“Great Location.!!!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Dei Banchi 2, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #185 of 461 Hotels in Florence
“Great Location.!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Perfect location, near the train station (Walking Distance), near main attractions, live and safe area, we really enjoyed our stay there, the staff is helpful, breakfast accepted, didnt use any means of transport to move through the city, large room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Paris for four nights. Hotel is in a great area with a lot of activity. We could see many sights from our room. Staff was fine and so was breakfast. Wifi had to be paid for (despite what we were told). Walked straight from train station (we came from Rome and had luggage). Location couldn't be any better. Hotel is old (has quite a history) but that added to it's charm. Not fancy but large rooms and area couldn't be any better.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in July. The location is great. We came by train(Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station) and it took us 5 min to reach the hotel on foot. We didn't use any transport to move about the city. You can walk to historic center of Florence and all places of interest.
Tourist bus stop is near the railway station.
Wi-fi - we paid 8 eu for 24 hr, one day it didn't work. Our room was large enough. The window looked out into the yard. It was very quiet to sleep. The beds were a bit narrow in comparison with standard size. The furniture was old and nice. Shower was Ok and hairdryer was great(even if you have fine long hair). Breakfast was delicious.
It was not easy to find our room because of many stairs, corridors, turns in the hotel. But we liked it, a little romantic. However more pointers to the rooms would not be superfluous here.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We recommend this hotel for few days in Florence.

Mount Tamborine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband, youngest daughter and I stayed here for four nights this month. The hotel is brilliantly located, especially if using the train and was richly decorated and so old. Our room( 547) was huge! And palatial indeed! Very well appointed and the hotel was a real feast for the eyes with their furnishings, frescoes etc. I have to say I thought the beds were very uncomfortable and although I was expecting firm beds ( de riguer all over Italy) I actually had to put the spare blankets underneath me on the bed so that I was able to sleep. I also had difficulties with Internet. I understand it goes down but we had to pay in 24 hr blocks of time ( not usage) so it was not good value for money. Having said that, the service was great, staff helpful and breakfasts delicious and substantial.

Beirut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just terrible! No wifi access in the rooms! Its not clean! Its a very old building with no facilities! Horrible staff! U can hear ur neighboors in the other rooms! When i was in this hotel it was raining. And water was invading our room!!! Horrible!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I gave a chance to this one since I read about the good and tricky points.

I'll go straight to the point:
The air conditioning was not working and it was really hot in Florence. I asked the reception about it and I was told that the technician would fix it in the end of the day. Got back in my room and it was like a steam room. I called the reception and in a rude way the front attendant told me "you can go find another hotel if you like, because the A/C will be fixed only next week". It was almost midnight; I was tired and immediately got frustrated about the hotel.

In the morning, I request to change de room and the young attendant, more polite than the previous said he will check if it would be possible. I was in the third floor, which seemed to be warmer than the other floor below. I got in the reception again in the afternoon to check if will be possible to change the room. It was denied (politely) and he said that maybe he would provide me a fan to help me out with the heat. It helped…the fan was old and noisy, but saved my nights.

In the end, I knew that the A/C will not be fixed at all. It does not seem to be any effort to get it fixed as in Florence is not warm for long time/ weeks.

My suggestion: If possible, get another hotel in the area (there are many). Mainly if you have large luggages, old folks (because of stairs) and it is hot.

Room Tip: Third floor is very hot. If air cond is not working ask for a fan. Internet is paid and bad in 3rd f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Crown Point, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You pay for what you get here...I didn't even sleep using the blankets on the bed, I was too scared. I showered with flip flops on in the bathroom as there was mold spots on the shower corners. The room was small but as expected in Europe. The breakfast was good. We had to pay 8 euro for the "free wifi" they advertise because it is only for those who book directly through their site. The concierge said they exchange money so we did one morning. they gave us the rate at the time ut charged for the service another 5 euro! The good thing about this hotel was the location, we walked everywhere and actually loved Florence. We tried to stay out of the hotel as much as possible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MACFIRENZE, Direttore at Paris Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guests,
we regret that your stay at our hotel was not satisfying for you:
all the rooms are very different, there some very large and other ones smaller.
Periodically we check and remove the mold spots, due to the humidity, in all the bathrooms.
Free Wi-Fi connection is advertised only on our official website as incentive for a direct booking.
Money exchange tariffs are inclusive of service, a commission fee is applied only for travelers' cheques change as requested from the bank.
Thanking you for your review, we hope you will decide in the future to try again our hotel Paris.
The Management

Been to Paris Hotel? Share your experiences!