“Great stay in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Florence
wayne, nj
“Great stay in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. The staff was SUPER helpful - they gave us great recommendations for everything including a hair salon! In my opinion the best thing about this hotel is the happy hour. It was wonderful to meet and share tips with the other guests. Great breakfast and large, clean and spacious room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Good to know that our happy hour is always making people happy and we wait for you next time with some changes also at happy hour!

1,801 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hotel David is great! It is a very quaint hotel which has the feel of a B&B. The rooms were roomy and very clean. Everything was great but the very BEST part about Hotel David is the staff. Each and every person we encountered was genuinely friendly and went out of their way to help us out. We will definitely be back!

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post and I'm happy you as many other Guest enjoyed our hospitality and service!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We only had one night at this hotel but I'd definitely come back to it and have recommended it to people as a very budget friendly hotel and great value.
I enjoyed staying in this part of Florence for a change and we walked into the historical centre and back again and it was a very pleasant walk. It might be too long a walk for some but there is the bus right there.

The hotel itself is well appointed and charming, the included breakfast was great,it even had bacon and eggs which my travelling partner enjoyed. We were impressed by the welcoming touches, the cake in the room and the non alcoholic beverages in the mini fridge that were included in the room rate; this is the sort of thing that really appeals to you when travelling, rather than be charged ( or over-charged) for every little thing. Also the happy hour with wine and snacks which we enjoyed outside was a very nice touch. The hotel recommended a local restaurant which we walked to, it was a simple place filled with locals and the food was delicious and very easy on the wallet.

I wish our stay had been longer to explore the neighbourhood and further enjoy this hotel but it is on my "to return to" list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm really happy that you understood the value of the David specially for quality price and for our service that you Guests consider very special! The only regret is that you spent with us only one night but I'm sure that you will stay longer!

BluEmu1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Why is Hotel David rated so highly? Simple, it is nearly perfect! From the time you walk through the front door until the day you depart you feel welcome here. A delightful room with a large beautifully tiled bathroom with the best shower in Italy was ours to enjoy for three nights. Free internet, free soft drinks in the mini bar, an evening "happy hour" and a very nice full breakfast are all included. Most important the staff is outstanding. They want to please you and make your stay memorable. Hotel David is located across the river. It is not in the heart of Florence but it is a fairly short walk. Less touristy places to enjoy as well as a not to be missed, mind-boggling view of all of the city from Piazza Michelangelo which is a very short walk away (you could also take the bus and be there in three minutes.)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in a wonderful room but there are also lovely rooms with balconies.
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming to stay with us! You are helping us to keep our position and to be able to provide always our best compromise quality rate and our best service! And for the new year we have ready many new tips for you!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel turned the holiday into a really nice memorable trip away. The situation of the hotel is in a safe and leafy area of town, where Bus D will run you into the centre in 2 to 3 minutes. The hotel reception is great, they provide bus tickets, reservations for Uffizi, maps, tours etc. All hotel staff are friendly and relaxed, and they provide drinks and nibbles before you head out to dinner in the evening, which is a great time to get tips from other guest. Rooms at the top of the building have views over Florence and they are the same price (I believe). Soft drinks and snacks in the room all part of the price, and the rooms were very quiet and clean also. My mother wants to go back for her 70th so it must be a hit. Also try the 'Sweet' Wine bar, full of locals and excellent wine and atmosphere. I preferred this to the traditional Italian restaurant the Hotel David recommend. Definitely give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Top of the building (with balcony) for views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you have taken advantage of our services and I'm happy you considered our front office effecient! I'm sure you will be back and we will be here!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

LOVED Hotel David all around - Made our stay in Florence so much better than if we stayed in a "regular" hotel. It's a boutique style hotel, almost bed & breakfast feeling. Beautifully decorated, clean rooms, fantastic bathroom & shower. Wonderful staff and great amenities. I'll just give the short list!!! Computer access, printer, happy hour!!, parking, beautiful views, lovely breakfast, quiet location. Next trip to Florence, I know where I'll be staying again!! Thanks Hotel David!

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review I'm very happy you had good time here with us and that you enjoyed our hospitality and services....and next time you will be coming to visit Florence I'm sure you will see we can be even better!
Shepperton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My partner and i stayed at the Hotel David for a long weekend in mid-November and couldn't have wished for a better hotel. From the moment we stepped through the door, where we were welcomed by a very personable receptionist named Chiara, to the moment we left, we loved it. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom spotless with an excellent shower. There was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but we don't use them anyway. If you want tea, coffee, alcohol or soft drinks they are all available in the bar which is run on an honesty system (you write down what you take) and there is a mini-bar with free soft drinks in your room.
There are only 25 rooms, according to their leaflet, (although we stayed in room 26?) which gives an intimate feel to the hotel and we met some lovely people in the very comfortable lounge at Happy Hour when you get free nibbles and wine.
There is free,fast, WiFi throughout the hotel and 2 laptops in the lounge for guests use.
There is no restaurant in the hotel as they only have a breakfast room but we tried a couple of local places recommended by the hotel ( free map at reception) and they were excellent.
I have, however, two slight criticisms over breakfast. Firstly, they need more tables as some guests had to wait for a table to become free. Secondly, as vegetarians I would like to see the bacon kept in a separate dish away from the eggs in the the food warming cabinet.
Although not right in the centre of Florence the hotel is an easy 20 - 25 mins stroll along the riverside ( with buses and taxis available from the doorstep) and aside from the galleries and buildings the centre is generally a bit of a tourist trap; much better (and cheaper!) to eat and drink at the bars and restaurants on the south side of the river nearer to the hotel .
I honestly can't recommend this hotel enough.

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enogh to give this hotel a high rate and some useful suggestion that helps to make this place better and better! It's a good suggestion to consider vegetarians and to keep bacon separate to eggs; unfortunately our breakfast room is too small if all the Guest come to have breakfast together but it happens only in low season because in summertime you can have breakfast on the terrace so most of the Guest stay ourside!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!