“Splendor under the Duomo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

You added Hotel Brunelleschi to your Saves list
Hotel Brunelleschi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Santa Elisabetta 3 | Via De Calzaioli, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Splendor under the Duomo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is surely one of the best, if not THE best, hotel in Florence. Perfectly situated, it sits in a small, quiet square a short distance from both the Duomo and Piazza Della Signoria. The hotel is beautifully decorated, and the suites in the tower – Florence’s oldest standing building, have amazing views of the Duomo’s roof and dome. The hotel’s first floor restaurant definitely deserves a place among the thousands of incredible restaurants in Florence. What truly stands the Hotel Brunelleschi apart from all others is the impeccable service. All staff were friendly, very responsive to customer questions and problems, attentive yet unobtrusive, and extremely knowledgeable, especially about where to eat. Their restaurant recommendations were bang on target. We’d particularly like to commend the Front Desk staff, including Paulus, Aline, and Antonella, who truly catapulted this visit from wonderful to memorable. I don’t usually speak in superlatives, but there are no other words to use for this hotel.

Room Tip: If the Tower Suite is available I highly recommend it. The views are stupendous and the room is ama...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were given a room on the south side of the hotel, it was very noisy as the street is pedestrian. With a big smile the hotel upgraded us to a huge room with a view of the Duomo on the north side. The bathroom was the size of a bedroom with a huge walk-in wet room.
The location is smack in the middle of everything. We came by car, and could not find out how to get to the hotel, which is in a pedestrian area. So we called them, they sent out a doorman, who guided us and then they valet parked the car!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north end are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This will be the hotel I will stay in whenever I am lucky enough to return to Florence. It was an enjoyable experience from our entry to our departure. The staff is attentive attractive and friendly. The rooms are clean and beautiful. The breakfast is delicious. All this and the location couldn't be better. It is a short walk to the main piazza and Duomo yet the hotel is completely sheltered from the noise and crowds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Brunelleschi is fantastically positioned, you really can't get much better. The staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping were particularly good, our room was always immaculate within about 15 mins of us leaving. Breakfast was fine, it had everything you need. The hotel was clean and decor modern. We really liked the bicycle service they offer, you can rent a bike from the hotel for ?15 which you have use of for 24 hours. My only comment would be if your thinking of upgrading it may be worth it as the standard room was smaller than I expected. Overall if your looking for a well kept hotel with a central position this one is great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The history of the hotel as a women's prison should have put me off, but I found some irony in it as I was staying at the hotel with my new husband on our honeymoon! Our taxi driver told us it was the best hotel in Florence and as we emerged out of what seemed like an alleyway into Piazza Santa Elizabthea we were awestruck at the sympathetic way a perfectly equipped modern hotel had been built around a Bezentine tower. The greeting at reception was exceptional and the room luxurious (for a city-centre room). The location in the heart of everything Florence has to offer cannot be rivalled, not with the quality on offer. The restaurants offer something for every budget from traditional Tuscan menus and the ice-cream is a must! We returned for our first honeymoon this year and were pleased to see nothing had changed. The staff (many of whom were recognisable from the year previous) continued to deliver high levels of customer service and the quality of accommodation had not changed. We will return for our second anniversary for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

First, the hotel: beautiful. Better than it looked on the website, which is unusual. Good sized room, lovely clean bathroom, tea and coffee, huge tv, excellent cleaning and turn down service, and great air conditioning. The staff were very courteous and polite. Breakfast was much better than I've seen elsewhere in Italy, and I enjoyed taking my time over it with coffee, prosecco and pages from an English paper provided by the hotel.
Unfortunately there was a hiccup when I arrived, when I was taken on one side and told there had been a problem with my booking, which had been lost. Would I mind going to another hotel? I wasn't entirely surprised as I had read on trip advisor that this had happened to other travellers. I replied that no, I would not be happy to do this, and was quite genuinely upset. I guess I was lucky as I'd arrived early in the day (4pm) and the hotel accomodated me and fixed their problem another way. As I left, two days later, the duty manager sought me out and came and apologised again, which was nice.
It's an amazing hotel and the moment the problem was fixed I had a great experience. I think it would be well worth the management trying to fix this 'recurring' problem because it is not a true reflection on the general standard.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th (top) floor which was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the Hotel Brunelleschi and had an unforgettable experience. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with the highest level of customer service by their friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. The rooms and facilities are spotless and extremely comfortable. The architecture is a perfect blend between old world charm and modern design. It is located in the heart of Florence, leaving everything in a convenient walking distance, while giving you the utmost privacy with its hidden entrance. The hotel's dining/lounge facilities are first rate with highly experienced staff and amazing food! We would return again just to eat if we couldn't stay the night. Their outdoor dining area is set perfectly in a quiet courtyard providing a wonderful ambiance for dining, while Florence's action is just around the corner. We cannot say enough about this hotel overall - an incredibly positive experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Brunelleschi? Share your experiences!