HOTEL TORRE DI BELLOSGUARDO
Hello every one of you that is thinking of going to Italy this year. I have really found that magical castle to stay in. Yes, in Florence in Tuscany, or rather looking down at the beautiful city from the top of a hill on its south side.
Torre di Bellosguardo was, and indeed still is, a family villa and the family still live in a house in the grounds and will take the greatest care of you. From this splendid house you can wander down through the olive grove to the Ponte Vecchio, the most famous bridge in the world and across it to the magnificent Uffizi gallery.
If you want to play Kate and William on honeymoon this is your place. The bedrooms are royal in size and luxury with their adjoining idyllic pretty bathrooms. Every bedroom is in a completely different style; maybe because the rooms are all so perfect you should stay at least a week or two and try them all.
The reception rooms are seriously wonderful and from another age, grand, very grand, the furniture is soft and welcoming and the drinks strong.
The garden is big and, apart from stretching all the way to the river Arno, has a large swimming pool and lots of lying around and sun bathing space.
The thing I love best about Bellosguardo is being in a country house with its peace and quiet and only minutes later being in the heart of one of the world’s most perfect cities.
Oh yes, the staff are delightful and if you ask nicely will even book you tickets to the Uffizi so you can avoid all those horrendous queues.
Give yourselves a holiday here. I promise you wont regret it. I can’t wait to go back for my next break.
Maryann Stockwell. London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence