“Great learning, great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 322 Activities in Florence
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
London, United Kingdom
“Great learning, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of learning how to cook some local cuisine courtesy of Giglio cooking. What a brilliant and fun experience. Marcella was lovely and a very good teacher. The resulting food was by far the best we had in Florence during our 4 day stay! Thanks Marcella!

I would definitely recommend this too anyone who likes to cook!

Visited February 2013

5 attraction reviews
“Learning tips and having fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We did a mini vegetable course, so cozy and we both liked it a lot. Francesca is such a nice warm teacher. If I come back again, I will take more courses! Ps, also get some ideas on how an ideal kitchen look like:)

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Cooking with the Family in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A great way for our large family, 6 and 1 boyfriend to cook together. Marcella was very patient even after my 18 year old son, set a kitchen mitt on fire. The food was fabulous. We made Seafood Risotto, Sea Bream with artichokes and a beautiful fruit tart. The location was an easy walk from the Four Seasons hotel.

Visited January 2013
West Bloomfield
4 attraction reviews
“A Memorable Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

After researching cooking classes in and around Florence, we were thrilled to have spent our 25th anniversary with Marcella! Her sweet, patient, informative way of instructing was one of the highlights of our trip. The school is modern and clean. The list of choices is incredible. I told her my husband loves gnocchi and eggplant- she made up an eggplant sauce recipe for our private class. The food was outstanding ... I have taken many cooking classes, am a true "foodie" and can say this was one of our best meals in Italy. I chose Giglio and Marcella because of other posts on Trip Advisor... it is NOT touristy and worth every penny for a wonderful Italian experience.

Visited December 2012
West Sayville, New York
4 attraction reviews
“The Best Thing We Did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was an amazing experience. 2 couples, wives good cooks, husbands real beginners and we all had a fantastic time, learned something, and ate the fruits of our labors. Marcella is an absolute pro, but patient, kind, knowledgeable and flexible. She was able to deal with one dietary restriction we had and still gave us amazing results. We repeated the homemade ravioli for Thanksgiving with three different fillings and our guests were in awe of what we did. (Although, I wouldn't advise doing this for 20 people. It was a bit more labor intensive than is probably reasonable for Thanksgiving given the turkey etc). If you love food, really want to have a first rate culinary experience, take this course with Marcella. Well worth the cost.

Visited October 2012