“A Wonderful Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Wonderful Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently visited Florence and found Hotel David on Trip Advisors. Given all the positive reviews, we went ahead and booked rooms for our party. We are so glad we did. The staff was super friendly, courteous and always helpful (and all spoke english too). It's located on a beautiful shaded street a little distance away from the center of town. The hotel is full of old world charm with all the modern conveniences. A/C, private bath, well appointed rooms. Breakfast was served in typical buffet style and was very good, everything you might want. The happy hour each evening in the garden had beer, wine and snacks too! We did walk to the museums in the center of Florence, but it's a good 20 minute walk at a quick pace. Even the walk was reasonable, we used taxi's the next trips in and out of the city center. The taxi stand is right next to the hotel and fares are quite reasonable. Overall, we highly recommend Hotel David and will stay there again on our next trip to Florence.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comment and I'm so happy you carry good memories about your trip to Florence and Hotel David too!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is how all hotels should be. Everything was included, there were no extras or surprises. Breakfast was surprisingly wonderful. They had a beautiful patio for dining on and a good assortment of eggs, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt and cheeses. The room was great, amazing rain shower and good quality paraben free shampoos in environmentally friendly packaging. I especially loved the terrace and the hotel was nice enough to extend our check out by an hour so we could enjoy our coffees and books on our private balcony. This hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the city centre, but it is a beautiful walk and I would much rather stay here than in the middle of the crowds. They have a free daily happy hour at 630 pm which includes wine and appetizers and a beautiful courtyard to enjoy it in. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm so happy you had good time with us and I consider myself very lucky to have so many happy Guests at the Hotel!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything was perfect. Breakfast was great and even had sunny side up eggs. Room was quiet and balcony view beautiful. Happy hour is very relaxing. Bus stops are very close to the hotel. It is a short bus ride to IL David and the city.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I like your title!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the wonderful welcome from the reception staff, to the beautifully decorated hallways and rooms, to the huge showers. Everything was perfect.

Every member of staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and a good size, The breakfast choice is vast and then you can either eat in the dinning room or walk down the stairs to the covered patio area.

The happy hour every evening is just that free wine and nibbles, laid out buffet style in the hotel garden, where there is a chance to socialize with your fellow guest, if you wish.

It is the perfect place to have a relaxing holiday.

I wish there was a Hotel David in every city I wanted to visit. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation I'm glad you had good time with us and that you enjoyed our free services!
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have just spent our third holiday at Hotel David and, as usual, we had a wonderful time. Gabriele and his team made us incredibly welcome and they were so helpful with assistance and advice when we needed it. Our room with private balcony was lovely and the charming garden is an ideal place to meet fellow guests at happy hour each evening. We would highly recommend this hotel for personal service above and beyond the norm.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for trusting us so may times and I'm glad we were able to be consistent.....
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had read the reviews about Hotel David so were looking forward to our stay and can only add our endorsement! Being able to park our rental car securely, then leave it for 4 days during our stay was great. Yes, the location is not in the heart of Florence but after a day of walking through the crowds, it was so wonderful to come over the bridge and ... relax. A nibble from the restocked mini bar, great shower, downstairs for Happy Hour, then out for dinner - what a finish to any day!
I needed to see a doctor when we arrived and the person on reception could not have been more helpful. I asked where was the closest doctor and he offered to call for me. After a brief discussion on the phone, he advised me that an English speaking doctor would be here within 20 mins to see me in our room. And he was!
All of the staff, from housekeeping to the owner, Gabriele, were friendly, helpful and would not walk past you without a smile and a hello.
We found some wonderful restaurants about 15 mins walk towards Ponte Vecchio, one street back from the river. The walk is along the river and quite safe. At reception, there is copies of a map of the area, with a variety of restaurants marked on it. We found the bus stop right outside very convenient, and my husband loved the large variety of books in the communal lounge room.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting service and facilities that we thought were gone today. No, they are alive and well at Hotel David! Well done, and keep it up. It is refreshing and you deserve to be No 1.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you are well and you can enjoy your holiday and I'm happy that my receptionist Michele found for you the solution to your problems.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Lovely little home away from home. Hotel David is a welcoming, charming little hotel. Our room (Number 6) was on the ground floor and was very large - a welcome surprise for our family of four. The bathroom was also large with a good shower - something you appreciate when you've been traveling for a while! The free amenities show how they just go that one step further, free wifi, free mini bar refill every day, free happy hour, free call home every day and of course breakfast! My one issue was the lack of curtains which I found very odd, it meant I didn't sleep well, and woke early with the sun each morning. Unfortunately on the last morning we found a button that said "shutters" for electric shutters!! I should have asked!! Every staff member we dealt with was welcoming and helpful, and I would definitely recommend Hotel David. Only 15-20 min walk from the centre of Florence, along the river so very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your opportunity to remind to all our Guests that all rooms have electric shutters for having dark in the morning sun!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!