“unpleasant place” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #396 of 463 Hotels in Florence
Moscow
“unpleasant place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I arrived at the hotel with my family and came 4 nights. The room was dirty, under the beds did not wash the floor for over a month. Linens for 4 nights not changed even once. In the bathroom constantly, something fell off; draining the sink did not work, in the soul too. The district was not safe for 3 nights the whole family was awakened by a bloodcurdling scream from the street. In the morning, in front of the hotel were several police cars and ambulances, what happened? I could not know, but the cries and many emergency cars left a lot of discomfort. On 2 day, after breakfast in 30 minutes , I felt bad and I had to resort to doctor. That would normalize my condition and do not spoil the rest of my family. I was very disappointed this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

To be perfectly honest: we knew that this hotel would not be the best in show. It was recommended to us by some friends staying there previously and we decide to book it because of free parking and a good price as compared to hotels in Florence city centre. We have also followed the advice from some other reviewers and asked for a room on the first floor (and got it). What we can say is that the room was clean, the staff friendly and helpful,but everything else was really poor. The whole hotel has a shabby appearance, it is somehow frozen in time in the 80s, including the furniture, curtains (of suspicious cleanliness) and blankets that reminded my husband of his time in the army. The breakfast is the real shame, not worth the 2 star hotel. And this is definitively not a 4 star hotel, under no circumstances. Anyway, we utterly enjoyed our time in Florence and the hotel was not so important. But, it could do with some improvements, especially for the price we paid. In addition, our room had no wi fi due to the fact that it was on the corner...

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the first floor, but try not to be in the room on the corner (108, 109, 110), as...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were there on this Easter break making our first Florence/ Pisa visit. I am glad for your hospitality .wasn't very confident when i was booking this online. the Room is big enough for a family. kids enjoyed lovely big breakfast.
my car was safe even parking in the back of the hotel. will come again and recommend to everyone...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel Nord Florence is a reasonable compromise if like myself your plan is to visit Florence and not spend much time in the hotel. The hotel is well located, at 15min by bus (29/30/35) to St Maria Novella Station (central station), although its hard to find the bus stop from the centre to the hotel and I wouldn't advise to wait there anytime after 22h (its a isolated street and with some strange people around). On the other hand, we book a room for 2 and were given a very large room with one king size bed and 2 single beds. It was very spacious and comfortable. The same can't be said about the bathroom. First, it is very dated (specially the shower curtain) and there was no ventilation, so after a shower there was a strange smell that wouldn't go away. On the other hand, we found the room service efficient and the breakfast very reasonable for the price we paid. The breakfast staff was very efficient, making sure that there was always enough of everything and always greeted us with a smile and letting us know when they were about the close the breakfast buffet. The reception staff well they do there job but there is not extra input or even a smile when we were coming in and out of the hotel. However, they did print us the boarding passages without any problems. I was also very impress with the wifi in this hotel. It was free and excellent I have to say, we could even watch online Tv on our 6 floor room. There is a busy road in front of the hotel so if you have a light sleep that may disturb you, but after our days exploring Tuscany nothing could deter us from a good sleep. Overall, like I said at the begin this hotel is adequate if you are planning to visit Florence on budget and are able to pass through the dated decor and the outside city location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

great value for the price, breakfast included
yet it's a little far from the city center about 25 minutes bus ride, last bus from city center leaves around 12:20 AM
location was a bit inconvenient, but the hotel is really nice
only few front desk staff were nice and helpful

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location of this Hotel is acceptable. It is a short (15 minute odd) bus journey into town, which can be annoying. A cab would cost you 20 Euros. There is a McDonalds and a few pizza places within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Also a LiDL.

The service from the reception was good. They were the only part of this hotel that was 4*. The gentlemen at our desk allowed us to change our rooms 3 times until we were happy. No faults there.

But even in the room we chose, there was a stain on the bed which was UNDER the bedcovers. This must have meant the cleaners overlooked this when cleaning. There are bugs in the bathroom and it's overall appearance (of the bathroom) is quite hideous. It's DEFINITELY not 4*. The internet works with a method of using a username and passcode which is used for each Device, given to you at reception. If it's a smartphone you use, it always logs you out and you have to re-type the code. HIGHLY annoying, my friend had to not use it and Data Roam.

Hotel grounds are nice and the bar area and lobby area look very clean. Some rooms are spacious, I'd say have a look at the rooms before you check-in (to avoid having to move your luggage around all the time).

The price is very cheap. By staying here and no in a closer and more expensive hotel you can save yourself 40-60 Euros a night. For us, this was worth it. Although, next time I think I'd have a look at Hotel Santa Croce (a 2* hotel which is 350 hotels higher up in TA's list of Hotels in Florence, for a similar or cheaper price a night).

Room Tip: Choose room 108. All rooms on the first floor have good (WiFi), the further up you go there is no Wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Munich, Bayern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hello everyone,

I first booked a hotel in city centre, and then chose this one as it was slightly cheaper than the former one. I stayed here for 5 nights, and did not experience any bad thing. I totally accept the 4* rating for this hotel is over-rated; it can be rated as 3* for Europe. Very friendly front-office people (all the three people, Enrico specially).

The lobby is clean and the room I was offered was in first floor (112) was extremely clean too. The air-condition in the room was perfectly working and there was no problem to beat the Tuscan heat. Very close proximity to airport and a bus-stop to go to city centre just a couple blocks away are added bonus.

Breakfast was ok. Fresh fruits could have been included instead of canned fruits. All the 5 days I had my breakfast had the same menu; no cycling of menus for the breakfast. I could not ask for more when the breakfast price was included in the cost of the hotel room.

Wifi was pretty good for me in lobby and in my room as well, probably because of the room being in first floor. I never had interruptions and even saw a few videos in youtube without any buffering problem.

The water in the shower had less pressure, but as far as I know, this is a known problem throughout Florence.

The room was not well sound-proofed. Well, I don't expect a studio quality noiseless room, but when someone drops on the floor above me, or neighbours using the toilets, the sound is loudly audible. On my first day, I left my bathroom door partially open, and half way thru sleep I woke up from sleep thinking a ghost was using my flush, later to know that it was coming from neighbours, this was resolved when the bathroom door was closed.

They sell one way tickets (€1.20) at the reception and will take back the excess if you have any and return you the money, which is a nice sign. They even offered a printout of my flight boarding ticket at no extra cost.

I would have been much happier if they had an electric water kettle in the room, but its ok. Definitely will return here in my next trip to Florence and will recommend to my friends too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business