“Easy, comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Easy, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Definitely the most comfortable bed I've ever had in any hotel! Big, clean, firm, felt great!!!
Spacious room, clean. Well fitted bathroom, clean, everything you need.
Breakfast was included, but cold bacon and cold scrambled eggs don't cut it for me.... why not have someone make them fresh for those who want it? Rest of breakfast is fine, fresh fruit (important!), good rolls and croissants, good cereal selection and very good coffee.
Nice bar though I would suggest they either change the video on the big TV screen, it becomes really boring really quickly, or turn the thing off entirely. It serves no purpose once you've seen the ad for the Starhotels about 50 times in an hour. And because the screen is over the fireplace, you are drawn to look at it....
Reception fine, service fine, good hotel to come and relax in when you're tired from walking through the wonderful city of Florence!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
we desire to thank you for the time you dedicated for us with your kind feedback.
Comments and suggestions of our guests are really appreciated and help us to improve the quality of our services.
Hoping to welcome you here again,
best regards,

Gaetano Gatti - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Manila Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location of the hotel is definitely not central , so don't expect lots of shops , convenience stores or pizzeria nearby. There is however, a bus and a tram station near the hotel , which would be advantageous for local residents who are on a mini vacation. Lobby is small , but it was beautiful . It has subdued lighting , but somehow you could feel the tranquility of the place. The room is quite small for my standards, but expected for European hotels. Yet it is still functional, and provides the basic necessities . And worth mentioning is the nice bathroom, flat screen television and comfortable king sized bed for me and my spouse. Wireless internet is complimentary, and fairly fast enough to catch up with my e-mails and social media networks. Breakfast is served buffet style, more of an upgraded Continental type, and I liked the selection and the taste of the food. Don't expect the staff to lead you to your table or anything so just improvise. The breakfast time could be chaotic when tour groups converge, but I had no issues with it. My group also had dinner at the hotel , and it was just ok. I will try to post photos of my personal experience soon. On a personal note, worth commending are the wait staff during our dinner, the ladies in the front desk who are accommodating , and the porters who volunteered to help with our luggage.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
we are glad to hear that your stay here in our Starhotels Michelangelo was pleasant and measured up with your expectations. We are proud of it and that makes us to do always the best in our job.
We thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and we hope to welcome you once again in Starhotels.

Gaetano Gatti – General Manager
Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here with a Globus Tour. Although this hotel is a way from the centre of Florence, it’s well presented, although the facade may not lead you to believe this. Just watch the step just inside the front door; it’s not as obvious as it should be.
Check in was easy and pretty quick. This is no mean feat when a group of 46 travellers arrive at the same time and everyone wants their luggage and room key. Front desk staff efficient and pleasant and multilingual.
Inside the lobby is spacious, modern but not sterile, it has a welcoming feel. An assortment of reading material is available; books, newspapers, magazines.
Patterned glass panels make an effective divider between the lobby and the bar area. The bar area has stools and comfortable lounges with low tables. The onsite restaurant is clean and comfortable with a reasonable selection of dishes. I opted for homemade breaded tomato soup (just like my Nonna made) and fish for mains. The service from both the bar and the restaurant staff was friendly but efficient. I thought prices were reasonable (about E32.00 from memory).
I had a double room which was spacious (I had come from Rome where I had stayed in a shoebox), clean and well equipped with electronic key, tea & coffee facilities, mini bar, snack bar, safety deposit box, free WiFi (although I didn’t access this), TV, hanging rail with coat hangers (more than the usual 2 or 3), drawers underneath, desk and chair, bedside lamps, a very comfortable bed (1 of 2 good beds I had in my month in Italy) and a choice of pillows. The bathroom was clean and spacious (perhaps recently renovated) and well stocked with toiletries. The towels were soft and fluffy.
There were no views from my room but it didn’t matter to me, I was in Florence. The window had sheer curtains for privacy and another layer of heavy ones that blocked out street lighting.
Breakfast buffet is served is the basement, but its light and bright and one section of the room looks out on a garden. Sometimes the tour groups are moved to a separate room to keep them together. Breakfast is buffet style with lots of variety; cereals, yoghurts, breads, pastries, juices, tea & coffee, fruit both fresh and tinned, cheeses, cooked hot dishes. I found that when I visited there was an adequate supply and replenishment.
Lifts are available, I had no problems with lift noise but that was because my room was at the end of a corridor.
Fitness centre onsite, although I didn’t use these facilities.
Close to the river which is a nice walk into the city centre. Bus close by otherwise.
I was ill during my stay and the staff were very considerate, checking around midday if I was OK (I was travelling solo) and if I needed housekeeping to bring anything to me. This gesture on the hotel’s part was greatly appreciated.
I would definitely stay here again should I be lucky enough to visit Florence again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
wea are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your kind words make us so proud and all of our Staff desire to thank you for this.
Hoping to welcoming you again in Starhotels,

Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is on the very edge of central Florence but a 15-20 minute walk gets you to the Duomo. C3 local bus stops near the hotel and it does get you to the centre after looping around a bit.
Our room was spacious, modern and perfectly clean. The bed was reeeeeeally comfortable.
The bathroom is large enough and well appointed including universal access. However, the hot water in the shower had a mind of its own. It cycled through hot-medium-cold in its own sweet time. Adjusting the knob made no difference. We worked out a strategy... Get wet in medium. Step aside. Soap up. Wait for medium to come back. Step back into water. Repeat until finished.
Breakfast is ok but not good. Coffee was not hot and ran out; 'juice' was fruit juice drink; staff struggled to replenish food.
And dear Starhotel management - you simply must do something about that seweragey smell inside the front door. We were there 3 days and it greeted us every time we went in or out of the hotel. If you can't fix it then at least use some permanent air freshener or incense or do something to mask it.
It's s pity these issues affected our
stay as this hotel could be really good.

• Stayed March 2015
General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Dear Guest,
We really thank you for taking the time to convey your impressions about your recent stay in our hotel and are glad to hear that your experience was pleasant in terms of location, room comfort and cleanness.
Thank you also for sharing with us your comments about breakfast service and technical inconveniences in the shower, we immediately involved both of our Maintenance Dept. and Restaurant Staff in order to fix all the referred items and avoid further problems in the future.
The bad smell at the entrance was temporary caused by some works in progress in the basement, we are sorry about it and confirm that now the problem is completely solved.
Hoping to welcome you again in Starhotels,
best regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Found this place after searching the internet for a few hours.
Very impressed considering the cost and the staff were always very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
The room was lovely and big, clean and well maintained and despite overlooking the road was very quiet.
Breakfast was good with lots of choice to suit all tastes and the bar / lounge area was very comfortable and relaxing.
Only gripe was the water temperature in the shower which was very variable.
Overall really enjoyed the stay and would recommend to anybody.

General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the time spent to convey your views about our hotel.
Meeting guests expectations is our priority and we are very glad to hear that you have appreciated our hotel both in terms of products and services.
We hope to welcome you again in Starhotels Michelangelo in the future,
Kind Regards

Pfaffikon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

Elegance and comfort, convenient location and professional service. That’s what we expect when booking our stay with the Starhotels, a small group of Italian family run hotels originating here, in Florence. Classic design with contemporary touch, spacious yet cosy lobby where you can always find a place for yourself. Catch up on calls, or just relax browsing their selection of travel, art and design books. There is a small bar, and the coffee is really good too.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for the time you spent to convey your views about Starhotels Michelangelo Firenze. It is a great pleasure to hear that your expectations were satisfied. These kind words motivates us to reach our high standards day by day.
Hoping to welcome you very soon in one of our Starhotels,
Kind Regards

Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

We stayed here for one night, as we were to fly out of Firenze. We arrived from Siena to Firenze's train station, took a short taxi ride and arrived at this hotel two hours earlier than check in time. The staff accommodated us as they had an available room-which was a pleasant surprise.
This is a modern hotel, large, with a bar and exercise room. Front desk staff were courteous, multi-lingual, and took time to answer questions about restaurants and sites nearby. A tram was conveniently in front of the hotel and it was a short ride to San Lorenzo marketplace.
Room was very spacious, modern decor, couch, and amenities. The surrounding area was quiet and mostly residential. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words you shared on Starhotels Michelangelo. We are glad to hear that you have appreciated both the quality and the service of the hotel: our priorities. The positive experience you shared make us proud of our property and company.
Thank you for choosing us and hoping to welcome you soon in one of our properties,

Gaetano Gatti

Been to Starhotels Michelangelo? Share your experiences!