“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de La Ville

Save Saved
You added Hotel de La Ville to your Saves list
Hotel de La Ville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Antinori 1 (Via Tornabuoni), 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #43 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Hartford
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

No use looking any further as the Hotel de La Ville is everything you want and need in this historic city. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is extremely friendly and the location couldn't be any better. Breakfast is included daily and is set up and served by professionals. My only concern is that we were there during a heat wave and the air-conditioning could have been a bit cooler but the front office worked hard to rectify the situation. This is a first class hotel on one of the most beautiful streets in all of Florence. No more than a 10 minute walk to anywhere you want to go. Can't wait to return...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

first of all thanks for choosing our hotel for your stay in Florence and further for your very nice and precious comments shared on the Tripadvisor community.

We are glad for your full appreciation of our hotel and services and for defining the Hotel de La Ville a first class hotel.

We are delighted to be your hotel of choice in Florence, and look forward to offering you a very warm welcome on your next visit.

Hotel De La Ville - Firenze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and De La Ville was the last stop of our 17 day honeymoon in Italy. We were so pleased with the hotel. The room was beautiful and probably the largest of all hotels we stayed in. The street was a beautiful sight at night. It was like staying on 5th avenue in NYC...all high end stores at your doorstep...Prada, Gucci, Luis Viutton. Fun for window shopping if you can't afford :) The location of the hotel was fantastic. We were able to walk to all of the major sight seeing areas...Accademia, Duomo, Uffizi Gallery all within walking distance. We loved the hotel all in all, the only complaint would be that the concierge tried to be helpful, but we were given wrong information more than once when asking questions and had to find out later, which we were not happy about. Oh and when we called for room service one night, the guy over the phone says, "I'm too busy at the bar tonight, sorry no room service." Hmmm...in a big hotel that charges a pretty penny, I would assume they would have someone else besides the bartender downstairs working room service. Odd and also annoying to have to go down to the bar to order a sandwich at like 12AM. Bartender also not very friendly. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and we would recommend.

Dear Madam,

I am truly pleased to hear that you and your husband have had a wonderful stay at the Hotel De La Ville; we thank you a lot for staying at our in Hotel in occasion of your honeymoon trip.

We have really appreciated your five stars review that you shared on the Tripadvisor community; the best advertisement for our hotel and the best recognition of our daily efforts to make our guests`stay as much enjoyable as possible.

At the same time we apologize for the inefficiency – actually not usual – about the room service; we will take, for sure, into consideration your remark to avoid in the future any kind of outage regarding this important service.

Many thanks for recommending our hotel to the other travelers and we look forward to welcoming you as our special guests in your next visit.

Best regards from Florence

Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hotel de la ville is a well located hotel in one of the top luxury shopping streets. The rooms are wide and pleasant but it is definitely not a child-friendly hotel and a bit too strict if you are traveling with family and friends.
We were a large group of friends and family and at breakfast we were not allowed to join table to sit all together which I think it was ridiculous, specially that we were not disturbing any passage.
We arranged the room in a way to be safe for our baby daughter to move around and sleep (moved the tables with edges to the corner) but we also got the objection of the management and only after a discussion that they accepted to keep the arrangement as is.
Amenity in the bathroom were a bit limited.
The cleaning of the room on daily basis was very average (empty Vap tablet were left without being replaced...)

Room Tip: rooms 502, 302... are with a view to a nice church but not the calmest. Teh calm rooms are facing a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all let me say that it has been really a pleasure to have you and your family as our special guests for a such unique and happy occasion.

We are sorry for reading your remarks and for your next visit consider that we are always available for any kind of needs upon a direct request to our staff; the maître at the breakfast room to set the best possible placement and the housekeeper to arrange the room upon your desire and within the possibility of the house. The same housekeeper guarantees the daily cleaning of the rooms in an appropriate way making this aspect surely one of our strong points .
Thanks for choosing the Hotel De La Ville and for sharing your experience with the precious Tripadvisor community.

We look forward to welcoming you again in a next future.

