“Young, Hip, and Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Continentale to your Saves list
Continentale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vicolo dell'Oro 6r, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #58 of 461 hotels in Florence
“Young, Hip, and Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I arrived in Florence and had reservations at the Plaza Lucchesi after 30 minutes of crying because of how dirty and nasty it was I decided to take a walk to find another hotel. I decided I wanted a Ferragamo hotel. After finding out that most of them were booked for the five nights I was in town I went into Continetale and the lovely manager saw how upset I was and offered me two rooms and a great rate with breakfast included. I took the smaller of the two rooms, the Double Room. The hotel is super chic and modern. The elevator with the cool couch is the coolest thing ever. My room was HUGE with colorful lighting and a huge walk in closet. The bed was super clean and comfy with a real fun canopy. The bathroom was very clean, beautiful, and modern with beautiful wood details and Ferragamo toiletries. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. My only complaint was no Wi-fi in the rooms only on the breakfast floor was there wi-fi. In the room the only way to get internet was with a cable and I had only brought my Ipad. The location can't be beat right in front of Ponte Vecchio, walking distance to everything. Definitely will stay here again. I felt like a true fashionista!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Very friendly and excellent service -- The front desk was super helpful and friendly. When I arrived, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk person who knew my name without me telling him. This shows that he pays attention to the arrival list each day.

The location was excellent -- The hotel is super close to all the nice shops in Florence. Everything is just a few minutes away! The hotel was not too far away from all the tourist attractions either, about 10-15 mins away from the Duomo and the market.

Very chic -- The hotel room had a very minimalistic feel to it, but yet, very chic. Our room was right next to the very stylish roof top patio and we had a wonderful view of the canal.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Welsh Borders, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This small, stylish hotel is part of the Lungarno Collection of the Ferragamo fashion empire, and reflects its style. We had room 104, spacious, comfortable and with a view to the river and the Ponte Vecchio. The bed could easily have slept six and the variety of easy chairs was super-comfortable. Lighting was excellent for all purposes. Some silly design features include a lack of anywhere to hang a wet raincoat, and a wash-basin that has difficulty in flushing away the solids that evolve from cleaning your teeth and shaving.
The reception and other staff were all cheerful and helpful. We had two excellent restaurant suggestions, and bitterly regretted the one occasion when we chose to use our own judgement (see restaurant reviews).
Breakfast was taken in the Art Hotel across the road. It would have been stupidly expensive at 25 euro, but if you agree to have it as part of your rate, it becomes a reasonable 13 euro per person.
You need to know that Florence has a problem with sewers and the smell in some areas is unpleasant. While we were there, one of these areas was around the elevator lobby of the hotel. If it had penetrated to the room, we would have left. This is not a reason to avoid the hotel, but knowing about it could save you from wondering if the person next to you has had an embarrassing accident. That's one downside of the location. The other is the traffic noise that the soundproofed windows don't quite manage to eliminate.

Room Tip: De-luxe rooms are spacious, with river view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff was professional and friendly, incredibly helpful and the whole experieence was fantastic. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed January 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

While staying in Tuscany for a week (during time share stay) we decided to stay in Florence (about 1/2 hours drive) and stay at this hotel, which we loved for it's modern designer vibe.

We stayed in one of their highest priced rooms overlooking the Ponte Vecchio and the Arno, surrounded on 2 sides (of a large room) with light weight white curtains and a bed completely surrounded with the same making us feel as though we were floating in a cloud of white. The effect was lovely and soothing (maybe a tad honeymoonish, but I loved it). The room also boasts some custom made pieces that as a designer I appreciated: like the clock faces made into bedside tables and a desk made to look like an old fashioned trunk popular in the 1920's. The bathroom was equally modern and cool leaving a wonderful lasting impression overall that made me wish we could have stayed much longer.

Add a fireplace downstairs that on a winters day was greatly appreciated and a welcome morning breakfast in another nice space, and I was very impressed and think you will be too.

Please note: you cannot drive to this hotel. You must park your car in a Public lot that charges 30-35 euro a day and walk a short distance (over the Ponte Vecchio for us) to it.

For a really nice dinner or lunch: we were directed to Golden View restaurant (Via de' Bardi, 58/r 50125 Florence, Italy 055 214502) which has live American jazz as wonderful a bonus (and great interiors) overlooking the Arno, where you don't want to forget to make a reservation through the hotel or in call yourself to get one of the best tables.

Room Tip: Bring your best walking shoes for the cobbled streets and a down jacket during winter time. Make res...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here for a friend's wedding last year (taking place on the beautiful sky bar roof terrace). This is an absolutely gorgeous hotel, that has a luxury boutique feel, in a fantastic location (literally right next door to the Ponte Vecchio).

I absolutely fell in love with the way the room was decorated. Very modern and chic, lots of clever design features like the automatic window blinds and invisible wardrobes, and loads of charming details (loved the clock face bedside cabinets).

Overall the room was a good size - perfectly fine for a couple. It was spotlessly clean and was a real pleasure to come home to each night. The bed was probably one of the comfiest I've ever slept in!

Service was great - the guy who checked us in first was a little bit surly, but he must've just been having a bad day as everybody else couldn't do enough to help us. It was my partner's birthday during the trip and the staff arranged for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to our room. We were completely overwhelmed by such a thoughtful gesture.

The Continentale really does have it all: you couldn't ask for a better hotel in a better location. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Just spent a long weekend over New Year at the Continentale, our fifth visit to Florence. Quite simply the hotel is the best! The location couldn't be more central only metres from the Ponte Vecchio (we even had a balcony looking over the bridge). The design is modern chic, beautifully done but without making you feel uncomfortable. The service is friendly helpful and attentive. The roof-top bar is a very special feature with views to die for. We all had a wonderful start to 2012 with special thanks to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Continentale? Share your experiences!