“Brilliant all round” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vicolo dell'Oro 6r, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #59 of 461 hotels in Florence
“Brilliant all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on our honeymoon from Australia. A wonderful hotel, very modern with great service. Beautiful rooms looking straight out onto the Ponte Vecchio. We didn't get to use the rooftop bar but is meant to be incredible. So close to great shopping and restaurants too.

• Stayed September 2013
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for the marvelous review! We hope to see you again soon, hopefully next time getting the chance to experience the rooftop Sky Lounge bar!

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Made a mistake with my dates so arrived a day earlier, so the sister hotel, Gallery Art checked me in to Continentale for a night and it's beautiful!!!!! My wife loved it. Private breakfast, contemporary art all over the hotel. Simply, gorgeous. I'd recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely review! I am very glad to hear my staff was able to quickly and efficiently resolve the problem of arriving a day earlier and that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks again and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back to either of the hotels, Gallery or Continentale, in the near future!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved this place! We stayed across the river at the Lungarno for 3 nights (sister property, also a Ferragamo Hotel) and then moved over here for the remainder of our trip because the Lungarno was booked up. It's sleek, hip, modern and in the best location for getting everywhere. We had a large comfy bed with white gauzy curtains around it. A postcard perfect view of the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio, but noice was not at all a problem with our windows closed. The views however were to die for. It was a river view deluxe room. The bathroom was amazing - separate room for toilet and shower so the mirror did not get all fogged up while hubby took his shower. And it was a really nice, big shower with glass double doors! Two big closets to unpack everything. Did not try breakfast here as we were getting up early to take the train down to Rome for the day. But I highly recommend the Sky Lounge on the roof. Superb ambience and views. Yes, the drinks are expensive and the service is s-l-o-w, as most reviewers have mentioned, but it is Italy after all. Perfect spot for after dinner drinks. Not so much a full-on sunset spot, there is the Piazzale Michelangelo for that, but a very special spot in it's own right. I had read a few reviews that talked about the horrible smell in the hotel and some of the rooms, but we did not have that in our room at all. I would suggest that if you booked this hotel and the room they give you does have the odor, ask immediately to switch. With the exception of one of the male wait staff at the Sky Lounge, we had impeccable service from every other member of the staff there - from restaurant suggestions to re-arranging our car to the airport to just being kind, and helpful. They were all smiles and very sweet. We asked for a wake-up call one morning and one of us most have knocked the phone off the hook. Someone appeared at our door to make sure that we woke up. That is service! I left a pair of earrings on the bedside table upon checkout and did not realize it until we were in our plane preparing to take off. Hubby called, they located them and returned them to me in the states within a few days. Wow, unheard of. I have left things in hotels before and somehow they just magically never found them. Loved the vibe, the room décor, the people, the location, the bathrooms... pretty much everything. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a light filled room with a view of the Arno on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for the incredible, and highly detailed, review! I am so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also glad you were able to experience the Sky Lounge roof-top bar while you were here! My staff and I here in Florence greatly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Italy. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Well located close to shopping and historical sites.

Small rooms but relatively big bathroom.

Overall very satisfied with my experience.

I would stay here again and suggest this hotel if you don't plan on staying in your room that much

Selvazzano dentro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is wonderfully situated, but apparently this is not enough to grant proper revenue, so staff, at least in my case, invented something. I had to pay my breakfast €25 (to give a measure, an excellent pizza and a pint, near to Palazzo Pitti, cost me 8.40€). I booked online and I was quite sure I asked for included breakfast, I must admit no signs of breakfast included in my booking confirmation, still usually when you come to an establishment, staff offers you packages in which breakfast can be selected. In my case, I learnt the hard way in Italy you must ask for "services", as apparently none cares selling them. In any case, €25 for a breakfast is simply insulting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel close to the ponte vechio which was unfortunately noisy at night. I think this will vary according to which rooms you occupy . A great roof bar. Very chic bedrooms and the staff gave my mum a bottle of Prosecco in her room for her birthday which was a nice touch. The breakfasts are good and the chill out room was stunning .

Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very badly run establishment. Entire hotel smells bad, the staff are very very unprofessional and rude. The cleaning services do not clean or provide extra daily towels or toilet tissue. Don't go there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Continentale? Share your experiences!