“what a charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Florence
west st andrews
“what a charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

you cannot say enough good things about it,nice rooms great staff,clean,make you feel at home,beautiful breakfast,which you can enjoy on a deck,free phone calls ,even to north america,a happy time in the evening when you meet other guests,free wine and snacks,location across from bus stops

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm happy you enjoyed happy hour it's a marvellous idea to share different experiences with other travellers!

1,810 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

After hearing about Hotel David through TripAdvisor I booked the last room available. Wow was I pleased! It deserves it's No 1 rating. Arriving there after a rough leg of travel we were welcomed sweetly by such a caring staff. The rooms were charming and the bathroom was full colorful Italian sparkling clean tiles. After a free happy hour and a chance to schmooze with our first English speakers in days we decided to stay another night. The location was right in front of the bus lines and we enjoyed that we could breathe under the trees after the crowds "downtown". The veranda breakfast was amazing as was our favorite female barista who served us cappaccino each morning. The most outstanding part though was the staff and their services. They helped with everything, tickets, directions, taxis and even computer plugs. It always felt like home when we came back from Florence's busy streets. Thank you helping us to fall in love with Italy. Special thanks to Michael!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm really impressed of the many feedbacks we received about the new summer padio where to have morning breakfast......
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to its excellent record on TA, and weren't disappointed.

This hotel truly understands how to make a trip special and shows the benefits of smaller hotels rather than chains.

Simple touch's like a free mini bar (first round of contents) because they know you've been travelling and an aperitif (free nibbles and drinks) make you feel that they've exceeded your expectations. In addition the bar prices are ridiculously cheap (€1 for a glass of good quality house wine, €30 for a bottle of Moët!) showing that they are making nearly no margin on the bar-unlike chain hotels. They also allow you to phone home for 10 mins free of charge.

Breakfast is the only meal they serve, and it was perfectly adequate. The breakfast room is light and open, and a good start to the day.

The room was great-spacious, clean and an authentic feel. Large bathroom with double shower was good.

Staff were excellent and happy to help. There are pc's set up to print boarding passes etc.

The location is a bit out of the absolute centre, but you can get to Ponte Vecchio in 15 mins walk by the river, or bus D runs pretty much door to door, and at €12 for 3 days pass, is a good option.

Nothing we would change about this stay. Glad we stayed there and will recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you had good time with us and you took advantage of all our free services and I'm sure you will be back one day!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing Hotel - everything is outstanding - rooms, service, meals and Happy Hour (1.5 hours free wine & food). Staff are so helpful. BEST HOTEL IN ITALY...well located only 15 minutes walk to ancient City, Cathederals, Museums.
Well done Hotel David no wonder you are Tripadvisor Winners!
Thanx P & M

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I really thank you for your nice words of appreciation I'm happy you had good time with us but a 5 star hotel is very different from us and I'm sure that most of the people who are regular Guests of a 5 star hotel will not be interested in our hotel and I'm happy there are many 5 star hotels in Florence where they can go and be happy!
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This has to be best hotel I've ever stayed at. It's reasonably priced, located in a gorgeous, quiet neighborhood with spacious, elegant rooms and bathrooms and a staff of helpful, smiling faces. It's no surprise that the David is #1 on trip advisor in Firenze. It's casual, yet sophisticated, with beautiful decor. The breakfast veranda is lovely. The spread of food in the morning is outstanding. In the early evening the put out a fantastic happy hour spread of wines, iced teas, all kinds of appetizers and fresh fruit- All complimentary!! You could literally eat dinner for free at the David because they put out so much yummy free food and wine. They also have an honor system bar where you can grab a beer or a bottle of wine or champagne anytime of day. Just write your room number on the ledger and list what you take. Genius! When you arrive, the mini bar fridge in your
room is nicely stocked and is all complimentary! The rooms have 20 foot ceilings, flat screens and awesome AC. At the Hotel David you are wanting for nothing! They even have a laundry room, which is a huge bonus when you are on a long trip. It's within walking distance of every major site in Firenze. The Hotel David is perfection!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm really impressed how many people wa had had that like our location....only 2 years ago was a minus and now people start to understand that beeing a little out of the action is a plus!
Thank you!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Florence from our quiet, beautiful room at Hotel David set amongst the leafy tree lined Viale Michelangiolo. It was so lovely to come back to our little oasis after a hard day doing the tourist grind in the city and spend a lovely "happy hour" - drinks and nibbles!! Breakfast was exceptional too . There are several bus stops just outside the hotel and they are extremely reasonable - tickets available from reception - along with some of the nicest reception staff we have ever encountered, in fact all the staff were caring and helpful, nothing was too much trouble even sorting out the wifi for my iphone. The room - we had a large (really), beautiful room with an amazing 4 poster bed suspended from the ceiling!! There was also a large bathroom and a huge patio/balcony with a view of the duomo, all so clean and comfortable, we could have just stayed there only Florence is too good to miss.

Room Tip: The one we had
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you liked the David and it's services we are trying to give you the best compromize quality-rate we can and as I see we are on the right way!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am writing his review sitting in my lovely room at the hotel David as I wait to check out. W have had the loveliest time staying here for two nights . Nothing is a bother for the staff , so helpful & accommodating to my needs. I love the location away from the major hustle & bustle but still close to everything you need & their are two major bus routes just outside. Our room is spacious & generously offer us a free mini bar . The bathroom is beautiful & modern and along with the room very clean & inviting. Hotel David also offers amazing free wifi ( that actually works !!!) and happy hour in the evening served in the front courtyard , with a selection of refreshments & nibbles.
Breakfast is vast & amazing and you would have to be very fussy not to find something to enjoy xx a big thanks to all the attentive staff that made our stay in florence so wonderful & most memorable . There is an amazing pizza place close by & Gigi trattoria is also a great place to eat xx will be back again soon to hotel David

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for this wonderful review I'm glad you had a great experience with us and I'm sure you will be back!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!