Torre di Bellosguardo is a rare treat. My wife and I have had the good fortune of recharging our batteries at the oasis on the hill above the Porta Romana on many occasions during the last twenty years. Unfortunately, our most recent visit took place after a five-year hiatus. We feared that time and change might have eroded the special charm and ambience that we'd learned to love. Remarkably, the opposite has occurred. The enchanting retreat from the hustle and bustle of Firenze only improves with time. Simple upgrades have been made without having affected the antique charm of the small hotel. There is nothing better than a restorative couple of hours in the sun on the grassy apron of the swimming pool overlooking the Duomo and the historic city with the stillness only broken by distant pealing of church bells. Most recently, our stay ended with a too short conversation with the proprietor, Amerigo Franchetti, who shared family and hotel history and further enhanced our appreciation of the Bellosguardo. He also assured us that birds would return to the aviary and that he would continue to make every effort to preserve those aspects of the hotel that make it truly special. We can't return soon enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence