. Our room was very clean and quiet. For Italy, the room and bathroom was spacious. The location was perfect for us; close to the bus and within walking distance to many of our destinations. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you have good memories about our hotel and I understand you enjoyed our efforts to let you feel at home!!
Anytime you decide to come back we will be at your disposal.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

My boyfriend & I stayed in Hotel David for the weekend and really liked it. The staff were really friendly and to rooms quite big & very clean. The only slightly annoying thing is the walk into the centre which is about a 15 minute walk. Saying that, we went in early March and it was quite cold. I imagine it'll be a lovely walk along the river towards the ponte vecchio in the summer months.

• Stayed March 2010
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you had good time in Florence and you enjoyed our hospitality, I can assure you that in summer time the walk to the center is much more agreeable!!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel David in October 2009 and I apologize for taking so long to post my review. It was definitely the best place we stayed in Italy. The hotel is very clean and charming and is a pleasant river walk (or 3 minute bus ride - you can buy tickets at the hotel) from the Ponte Vecchio. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were very helpful, friendly, and had a funny sense of humor - nothing makes you feel more welcome than being able to joke and laugh with someone. It was so nice to be away from the bustle of downtown Florence yet still be close to everything. We spent our first hour there sitting in the garden and planning the final details for our stay in Florence - it was lovely. We live in Colorado and I gave them a jar of our mountain wild flower honey as a token of our appreciation and I hope they enjoyed it (I am sorry to say my Italian is mostly nonexistent and what little I do know is atrocious so I had to settle for "Spread on bread like jam"). My total lack of language skills aside, we had a wonderful stay here and would certainly stay here again if we return to Florence! In fact, it isn't just a nice or good place to stay, it really helped make our stay in Florence the magical experience that it was. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Dear Guest,

If you decide to write your post after a year this means that we are still in your memories and this makes us very proud!

Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I will never forget the excited call from my girlfriend, who arrived at the hotel a few hours before me, telling me how perfect it was. Clearly it was the best place we stayed at while in Italy. The setting is charming, the staff very friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable and tastefully decorated, and the breakfast is excellent. The hotel is located within walking distance of the major tourist sites, yet in a neighborhood is that is quiet and authentic. We could not have been more pleased and thank the staff for their wonderful hospitality. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, March 7, 2010
Dear Guests,

I'm glad you have appreciated our efforts to make our hotel as welcoming as possible and we are preparing great things for the season 2010......
See you soon,

Best regards,

Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!