“Grazie Savoy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Grazie Savoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I arrived here on Friday and leave tomorrow after 3 days and nights. From the moment I checked in, I have been impressed with the remarkable service of this very personal five star hotel. For starters, the location is the best in Florence; right on the Piazza della Repubblica. Everything is a short walk away. My room, a superior deluxe, looks onto the Piazza. Wonderful! The room is extremely spacious with modern minimalistic furnishings. The breakfasts are superb with a wide selection of the usual continental choices, all beautifully displayed. I have been so comfortable here. Above all else, the service is what would bring me back. You are greeted by name from the doorman onwards. Nothing is a problem and everything is done with a smile. I have also tried their sidewalk restaurant. The food was delicious and, once again, the service stood out. For people watching, it is the best place to be. The Savoy is, in my book, highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
seaham county durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Savoy. We enjoyed our first stay so much that we chose to return for our 40th wedding anniversary. This is a really well situated hotel, close to all the sights and also the designer shops! From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were treated like royalty by all members of staff who instantly know your name and room number. Our room was on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel with a great view of the Duomo. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style with a wide range go breads , meats, cheeses , fruits and pastries. Service in the restaurant and the outside terrace is excellent - friendly and efficient. Special thanks must go to Cinzia Zanella , the Guest Relations Manager, who made our anniversary so special and sought us out to ensure that all was well with our stay. The outstanding feature of this hotel is the relationships between staff and guests. Free WiFi would be the icing on the cake.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cinzia Z, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guests,

I thank you for the lovely comments and for sharing your positive experience.
I will make sure to share your kind words with our team!

I would also like to inform you that from the last 1st of November a 2 hours complimentary wi-fi connection is available daily for such activities as checking your emails, doing your airline check-in and simple on line activities. For streaming or activities requiring a higher bandwidth a faster connection and service can be purchased at our regular costs.

I much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence.
My best wishes,

Cinzia Zanella
Guest Relations Manager
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I thought the Savoy was a lovely hotel in a perfect location. My room and bath were wonderful. I thought the food was okay, nothing special. My biggest disappointment was that for the high rates we paid the hotel still charges 20 euro per day for wireless. They had two old computers in the basement that guests could use but this was not adequate for people I was with.
Spectacular outdoor dining on a nice day!

Room Tip: Loved my room with step out balcony overlooking Piazza de Repubblica even though it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent 3 nights in a Deluxe Double room on the top (5th) floor of the hotel, after receiving an upgrade due to my Leading Hotels membership.

Service: 6star. Always polite, with a smile, and always by name. Even when we arrived the first night, by car, the doorman greeted us and asked if it was me... I asked him how did he know, and he said that we were the last booked guests to arrive, so he guested. Everyone was amazing, from the people at the front desk, the concierge (with great tips about the city), the cleaning staff, the waiters at breakfast. I would have given the Hotel overall 4/5, but the service tops 5, so...

Value: We got a double upgrade, from a Classic Double to a Deluxe Double, overlooking, partially, the Duomo Dome and the bell tower. Overall, for the location, the room, the service, I think the value is 4/5.

Sleep Quality: I like King size beds, and our room only had a Queen. I also found the pillows to be too soft. 4/5

Cleanliness: As expected in this sort of Hotel, no issues here. 5/5

Location: Does not get better. Minutes walk from everything, right smack in the middle of the city. Access by car is tricky, but, once there, they take care of it, and parking is about €45 / day with in-out privileges. 5/5

Room: Here I was not impressed. The bathroom is nice, full marble, but not big enough for two. The room is well appointed, but a bit without character. The entertainment system is boring, and offers very basic channels. And the wifi connection had issues, and whenever it worked well, it kept asking for a login all the time. 3,5/5

The gym was nice, on the 6th floor, with a great view of the Duomo and the bell tower.

Breakfast was very good (4/5), with great service, and a nice "cold" spread buffet, but nothing memorable.

Overall, highly recommended, with some issues.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a Duomo view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an elegant hotel, expensive, and very well located on a central square, just around the corner from Piazza della Duomo and within easy walking distance from the Uffizi museum and Ponte Vecchio. The concierge/staff were very helpful and professional. There is a fine restaurant (indoor and outdoor) associated with the hotel. The rooms were reasonably spacious and very clean.

Room Tip: Always ask to see several rooms before choosing. Rooms on the square are noisy at night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The front desk and concierge staff are outstanding. The house cleaning staff are generally efficient. The staff in the restaurant are generally very good but there are a couple of waiters that aren't up to snuff. The real but fixable problems are: 1. the gym is far too small and congested for a hotel of this calibre; and 2. Despite the high rates, they charge for internet, which is silly and off putting.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

As a keen cyclist I visited the hotel with my wife within a package to allow me to ride the 2013 road world cycling route. From start to finish the experience was simply amazing . The hospitality and care the hotel shared with us has not and will probably never be surpassed. The central location is ideal for people wanting to absorb the sights and sounds of the vibrant city. When you leave a hotel how do feel? With the Savoy it was VIP all the way, with the opportunity to ride with some remarkable people!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Savoy? Share your experiences!