“Tripadvisor #1 for a Reason” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Florence
Scotland
“Tripadvisor #1 for a Reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Simply a superb hotel. Fabulous staff, comfortable rooms and lovely food. Ok, so its not right in the centre of Florence, but its an incredible lovely 20ish minute walk along the Arno to the Ponte Vecchio. Its near some very good restaurants, which the hotel staff will point out to you. If you're wanting a city break in Firenze, stay here - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm so happy you had good time and you wish to come back to visit us and to be a 20 minutes off from the main attractions can be a top advantage if you wish to enjoy the less touristy area we live in!

1,824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everything about our stay here was perfect, huge clean and attractive rooms, bathroom and balcony, great breakfast, wonderful helpful and friendly staff. I liked the location being on the other side of the river away from the hustle and bustle of the main city and it was easy to get the bus back and forth with regular mini-buses very close to the hotel. We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that once again our location is considered an advantage to many more Guests who like to be a little outside the downtown area but close enough to walk there.
Discovery Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel David is a bit off the beaten track, but still a very walk able distance from the city center (about 15 minutes). The rooms are impeccably clean, with updated bathrooms, and the staff are incredibly friendly. Mornings offered a full American breakfast with hot eggs and bacon -- a rare find in most of the hotels in which we stayed in Northern Italy. And of course, there was the nightly happy hour with complimentary appetizers and cocktails. The one downfall was that there were not a lot of restaurants from which to choose that were within walking distance at night, and it would have been nice to have been a little closer to town. However, the rates were very reasonable, and it really was a lovely jewel of a hotel with beautiful views of Florence from the upper stories.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace. The view from our terrace was so peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your words of appreciation I'm happy you had good time here at the David and I'm sure you will be back and we will be here to welcome you!
Stavanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great base for a stay in Florence! Very friendly people, good and prompt service, clean rooms, nice (basic) breakfast, free sundowner with yummy snakes from the kitchen. Town center is in walking distance, but there is also a bus leaving in front of the hotel. For Florence not very noisy (especially rooms towards the back). Secure parking, free wifi, internet pc available in the lobby. Well-equipped, reasonably prices honesty bar, small refrigerator in the room.
We chose the hotel because of the good Tripadvisor feedback and were not disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review we are happy you had good time with us here at the David and I'm sure once you will be back!
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Location - Far from the center. After a long day of walking and sightseeing, it was exhausting to walk for another 20~30 minutes just to return to the hotel. Basically, you have to add 10~16 euro taxi fare on top of your daily room rate.

Noise - On the internet it looks like the hotel is situated in a serene and quiet neighborhood but in fact it is located right off the busy main street.

Happy hour – I would rather pay for a drink and have better snacks as other aperitivos. Nothing to rave about.

Self-serve lobby bar – Isn’t it a hotel???

Hotel has a nice deco, room was clean and spacious and staff were friendly however I wouldn’t stay here again mainly because of the location.

All the things that Hotel David offer – wifi, happy hour, breakfast, clean room, friendly staff – can be found in many other hotels in better location, some for less money with low-season deals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Location is probably the first selection you have to do when you choose and hotel and ours is not a secret that is 20 minutes walk to downtown and despite few Guests would wish the hotel to be closer, I will not move the hotel closer to downtown; regarding the connection to downtown taxi is a solution but not the ness expensive and practical, bus transportation is cheap and very frequent!
Our self service 24 open bar gives you the possibility of easy access to food and beverage but if you prefer to be served you just ask the reception.
When a Guest is not completely satisfied with the hotel I'm always sad but this is the game and I will get used to that....may be!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When I first entered our room, my jaw dropped and I just stood there and said wow! The room was beautiful (room 31). The bathroom was so nice, the best shower I've had in 5 weeks of our European trip (other showers have been the shower over the bath tub kind, for some reason I just can't get used to them!), but this one was a proper shower, thank you. They also have a laundry for use, which is again very much appreciated!

I just have to thank the wonderful staff who helped my boyfriend and I with liaising with the restaurant we ate at on a previous night in which he left his MasterCard there. We had planned a day trip to Pisa and Siena and the hotel rang (I'm sorry I didn't ask the lovely girls name) the restaurant to find out if we did indeed leave it there, yes we did, they explained that we would pick it up later when we got back. Unfortunately, we had problems with the train coming back from Siena and realised we would be back in Florence after the restaurant closed and we were leaving Florence very early in the morning, we rang the hotel at about 9pm (I'm sorry my boyfriend did not get the nice girls name on the phone) and she again called the restaurant & explained that we were held up & arranged for the restaurant to deliver the MasterCard to the hotel! We we're very relieved that this was arranged for us. Thank you very much to all who were involved with this. Definitely coming back to Florence and definitely staying at Hotel David & definitely demanding room 31 again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm happy we could find your credit card and even happier you found at the David what you were looking for!
We wait for you next time you decide to come to stay in Florence.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in late November. We found the hotel to be perfect. Charming and helpful staff, bountiful breakfast and a happy hour topped off with a lovely, spacious room and a comfotable bed made up with lovely linens. It is in a great location. It is within walking distance of the sights, but still off the beaten path away from the throngs of tourists. We were there in inclement weather, but the location still works.......since the bus practically drops you at the front door. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the nice words about the hotel! I'happy you had good time with us here at the David and as I supposed our location is perfect for the travellers who wish to stay very close to town but far enough to be our of the crowd!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!