Kind regards

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went on vacation with my husband. We wanted to have a good hotel in a great location. We found an awesome hotel in a great location. This is a hidden gem. Beds are very comfortable, we did buy a junior suite since we were in town 4 days. Very nice breakfast buffet each morning. Hit the happy hour a few times and loved our bartender. Next to the high end shopping and on a pedestrian street. I would give this hotel 5 stars. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Buy the upgraded junior suite. Loved the extra space and oversized bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so thrilled that you think the Hotel De La Ville is just great; actually we are very centrally located on a quiet and ancient square in the hearth of Florence and we are so pleased that you have appreciated so much the comfort of our rooms and our nice and generous breakfast.
We have no words that can express our happyness for reading such a wonderful review and for receiving the fifth star from you.
Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback with us and with the precious Tripadvisor community.

I do hope that you will return on a future visit when you are next in Florence and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Ny, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

While in between work meetings I had some time to spend in Florence, and based on the reviews on here, I booked a single room on hotels.com for about 225 euro a night.
The hotel is in a great location, and a plus is that it is on a street where there are no cars, so I think it makes it a little more quiet in that area. There is a beautiful church across from the hotel, and you can go inside and look around.
My room itself was super small. Being a New Yorker, it didn't bother me, plus I didn't spend a lot of time in there. But it was clean and I felt safe staying there since I was by myself. Also, the water pressure in the shower was good. Something I value!
The staff was great, especially the concierge, Barbara. I asked her to arrange for me a private bike tour of the city, and she called a few people and made it happen. Plus, she picked a good bike guide for me, Keira, and I had a great time and I felt it was money well spent.
They have a nice happy hour and a great breakfast at the hotel, so that was very convenient.
The only drawback is the walls are so thin. I could hear the guy in the bathroom next to me, and I heard everything in the hallway, including the staff running up and down and cleaning the rooms. That was kind of annoying, but maybe it was the size and location of the room. I have stayed in a few hotels in Italy, and I feel like thin walls are kind of the norm.
In summary, should my travels bring me back to Florence, I would stay here again. I hope this was helpful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words following your stay at the Hotel De La Ville.
I must also thank you for your nice lines about our team and our services with a special thanks to our Barbara.
We especially appreciated your nice remarks about our quiet pedestrian and historical location and about our "great breakfast" and nice happy hour at the bar.
Thanks a lot for recommending our hotel to others travellers and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel De La Ville for a second stay.

Our kindest regards

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very nice hotel - very well positioned to everything in Florence. It's close to great restaurants, shopping, etc. The rooms were incredibly nice, and the staff was wonderful. The only thing I have to say is that the shower is a bit strange, by which when one does shower, the water runs all over the floor. My husband and I tried to fix it MANY times, to no avail. It's because there's not complete glass around the shower. HOWEVER - I will definitely stay here again. The staff was incredibly friendly, very helpful in regard to great restaurants to go to, and what to go see. 5 stars!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the junior suite, and the view was stunning!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guests,

it has been a pleasure to read your very nice review about your stay at our Hotel and thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor community, the best word of mouth we could have.

We are pleased that you liked so much our location, actually in the heart of Florence, our nice and spacious rooms and the friendly and professional service of our staff.

Regarding your remark about the shower, actually we have rooms with bathtube which can be used also as shower partly rounded by a glass and other rooms with a shower stall completely closed by glasses.

Many thanks for the fifth star and we hope to see you again in a next future!

Our warmest regards

Keswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived around 1 p.m. and the desk person found us a room that was ready - it wasn't the one that was originally reserved for us, but he could see that we really wanted to check in and relax. Amenities from bath products to robe and slippers were top quality. The breakfast was generous. The hotel is located within a few blocks of the Piazza della Duomo yet is very quiet. Wish we had planned to stay longer.

Room Tip: A tad disappointed about the pool. It was outside on the fifth floor and it was heated BUT it was at...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HtlDeLaVille, Front Office Manager at Hotel de La Ville, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guests,

thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Hotel De La Ville.
I was pleased to hear your remark about our attentive concierge and reception service and that you liked our nice and generous breakfast.
We are glad you have really appreciated our top quality bath products.

I look forward to sharing your complimentary review with all the hotel staff and hope to welcome you back soon for a longer stay.

Best Regards

Hotel De La Ville - Firenze

Been to Hotel de La Ville? Share your experiences!