“Fabulous Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

You added Hotel Brunelleschi to your Saves list
Hotel Brunelleschi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Santa Elisabetta 3 | Via De Calzaioli, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fabulous Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I just got home from a whirlwind trip through Italy. Of the 5 hotels that we stayed at Hotel Brunelleschi was far and away the best. First off, the rooms are beautifully decorated in a very spa/relaxing decor. And the room was huge, probably twice the size of any other place we stayed. This was the only hotel we stayed where both my husband and I could be in the bathroom at the same time because it was so spacious! The beds were extremely comfortable which is always nice after a long day of being a tourist. The hotel is in a great location. The staff was very helpful... very willing to help make dinner reservations, give directions, call us a taxi, whatever our need was. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again if ever I am lucky enough to find myself in Florence again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Was recommended this hotel by a friend that had stayed a few years ago. Overall it was a great experience. The cost was a little on the higher side but the location was great, practically across the street from Duomo. Rooms were a very good size, with hardwood floors, high ceilings and appeared to be remodeled recently, including the bathroom. Our room had huge windows that opened up right on one of the main streets through the city so you could open and hear the life around you but if you closed them it was actually very quiet in our room. We didn't eat at the restaurant except for the breakfast that was included in our room charge. Probably one of the better breakfast buffets we had during our stay in Italy. No matter who was on duty as concierge they were always extremely helpful and gladly took care of dinner reservations. They gave us a recommendation (Natalino) that was possibly our favorite meal in Florence. They also assisted in getting reservations/passes to the Uffizi and Accademia prior to our arrival. . If you get a chance, have a drink at the bar. There's a very friendly bartendar, (Alex?) that was extremely eager to please whether that was making a drink recommendation or serving as your photographer. We would definitely stay again.

south shields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

we recently stayed at this hotel. It was in an excellent location and our room was perfect and cleaned everyday. There was plenty choice for breakfast and I found the staff very friendly. The bar man called Alex made our stay even more memorable and we always finished off our nights with a drink and chat with him. He was so much fun.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Brunelleschi immensely. It is in my opinion the best situated hotel in Florence.Right in the midle of everything and at the same time "secluded" on tiny Pzza Elisabetha. The reception is very friendly and helpful and the concierge managed to get us excellent tickets for AIDA conducted by Zubin Mehta; the performance was part of Florence annual May music festival. From the time of check-in until check-out we could walk to everything we had planned. City tourism and home buying has three things in common: Location, location and location! A tip for visitors to Florence: Purchase your tickets for museums and gardens on the internet before travelling. It will save you hours of agony.

Beverly Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Girl at the front desk says "We have upgraded you to a Classic Executive room" which I learn later is doublespeak for "We have given you the room next to the extremely loud elevator that runs all day and night and also, by the way, there is a bunch of construction and loud men yelling and clanging starting at 7am daily" room.

I would have said something but we were so tired from our travels and had already unpacked before realizing the elevator noise.

So that about sums that up. Oh wait. The shower. I am 5'4" and 108 lbs. When I tried to lift my arms to say brush my teeth or use the soap, my elbows hit the walls. I would have taken a picture but of course that would be in appropriate. There is no way on earth anyone any bigger than myself could fit in that shower stall to take a shower. Women, maybe you can use the bidet to shave your legs because I don't know how else you plan on doing this?

The room itself has clearly been renovated recently and it was very clean and nice, albeit tiny compared to other rooms I stayed in, but if you're going to spend money on renovation, you might want to consider soundproofing.

Another thing that bothered me is that we had a lot of laundry to do. We like to do our laundry on european vacations so that we can pack light instead of bringing a bunch of luggage. We had to ask the front desk guy FIVE times where a self-service laundromat was as he just kept telling us to fill out the form in the room for hotel laundry service. It was bizarre. We kept asking and saying "self service" and he kept saying "yes, fill out the form and you will have it by 9pm tomorrow night". So, by our calculations, starting at 3 euro per piece of underwear, it would have been about 300 euro to do all of our laundry and we would have to wait for 36 hours?

OR we walked 2 blocks, did our laundry for 7 euro in 1.5 hours, and went on about our day in fresh, clean clothing.

My recommendation to hotel management is to train your staff to treat customers as they would like to be treated, rather than trying to nickle and dime every single penny out of their pocket. I guarantee a front desk clerk could not afford to spend 300 euro to do their laundry, so why insist on that direction?

Also, had to walk around a hallway and go up one elevator, then carry luggage up 5 steps and take a second elevator. One day, the elevator was out of service and we couldn't figure out how to get to our room.

Oh and Internet is a ludicrous 18 euro per day so when you're doing your laundry around the corner, there is an internet cafe next door.

TWO PROS: I do give credit where credit is due. The concierge, while a bit stern and no-nonsense, made reservations for us at 2 places and was quick about it. I appreciated her service.

Breakfast was included in our rate and the buffet was a pretty good spread. They had lots of healthy options and they even had soy milk. The waitstaff were all very nice and courteous and they really made our morning get off to a great start. They'll even make you a cappuccino since, in their own words, "you don't want to drink the stuff" from the coffee warmers on the buffet table.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Loved this hotel, the decor in the rooms is amazing, very stylish and contemporary. There was some building work being done but not too bad. Breakfasts also very good and recpetion staff very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

The hotel is old and dirty ,We were awakened by noises in the morning that began at 6 am.
The breakfast was poor and the food of poor quality.I think this hotel needs a new management!!!!
The city is beautiful, we went to dinner at the restaurant Beccofino, near the historic center. the food was delicious and the service very professional.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Sirs,
I have had the opportunity to learn about your comment on Tripadvisor which had my best attention. The Hotel is just a few weeks away from being fully refurbished with just a few weeks before the scheduled finished, at the end of May. This being the case, all 95 rooms in the Hotel are BRAND NEW, with work now only taking place on the periphery of the Hotel, starting at 10:00am and finishing at 5:00pm; for these reasons I would like to better understand which noises your heard at 06:00 am. In terms of the problems with the breakfast, we have all of our customers fill out a client satisfaction form, in which we have never had complaints regarding the service of breakfast in the hotel, either in the comment in Tripadvisor. For the above mentioned reasons I am kindly asking You to give me more detailed information about Your experience with our breakfast.
I always remain at Your full disposal for any further information or need You may have and hope to welcoming You back in Florence soon.

Best regards,

Claudio Catani - General Manager

Been to Hotel Brunelleschi? Share your experiences!