“Good location, big on style” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vicolo dell'Oro 6r, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #43 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Good location, big on style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

right near the Ponte Vecchio, you can get a room with great views of the Arno. The hotel is in walking distance of most local sights and shopping. The hotel seems to emphasize style with , for example, filmy white curtains around the beds. Are those curtains hygienic? How often do they get washed.? There was great closet space for a European hotel but not a lot of space otherwise. The staff at the hotel were very courteous and helpful. There is a terrific wine bar right next to the hotel. There was free wifi.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Arno may be a little noisier. A higher floor might be better.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i cannot recommend this hotel more highly. The hotel itself is really chic, trendy, and perfectly located. The bedroom was fabulously styled, and the view over the Ponte Vecchio was incredible. Whenever we popped back for a break you could have people watched all afternoon. The real thing for us were the staff. Just the friendliest and most helpful group of people. Ordered a bouquet for my wife and when they realised it was our anniversary we arrived to a chilled bottle of prosecco. The sky bar was amazing, and a great way to start the evening. Be warned it's a popular spot, be ready to squeeze in! Room tip: we had the Deluxe Arno View on the fourth floor. When I booked they did look to see if the 5th floor room was available which I note had balconies, however with the sky bar above it may not have been such a great idea. I could not recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: Deluxe Arno View was worth every penny, dual aspect so views were incredible.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were well thought out. Good amenities, stunning location. Roof top terrace bar not to be missed. Overall a fabulous stay.
Call the hotel for driving directions - because they're right next to the Ponte Vecchio it's a bit tricky.

Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Stable88,
thank you very much for letting us know your thoughts in regards to Continentale.
We are more than glad to hear you could enjoy location, amenities, service and mos of all our rooftop bar La Terrazza.
We do our best to contact our guests prior to their arrival in the city and suggest them the most suitable route to reach the hotel. Florence is not very car-friendly either for the tiny on-way streets and the bad signal for GPS.
Walking definitely is the best way to fully enjoy the beauty of this historical city.
We thank you once again for the useful tip you shared which I'm sure will be useful also for many other travelers.
Looking forward to welcome you back and let you live another Lungarno Collection experience,
our warmest regards
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were upgraded to a room overlooking the Ponte Vecchio and Arno river and the view was absolutely stunning!! The room was comfortably large enough, the bathroom was quite large. The windows opened which allowed for us to enjoy the musicians on the bridge but when closed, the room is very quiet. The bed is comfortable, the room is clean, there were bathrobes but no slippers oddly. The staff were friendly and helpful. The overall vibe of the hotel is cool. We didn't enjoy the beautiful roof top deck and will next time...we were just too busy. The only negatives are: no coffee in the room (why??) and the shower...something might have been broken but both days the temperature alternated between the temperature selected and absolutely frigid cold water in about 30 second intervals. It was quite miserable. I didn't complain as these things are normally not easily corrected. Either it's their hot water system or something broken. Breakfast was 28€ per day per person. We did not choose this option as it seems entirely too expensive AND is served in a hotel across the way. For breakfast, I think that's unnecessarily expensive. I would stay again as the location (for me) can't be beat but I would want the same exact room with the beautiful view. I do think the room rate is a bit high given the lack of amenities such as in room coffee, a restaurant in the hotel and the spa was closed for renovation. The iPad in the elevator was great fun. Seeing the pictures people take of themselves was fun and hysterical. What a great feature and great idea!

Room Tip: We were in Room 403 which overlooked the Ponte Vecchio and Arno. We had two huge windows (that open...
Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear 5KPK,
thank you very much for you comment in regards to Hotel Continentale.
We are thrilled to read you could enjoy the upgrade and the Arno River view! It would be great if you may contact us and let us know in which room number you were staying in. Features like shower pressure or temperature can be immediately addressed and should not been taken as granted. Most likely it's how the pressure swifts due to the thermostatic mixer, but nothing is broken or not functioning.
In regards to coffee and butler station, our Architect and designer made a specific choice in not putting any at time also for other sister properties.
Since lately other travelers are reporting this to our attention, I will forward this trend and feedback to our Area General Manager to reconsider this choice again.
Should you plan to come back, please feel free to contact us directly and it will be amazing being able to guarantee the room you want and taylor made some features to improve you next stay.

