“So much fun - and I hate cooking!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 320 Activities in Florence
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
Palo Alto
4 attraction reviews
“So much fun - and I hate cooking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We picked Giglio after doing a lot of looking at reviews on trip advisor and getting recommendations from our hotel. What a great choice! We are a family of 4, including my wife, 2 daughters (age 10 and 13) and me - middle-aged husband who hates to cook, but wants to humor his wife and daughters (especially his daughters - but don't tell his wife). We all had a terrific time and learned a great deal. Marcella was friendly, helpful, encouraging and remarkably able to tailor the class to each of our very different abilities. The class was very interactive, and we did all the cooking under Marcella's watchful eye. Even though we arrived late, we still managed to do 4 dishes - pasta with lemon sauce, gnocci, lamb and tiramisu - and enjoy our meal afterwards. The food was delicious. The class was fun. Marcella is stupendous. It was a highlight of our stay in Florence and a nice change from many of the other art-filled activities.

Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
“Oneof those "Can't Miss" experiences!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am about a month late on writing my review, so apologies to Marcela. My wife and I were traveling through Italy this summer, and had 2 days to spend in Florence over the 4th of July. Like most Americans on this holiday, we wanted to cook a great meal and share it with great company. So we did the 3 hour cooking course, where Marcella taught us to make one meal (3 courses). I would recommend this to anyone, even in lieu of a traditional American 4th of July BBQ! Marcella is interesting, genuinely sincere, and kind. Not tomention, she is an excellent chef and teacher! We had so much fun spending the evening with her! Not only did we eat one of our best meals in Italy, but we had an experience we will remember for the rest of our lives. Thanks Marcella!

Visited July 2013
“The most amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am so grateful that I booked this cooking class during my stay in Firenze, it was one of the highlights of my trip. I am just a home cook but I enjoy cooking very much so I signed up for the week long Tuscan Cuisine course. Marcella was absolutely amazing and such a great teacher. I can not believe how much we cooked and how much I learned from her. I loved her classes so much that I joined two more of her classes before I left. I have been cooking so many dishes from her classes now that I am home and just love showing off the skills and recipes that Marcella taught me. I wish I would have signed up for the month long course but I guess that just means I will have to make another trip and do it again. I highly suggest Giglio Cooking! Grazie Marcella!!

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Had THE best month, everyone should go to Giglio Cooking School!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I joined Marcella for the month cooking course, italian cuisine through time and space. This course was incredible I learnt so many new techniques and recipes. The recipes Marcella provides are amazing, they mix between traditional Italian dishes, like ravioli, but with a modern twist, ravioli stuffed with a consumé of broth. Words cannot express how much fun I had, how much I learnt and what a great experience this was. Marcella is the best teacher one could ask for, it does not matter how much experience you have had, Marcella makes you feel so at ease and comfortable in the kitchen, and makes every dish so simple. I learnt so much in the past month, it is unbelievable! I would recommend Giglio cooking school to everyone no matter of age or experience. This month has been one of the best months I have had and it would no way be the same without Marcella. This a definite must do in Florence and I will 100% be back. This review does not justify how incredible the school and Marcella are. Thank you Marcella for everything I have had the best time!

Arroyo Seco, New Mexico
“Top thing to do in Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Marcella is a wonderful cook and teacher and she has a lovely way to make it so much fun! We put together an incredible meal of local dishes and desserts and felt like professional cooks. We had lots of laughs along the way and sat down to a fun and beautiful dinner. This was actually the highlight of our stay in Florence. The class was perfect for someone who is already a knowledgeable cook, but also is ok for a beginner! Wonderful experience! Even our teen girls loved it!