“Excellent trip, cant wait to go back.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Art Atelier
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via dell'Amorino, 20, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #114 of 461 hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent trip, cant wait to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

To me the idea of staying in the same hotel more than once is boring however, I would have no reservations about returning to Art Atelier.

Great location moments from the Duomo group and walking distance to everything else.

Large, stylish, quiet room. Super comfy bed. Huge, clean and bright bathroom.

Great value especially for Florence.

Breakfast was fine but we usually missed it as we like to sleep in.

Complimentary tea, coffee and cake available in the breakfast room all day.

Very friendly and efficient staff.

Room Tip: 204 was nice and quite

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently returned to Florence after a couple of years and selected the hotel on the basis of its location and it didn't disappoint in this regard. It is 5 minutes walk from S.M. Novella and less than a minute to the Medici Chapels and the markets of San Lorenzo. Check in was all fine and we were showed to our room which was on the second floor.

Impressions of the room were a little disappointing as while being small (which is normally the case, or has been on most of my trips to Italy) it felt just generally a bit dingy with little in the way of natural light (along with a view of an opposing wall). The carpets and fixtures were definitely in need of some attention and wasn't all that clean.

The service throughout our stay was ambivalent at best and queries were generally poorly handled with staff not being aware of relatively basic tourist information (museum opening days etc.). I happened to show up to breakfast one morning a little later than usual about 20 minutes before they finished and while I was just finishing my coffee one came up to me and said "Bye Bye" which I felt was a little unnecessary in the circumstances.

To my mind, there are definitely better places to stay in Florence within this price range but for the excellent location its certainly an option if others are full.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was a bit classic for our taste but was in a very convenient location - less than 5 minutes away from the train station which was also a hub for all the city's transportation. Even though we thought we wouldn't need to use buses we used a lot of them to get back and forth to different locations. The hotel was clean - wifi didn't work one day ... breakfast was really good ... and the room was very quiet considering that this is a very busy area ... what more do you need !!!

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

They put us on the 100 room, which is located on the 2nd floor. An extra key is needed to open the first door, taking u to a kitchen, and the room is far away from the other rooms. Internet inside the room (and only inside that room) does not work, so we had to be in the lobby to navigate. Bathroom wasn't completely clean, which was the worst part. Location was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
artatelier, Responsabile reception at Hotel Art Atelier, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
room 100 is a new space that our property open only a while ago.
Is like the others nice rooms, same large and fully furnished bedroom, same bathroom with Carrara murble, and have more a private kitchen.
It is true that you need a key to open the door, but usualy this is not a big problem for our guest.
Anyway thank you for your post cause we always try to do better our job.
Best regards.
Giampaolo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am really wondering how ths hotel got any of the positive reviews i read when i booked this waste of money hotel! At 120 euro a night i expect a decent 4 star hotel but everything about this hotel was horrible.
Our train arrived around 11:30 and we went straight to the hotel-i didn't expect an early check in but was surprised when the staff at reception first said that it was not possible to keep our luggage while we went about the city. I was too shocked to even respond. After some silence he said he would work something out.
We came back much later and checked in and were taken to our room-smaller than i am used to (this was my 6th trip to Italy so i do have some comparison credit) but that was ok. There was a walk in shower-no cubicle so the water just goes onto the floor. Normally it is designed in a way that the water flows away quickly. I had a well needed shower after travelling and touring and when i was done there was water everywhere! it was impossible to even use the toilet without flippers for about 10 minutes-ridiculous! My husband had already showered and it was late so i didn't just said i would report it the next morning. The next morning after a 2 minute shower (out of fear of another flood) i reported it and asked for a change of room/repair. Changing the room was not possible but fixing it was. We were out the whole day and unfortunately in the evening i realized again that nothing had been done. We were only booked for 2 nights otherwise i would have checked out there and then!
I am also used to being able to ask for travel advice from the staff. I spoke to 3 different staff members about bookings to see Michaelangelo's David-all 3 were clueless about opening times, reservation procedures-in the end we just woke up really early and stood in queue and waited for it to open. When we got back to the hotel and mentioned that we had already been they didn't even mention having to cancel a reservation-they obviously hadn't even done it.
The cleaning staff was awful! There was no tea in the room so i thought i would try the hot chocolate powder-not fit for human consumption so i left it on the dresser-the next day, after the room had been serviced the cup of hot chocolate was still there and we ad no clean cups. Showergels were not replaced when it was obvious we were using them.
Breakfast was below standard-all the hot foods were cold and food was not being replenished on time.
On check out i mentioned again the shower issue and which point i was told it was probably not attented to because of the holiday (we travelled at easter)-and the fact that we were spending out holiday and money here clearly didn't matter.
I could go on-normally my reviews are much shorter and to the point but this hotel almost ruined my trip to Italy!
ps i tried to rate the hotel 0 but trip-advisor wouldn't let it so i changed it to 1!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sometime is very difficult to replay to this kind of review.
I can only say that we have 135 reviews at this moment, and no one talk about us in this way.
My dream is that all our guest are supersatisfy every day in our Hotel, and all my collegues work hard for reach this point.
But I know from my experience that is impossible to satisfy all the people.
I really hope that your next stay, in other hotel aroun the world will be fantastic for you.
Best regards.

Giampaolo
Los Anglees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Booked this hotel for a two night Florence stay based on other reviews and wasn't disappointed. Conveniently located 3 short blocks from the main rail station. Was easy to find.

Assisted in booking restaraunt reservations before my arrival and handled my late night arrival with ease. Front desk staff polite but all business.

Room was small but bathroom was huge, even by American standards and with all of the ammenities you would expect. Everything clean and well maintained.

One word of caution for those sensitive to perfumes and stong odors you may not be happy with these rooms. They have sented oil bottles and I had to air out the room and leave it in the bathroom. Good closets, wifi, and a gift of chocolates. Included breakfast was nice with a good selection of foods.

Very convenient to all of the main Florence attractions. Stored my bags for 12 hours before I caught my train to Rome. All in all one of my niceest european stays ever. At $100 for a double room for single, was a good value.

Room Tip: I had street side room that was still quite. There is a small terrace on the upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Oneonta, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here in the beginning of March. Being our first trip to Florence, this was in a great location with a lot of things to do right around the hotel as well as close to most attractions. The room we stayed in was very spacious, clean and updated. Breakfast was rather small and lacking variety. Overall, it was a great place to stay and by far the most comfortable room we stayed in during our trip in Italy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Art Atelier? Share your experiences!