We thank you so much once again for your visit and your comments which surely may help us in bettering our service! We are looking forward to welcome you back again,
best regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

This place has a lovely roof top terrace that opens in the afternoon with slouchy seats and overhead heaters.Great for a relaxing pit stop mid way through the afternoon. It is quiet and away from the buzz on the streets below. Views over the Arno and toward the Ponte Vecchio make it a great photography place too.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ladyrawdo,
thank you for highlighting what you liked the most about Hotel Continentale.
It's wonderful to hear that you could find a little corner of tranquility and relax here, far away from the hectic day in Ponte Vecchio, although you were right in the center of Florence.
Summer is coming soon and the weather is just perfect to enjoy a signature Spritz Champagne or one of our Dolce Vita Cocktails.
We hope you will have the chance to come back again. The perfect seasons are Spring and Autumn, where the days are still long, sunset time still after 19:00 and the temperature goes from 21-22°C to 35°C, way much dryer than our humid Summer in Tuscany!
Thank you again for your review.
With our warmest regards,
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

We have just returned from our stay at the Contunentale. Overall I'd say it's a nice hotel. I'm not one for writing bad reviews and thought I'd just share my experience, the good bits and the not so great.

Overall, I have nothing terrible to say about the hotel but here are my thoughts.

The room: I booked a double, it was supposed to be a romantic trip for me and my fiancé. Upon arrival we go to our room and it's a twin, with two beds pushed together but made up separately. We made do but it wasn't what I booked or indeed paid for.

The decor is nice. It's very clean and contemporary. I wouldn't say it's amazing, white walls and drapes around the bed are pretty but maybe not worth the price tag and on reflection it's not very Italian and I could have been anywhere. Next time I'd book something authenticity Italian I think.

The aircon is almost impossible to turn off, I gave up in the end. It drove me nuts and the room was freezing.

Extras; breakfast isn't included. It's €28 per day (I believe each) which is ridiculous. Don't waste your money, step outside and go to a cafe.

There are no bathrobes. Big no no on my book for an expensive hotel. You get slippers but no robes...which is just silly.

There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Not a massive problem but you do start to question why the room rate is so high considering the facilities provided.

The shower was good....but no bath.

Cleaning staff were fab and the room was spotless.

Staff were pleasant enough but I didn't get the impression they took anything too seriously. We asked for restaurant recommendations one evening and the place they sent us was awful. We are foodies and this place was just plain awful, worst food we had all our trip.

The location is fantastic. Can't fault that at all.

Overall, if you like very modern rooms (and don't want to feel like your in a historic town) then you'll love this place. Make sure if you want a double you get one (I should have complained at the time but I was too tired after a long trip).

I wouldn't go back again but just because I don't think it was anything special once you get over the decor. It's a personal thing and if you love that sort of thing you would love this.....just bring your own bathrobe and a jumper for when you can't turn the AC off :)

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sarabunny,

thank you for sharing with us a very detailed report of your last stay ay Continentale.
While thanking you for giving us some constructive feedback to work with, we are at the same time disappointed that unfortunately you could not consider our hotel as a spot to come back in town.
Some of your points were pretty specific and there were challenges that were fixed (i.e. the bed, etc), in some others we would like to invite you to be more specific to help our team and also other travelers: which restaurant they suggested you that you could not enjoy?
If you may kindly contact us back and have the pleasure to review all your points it would be lovely as well to see if we can make you change your opinion of Continentale or guide you through another Lungarno Collection property that best fits you expectations.
Looking forward to hear back from you,

we wish you a pleasant day and take this chance to wish you a Happy Easter
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

The hotel has a great location and it is very modern and clean. The staff is very helpful as well. BUT: we couldnt sleep none of the 3 nights becouse of a TERRIBLE noise coming out from the AC duct. We called the first night and they said they will look into it and told us it was the AC and it was fixed. NO IT WAS NOT! Again we didnt sleep! (there is not a location or a perfect service that will make it up for NOT sleeping during vacation). On the other hand, my card was USED AND HAD TO BE LOCKED FOR ORDERES MADE ABOVE $3000!!! This was after it was used for this hotel and only there!!! THEY ARE A FRAUD! I would never stay or recommend it. If you do: MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT! Now I donthave a card until I get back from my vacation!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this review, March 23, 2015
Dear Juliette,

while thanking you for sharing you opinion with us we would like to share our sorrow in acknowledging that you could not fully live the Lungarno Collection experience you were expecting.
The fancoil in the room may be silent or noisy but based solely on a subjective perception. Indeed our team did send our Engineering team, but it was technically working and functioning.
We truly hope you may have the chance to come back here once again. Running full occupancy did not give us the chance to move you to another room, yet It will be our commitment and pleasure to offer you a different room type that best meets your expectation next time you will come here or in any other sister property.
The Welcome team did not meet you upon check out at all and this is the reason why they asked you via email a confirmation before proceeding to settle all the unsettled charges in the bill.
In the end, we believe that ruining a hotel room by damaging the walls and literally spit on them because it didn't meet your expectation plus leaving without taking the chance to meet upon check out should have been avoided.
We trust the professionalism of our brand ambassadors and believe that each challenge or opportunity should be faced immediately and in a very human and humble way.
I remain at your complete disposal for any other clarification or doubt you may have, while I take this chance to wish you a pleasant continuation.
With our warmest regards
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Continentale? Share your experiences!