“Nice hotel with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice hotel with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Service: it is definitely an outstanding service as the staff is committed to make a nice stay for the guests. Being helpful on different requests (e.g. reservation for restaurant) and always friendly/smilling.
Value: I still feel it is expensive (I guess they take advantage of being no 1 on Tripadvisor)
Sleep: the bed was quite good but we were disturbed one night with the toilet flushing all night (neverthless fixed for the second night). The bed is original as it doesn't have feet supported on the ground but on the ceiling
Cleanliness: this is well cleaned
Location: it is not right downtown at your footstep but easily reachable by 20min on foot to reach the heart of historical centre
Room: it is completely renovated/refurbished with a nice atmosphere. Room is large and the staff welcome you with nice gifts, such as a cake and personal written welcome card

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review I'm happy you had good time with us and I remind you that our reception is open 24 hour to be always at your disposal specially in situation like this!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is just what you need before setting out for a day of sightseeing. It's slightly further out from the main tourist area ( compared to some of the other hotels you see right in the centre) but the walk from the hotel to the centre is very doable, and there is a bus as well, for which you can buy tickets at the hotel.

Would definitely recommend.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your words of appreciation I'm very happy you considered us a good base to explore Florence and surroundings.....
Cypress, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Absolutely nothing we did not like about this Hotel. Great people, service, rooms, location...!! Five minutes away from the sites with easy transportation. The Owners are on-site, and it shows in the attention to details and service.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are very happy that you liked our property and the advantage to find the owner on site is that nearly everything is under control!
Dukinfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Since I retired, my wife and I have had several city breaks in different European cities staying in a range of hotels. Hotel David, for us is by far the pick of the bunch: the hotel is spotless; decor is tasteful; nothing was too much trouble for the staff; break catered for all tastes; the room was spacious and had a luxury en suite bathroom. The location of the hotel is handy for the city centre and you can walk easily or take one of the frequent buses. I can highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for nice words of appreciation I'm honored to have so many David lovers and I'm always do may best to go over your expectations!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this lovely little hotel 2 weeks ago and enjoyed every minith. All the stuff members are very kind, helpful and hospitable. The public areas and the rooms decorate very nice and warm. I had an amazing big and beautiful open terrace with view of the city. The minibar in the room is free and you can call everywhere in the world free from charge for 10 minith every morning (which was necessary to me after my slolar had stolen in Rome), My room was very comfortable and beautiful (bed very comfortable) with half room extra with massage armchair and little writing desk. Shower was very convenient and super clean (like the room itself and all the hotel areas). Breakfast was good and reach. Between 18.30 to 20:00 they have "happy Hour" in the lovely yard with free snacks and hot/cold and even alcoholic drinking - very spoiling after a long day of walking and before going out again to dinner. Even the location is good: slightly away from the city center (10-15 minutes of nice walking near the river). So thank you guys for yours generous hospitality. Hope to come back! you are highly recommended

Room Tip: pay a little beat more for room with terrace
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed the view from room 30!
I wish you a good day!
san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was in Florence for pleasure with my husband and 10-month old daughter. We stayed in a double room with a baby crib - room #31 on the top floor. It was FANTASTIC. Why? Here are the reasons:

(1) The Staff - EVERYONE (from the cleaning lady to the waitress to the front desk) is SO nice and accomodating and will do everything they can to go above and beyond to help you make your stay perfect. Need a dinner recommendation? They'll call and book a reservation and give you a map to the perfect restaurant. Have a baby with a lot of dirty clothes? They will graciously let you use their laundry machine so Baby stays clean and happy. Left your room incredibly cluttered? Not only do they clean your room - they like SERIOUSLY tidy up and organize your stuff.

(2) The location - It's a scenic 15 minute walk along the river to the city center or you can EASILY take the bus D to Ponte Vecchio. The location was perfect. You can have a car and not worry about the ZTL (free parking) but it's close enough to everything that you can easily walk. Location can't be beat.

(3) Amenities - Free daily mini bar; wonderful, free happy hour; wonderful, free breakfast; great, affordable coffee/soda/water bar during other hours.

(4) Special services - My baby became very sick while we were there. The manager took special note and helped us call a doctor who came right away and checked her out. The personal care and attention Hotel David pays to their patrons is unmatched, and I was so grateful for their care during this illness. I was so worried having a sick baby in a foreign country, but Hotel David took great care of me to tell me how to get to the pharmacy, how to take the medicine, calling the doctor back with questions - they were great, really really great.

(5) Free wifi!

I can't gush enough about Hotel David. I want to go back to Florence just to stay there again and experience their wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: If you go, make sure to dine at nearby Trattoria Gigi. It's delectable!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your words of appreciation I'm so happy you had a good stay with your family and say hello to your daughter and your husband too!
I wish you a happy Easter!
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

From the moment we arrived until the day we left the staff were warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. The room was lovely, spacious and spotless, on fact I think it had recently been refurbished. There was a free mini bar, free happy hour to meet other guests and the very copious breakfast was included in our room rate. The hotel is a bit away from the centre but the public transport bus was just across the road and there was a taxi stand right near by as well and the taxi rates are not at all expensive. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely little hotel and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and nice to see that you took advantage of our free services...I wish you a happy Easter and see you next time at the David.
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!