“Super, hotel made the holiday.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Super, hotel made the holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel turned the holiday into a really nice memorable trip away. The situation of the hotel is in a safe and leafy area of town, where Bus D will run you into the centre in 2 to 3 minutes. The hotel reception is great, they provide bus tickets, reservations for Uffizi, maps, tours etc. All hotel staff are friendly and relaxed, and they provide drinks and nibbles before you head out to dinner in the evening, which is a great time to get tips from other guest. Rooms at the top of the building have views over Florence and they are the same price (I believe). Soft drinks and snacks in the room all part of the price, and the rooms were very quiet and clean also. My mother wants to go back for her 70th so it must be a hit. Also try the 'Sweet' Wine bar, full of locals and excellent wine and atmosphere. I preferred this to the traditional Italian restaurant the Hotel David recommend. Definitely give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Top of the building (with balcony) for views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you have taken advantage of our services and I'm happy you considered our front office effecient! I'm sure you will be back and we will be here!

1,825 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

LOVED Hotel David all around - Made our stay in Florence so much better than if we stayed in a "regular" hotel. It's a boutique style hotel, almost bed & breakfast feeling. Beautifully decorated, clean rooms, fantastic bathroom & shower. Wonderful staff and great amenities. I'll just give the short list!!! Computer access, printer, happy hour!!, parking, beautiful views, lovely breakfast, quiet location. Next trip to Florence, I know where I'll be staying again!! Thanks Hotel David!

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review I'm very happy you had good time here with us and that you enjoyed our hospitality and services....and next time you will be coming to visit Florence I'm sure you will see we can be even better!
Shepperton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My partner and i stayed at the Hotel David for a long weekend in mid-November and couldn't have wished for a better hotel. From the moment we stepped through the door, where we were welcomed by a very personable receptionist named Chiara, to the moment we left, we loved it. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom spotless with an excellent shower. There was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but we don't use them anyway. If you want tea, coffee, alcohol or soft drinks they are all available in the bar which is run on an honesty system (you write down what you take) and there is a mini-bar with free soft drinks in your room.
There are only 25 rooms, according to their leaflet, (although we stayed in room 26?) which gives an intimate feel to the hotel and we met some lovely people in the very comfortable lounge at Happy Hour when you get free nibbles and wine.
There is free,fast, WiFi throughout the hotel and 2 laptops in the lounge for guests use.
There is no restaurant in the hotel as they only have a breakfast room but we tried a couple of local places recommended by the hotel ( free map at reception) and they were excellent.
I have, however, two slight criticisms over breakfast. Firstly, they need more tables as some guests had to wait for a table to become free. Secondly, as vegetarians I would like to see the bacon kept in a separate dish away from the eggs in the the food warming cabinet.
Although not right in the centre of Florence the hotel is an easy 20 - 25 mins stroll along the riverside ( with buses and taxis available from the doorstep) and aside from the galleries and buildings the centre is generally a bit of a tourist trap; much better (and cheaper!) to eat and drink at the bars and restaurants on the south side of the river nearer to the hotel .
I honestly can't recommend this hotel enough.

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enogh to give this hotel a high rate and some useful suggestion that helps to make this place better and better! It's a good suggestion to consider vegetarians and to keep bacon separate to eggs; unfortunately our breakfast room is too small if all the Guest come to have breakfast together but it happens only in low season because in summertime you can have breakfast on the terrace so most of the Guest stay ourside!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel David on our honeymoon in October 2012. It was a great stay, they had champagne in the room for us and even accommodated our early arrival. The location is good, walking distance from all attractions. It rained a few days during our stay and they provided sturdy umbrellas, taxis, and even some last minute museum reservations. The hotel is not fancy, but the little extras they provide make it a wonderful experience and very comfortable. Having drinks/snacks and hot coffee/chocolate available at all hours, plus the free internet in the lobby and the use of the phone for free international calls, were priceless. I highly recommend Hotel David!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Always when we have Guest coming for honeymoon it's high expectation and we know that it's so impostant to provide the best service and when we succeded we are all very happy!
Best regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Amazing from the check in to check out. I wanted to stay here for ever. This Hotel has everything. Efficient friendly welcome, clean spacious rooms, Facilties that other hotels seldom offer e.g.a laundry for clients to use. Happy hour was fantastic, we met some really lovely fellow travellers and enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of the hotel who provided fresh interesting aperitifs and beverages. The breakfast was divine, comprehensive and very fresh. All of the staff without exception were very welcoming and went out of their way to help. I don't enjoy telling others how amazing this place was as I fear it will be booked out when I next visit.Every city needs a Hotel David. We loved every minute, wished we could have stayed longer. we travelled for8 weeks and Hotel David was NO 1 all the way.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Nice to be your N1 and thank you for keeping us at this high level! I'm very glad you enjoyed our hospitality and I'm sure you will still find availability next time you decide to come to visit us!
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here in mid August and we just loved it. The breakfast was really lovely and happy hour was great - so many perks! Staff was very helpful and professional. The room was minimalist but comfortable with very clean wood floors. We walked each day to the most popular sights despite the heat and it was very manageable, however, the bus is quite convenient. The only drawback I could see is that the surrounding area is quite quiet (plus it was August which is when all of Italy goes on vacation) so if you want a lively environment at night, you need to head back across the river. There are a few good (not great) restaurants within walking distance to the hotel which worked for us. Overall, I think the hotel is an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post and thank you for trusting us, I'm glad you had good time in Florence and see you back some time.
bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

All the good things that have been written about the Hotel David in Florence are true! The welcome was warm, the bedroom was stylish, comfortable, clean and quiet, and the breakfast was good, but it was all the other extras - such as the happy hour, the ability to phone home at no charge for 10mins a day, complimentary internet, and outstanding customer service - that added to what we would call an exceptional and a most enjoyable stay.

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm glad to see that you had good time here at the David and you found useful all our services that we include in the room rate.
I'm sure that in the next future we will see you back here at the David!
Gabriele Cecioni

Been to Hotel David? Share your experiences!