“great hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Florence
Rio De Janeiro
“great hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

During our trip to Italy my wife and I have also visited the beautiful Florence. We booked the hotel after David searched the internet for what he did for us. The hotel is in a good central location about 10 minutes walk from the Duomo. The rooms are very well maintained, renewed and very clean. What struck us was the friendliness of the staff, they are great. I hope to come back again in Florence and will book definitely here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for coming to stay with us it's a pleasure to have Guests from Brasil always happy and smily!
I wish you a great beguinning of the year!

1,825 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were amazed with everything related to this hotel.
As we arrived to the hotel around 6pm the happy hour was in place. Coffee, juice, snacks, pizza slices and many more from the house were offered. So many English speaking people were there and all talking highly about the place. The advice from reception was excellent and the restaurants around were just perfect for what we were looking for. The full minibar for free is another thing which I did not see before. The buffet breakfast has everything what we needed so we were not surprised that the hotel is No 1 on TA in Florence.By the way the WiFi is free and working plus couple of Apple computers in the common area for our use. It is well deserved. Thanks for your hospitality.

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you had good time here at the David...and I'm very happy you took advantage of all our services we privide!
I wish you a good beguinning of the year and see you soon at the David!
Worongary, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Gabriel the owner is very, very professional. A high standard is maintained in every aspect of the running of this wonderful hotel & the service it provides. From the nighly happy hour where guest meet & mingle to the beautifully decorated & appointed rooms and bathrooms - customer service is the ethos and its makes your stay at Hotel David unforgettable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to hear from you! It must be summer there in Australia....I'm happy you keep good memories about your trip to Florence and Hotel David too!
I wish you a great beguinning of the year and see you soon then!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thank you to the staff and management of Hotel David! Your hotel is amazing and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge, clean, comfortable and welcoming. We stayed as a family and booked 2 rooms which was fabulous. Everything was perfect. We were also thrilled that the hotel offered 10 minutes free calls to Australia per room per night, unlimited wifi, a full complimentary mini-bar during our stay, complimentary afternoon tea each day , and unlimited access to amazing cappuccinos and hot chocolates for a small fee of 1-2 euro. Parking was easy - especially good when driving in Italy for the first time and we were a short walk from everything that the beautiful city has to offer. We would highly recommend Hotel David to any travellers, single , couples or family who wish to stay in Florence. There is truly no need to look any further. Thank you :)

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for your words of appreciation I'm happy that all our services to make your stay as pleasent as possible are giving good feeds and also always cosidering the value of the money!
I wish you all the best for the new year coming and see you next time you are coming to visit Florence!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about the Hotel David (believe me, that's unusual for me!) Rooms are clean, a good size, comfortable. The staff are really sweet and helpful, the breakfasts are lovely - they make their own cakes - and on top of all that they give you a free minibar and evening drinks. What's not to like?!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us at the David I'm glad you enjoyed our welcoming next time you decide to come to Florence you will become a repeter customer than!
I wish you all the best for the year coming!
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel David is a great place to stay. The owners travel themselves and understand what you actually need and want. We stayed for five days in a beautiful spacious room with a balcony and views. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, and there were refreshments available when you wanted them at minimal cost plus free happy hour and 1x mini bar free. We were grateful for the excellent laundry facilities. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
You make our job very enjoyable and it's true we travel ourself and try to imagine what we would wish to find available at the hotel when we arrive and what it is a must to have!
As soon as you decide to come back we will be here with new services available!
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

What can I say?

The Hotel David's best asset (of many!) is the staff - professional, expert, friendly and welcoming, with excellent English. We arrived on Christmas Day - everything closed in Florence - but the hotel was open and ready for us.

Our room was spacious and in immaculate condition - everything in working order.

This hotel ticks all the boxes ...

* free parking (a rarity in Florence)
* fast reliable Wifi
* self laundry (wonderful when travelling for weeks in Europe)
* tasty breakfast
* good shower (pressure and consistent temperature)
* thick fluffy towels
* room safe (great for valuables when exploring Florence)
* huge king-size bed
* good restaurants nearby
* taxi stand outside
* bus stop nearby
* nightly 'happy hour' - generous nibbles and wine
* free phone call home (much appreciated at Christmas)
* help with maps, directions, postage, bus tickets sold at reception
* double glazing (quiet) and electronic shutters

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else next time I come to Florence and my only worry in writing this review is that it might make it less likely to be able to book again!!

Room Tip: For a triple room (huge king) and single we found Room #2 very suitable