“Brilliant Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Hobart, Australia
“Brilliant Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The best service we have had on any trip we have been to. With all the little extras involved and the way in which Gabrielle assisted us in everything we needed to know, the hotel was faultless. A great credit to all the smiling staff. This is what a hotel should be like. Welll done. *****

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for your words of appreciation I'm very happy you had good time with us and a big ciao from the smiling Staff!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Mon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived here at Hotel David on May 28 as the start or our Tuscany visit. I cannot say anything more nicer than what already has been said. It is TRUE....everyone here goes out of their way to make sure your visit is the best experience. The service is just outstanding. Gabrielle helped me with an International cell phone problem, calling my country's carrier to help resolve my problem, which took two days. Without his help, It would have made our trip to Italy a little less enjoyable..
They should teach others in the hospitality industry how to treat their guest. They should get awards from the Italian Govt....not just Trip Advisor.
We returned here on June 15 as a base to depart home. Again they greeted us with open arms and let us check in early. Had a a nice bottle of wine, pastry and flowers waiting for us in the room.
Thanks again Gabrielle and to your whole staff. Great place to stay. Your are great hosts.

Room Tip: Clean rooms. Central location. Super hospitality. Well worth the price, which I think is very reas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kindness I'm happy to see that our hospitality is making a lot of Guests happy to be here and very often leaving the David with the intention to come back!
Have a safe trip back to the wonderful BC!
Norhamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Chose Hotel David as a result of Trip Advisor reviews. Had room 31 which has a balcony and view of Duomo - although at a distance. located 15/20 minute walk from centre of city. Room lovely, staff great and nice breakfast either in breakfast room or on terrace. As just out of centre has good selection of neighbourhood restaurants at reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this post I'm happy you had good time with us here at the David, like in many situation our location has advantages and disadvantages.....my personal suggestion is to stay away from the David if your ideal hotel has to be centrally located because the David is not!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

very good experience, super friendly people, comfortable rooms, great breakfast. The hotel is just across the river from the touristy area of Florence. Just perfect for us....you can walk or take a simple bus ride in to the city center but get away from the chaos to a quiet comfortable spot. We just loved it here. I would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and trusting the other Guests who came before you and wrote their own post on this travelers website, we will be here next time you decide to come back to visit Florence!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel David for three nights. Room was large and well appointed, included breakfast each morning lovely, included happy hour a fun way to meet the other guests, included mini bar welcomed after a long day of touring! Most important however was how the owner, Gabriele, went above and beyond in helping my friend get her lost luggage back; making several phone calls and following up so that the luggage was delivered to Florence before we left. A huge thanks to Gabrielle and his staff for helping to make our stay in Florence most enjoyable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you were able to collect your luggage before leaving Florence, when I left the day before your departure I wasn't sure you could make it!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel David is a charming place that instantly makes you feel welcome. It’s located about a 20 minute walk (or short bus ride) form the heart of Florence.

We were only able to stay one night, but it was obvious from the minute we walked in that this is a hotel that understands how to treat its guests. From the happy hour, to the honor bar, to the wonderful breakfast, everything is planned with the comfort of the guest in mind. But more than any particular amenities the thing that stands out is the warmth and friendliness of the staff. It’s an extremely relaxing and comfortable environment to come back to after a day of crowds in the city center. We loved every minute of our stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm happy that also Guests who have been here only for one night immediately felt welcome, it's means that here is easy to get into the right feeling!
I hope to see you back soon,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed at Hotel David for 1 night but could’ve happily stayed for a lot longer.
Hotel David is located in a peaceful street just outside of the heart of the city. It’s just a short 5min bus ride or drive away from all the action of Florence. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel.
An ‘all inclusive’ hotel, Hotel David is a little bit of luxury. Included in the rate is; 1 mini-bar, breakfast and a happy hour (6.30-8pm) open bar and nibbles in the lobby or courtyard each evening.
Our room was beautiful – clean, comfortable, very spacious and a wonderful big bathroom.
Great WiFi connection in room.
Breakfast was a buffet of all things; cereals, breads, meats, yoghurt, pancakes, eggs, fruit salad etc...
The staff at Hotel David are completely delightful. I’ll make special mention of Vittoria whom I saw the most of at reception, she has a lovely, hospitable manner and was genuinely very helpful.
I can’t speak highly enough of Hotel David, I will make another trip to Florence in the future just to stay at this hotel. It’s one of my 3 favourite hotels in the world (so far). Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in room#14 - beautiful. I can't imagine there being a bad room in the whole hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your words of appreciation I'm happy that despite you spent with us only one night you had immediately a good feeling with the David and it's staff.
I'm sure next time you will be planning a trip to Florence you will stay longer with us!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!