“Loved Florence” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 461 Hotels in Florence
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

We stayed at Hotel Casci for 4 days in August 2003. We loved Florence and our stay at Hotel Casci was really comfortable. It is centrally located within walking distance to the museums, the Duomo and restaurants. The staff was really helpful. The evening staff person went out of his way to assist us with details of the bus and train service to Pisa. Breakfast had the homely touch. Though the furniture was pretty old the cleanliness and neatness in the room made it worth the stay. We most definitely recommend Hotel Casci for your stay in Florence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rockford, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

I am beginning to plan my tenth trip to Italy. The last two trips I have stayed at the Casci. And I will certainly stay there again.
I also have recommended it to two groups of friends. Both groups agreed the Casci is a great place to stay.
Location can hardly be topped. The staff is helpful an friendly. The breakfast is very good. The rooms are very clean. And the free Internet access is certainly a plus.

• Stayed May 2004
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

This hotel rating is off the chart for comfort! Be ready tho feel like you are the long lost loved family member. The welcome is very genuine and carring. It brings tears to my eyes to remember how well my children, husband, and I were treated there.
The front desk help is out of this world. They have a large library of tour maps and books just waiting to help you in every way posible. The computer is free to use for the guests.

Due to a miscommunication, (my fault) the young man of casci jumped on his bike and road as fast as he could to catch us at the train station before we left to assure we had our tickets printed off the computer properly. He saved us!!!!! We would have had the wrong computer form printed out.

I whitnessed at this hotel a lifestyle of unselfish giving. One young lad behind the counter happily looked away from his Olimpic teams match to help guests. He never looked at the TV until his guests didn't need him anymore. Never gave anyone the feeling that they were interupting anything even though you could see his love for his team.

The rooms are VERY CLEAN! The linins were very high quality like a 5 star hotel. My children loved this hotel the way they were loved by the staff at casci.

You get far MORE VALUE then you pay for! Memories of true Italian hospitaty. The beds were comfortable. TV good. They poured my wine, answered everyones questions with cheer in his heart. Best hotel experience in my life! And I have stayed many grand places around the world. This is a perfectly cut precious diamond. No rough edges. There was also a sence of protection and privacy. Being a woman and traveling with children I felt assured with the staff at the desk.

The rooms include a small fridge but doesn't get cold only cool.
The bath tub in our room was huge and special. The towels were so huge and nice I truely want to buy some sets.
The only thing you are missing is very rare expensive artwork in the rooms. Its in the hallway. Take a look.
My highest recomendation goes to hotel casci.

• Stayed January 2005
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2004

A friend and I stayed here for 6 nights in August 2004 - it was great. The room was small but very clean. The staff was extremely helpful - including letting us borrow a few of their travel books (from a huge collection) for a day trip excursion. The morning breakfast offered a perfect start to each day. The hotel is centrally located - within walking distance to everything and a taxi to the airport was roughly 20Euro. I'd definitely stay here again. They also offer free internet for you to check your email.

• Stayed August 2004
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2004

I stayed here with my wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law for 4 nights.
The staff are so helpful suggesting restaurants, trips and places to visit. They even called one restaurant a friend had recommended and reserved a table for us.
The location is superb allowing you access to the Duomo and markets a few minutes walk from the front door.
The facilities are fairly basic but at the prices and given the location and superb staff you can't go wrong.
We changed our reservation details a couple of times and nothing was too much trouble, including emailing me details on local parking arrangments.
They helped to make our stay even more fun and memorable. Grazie!

Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2004

My sister and her family from France and I with my daughter separately booked with Casci with previous recommendations from Fodors chat room confirmed with Tripadvisor. Place is easy to find, close walk from train station (5-10 minutes depending), safe location, 2 minutes walk to Duomo, close to all else; offers a lot of help, waited on and spoiled during our stay; air conditioned. Very clean, efficient, friendly, knowledgeable. Will stay here again, and again, and have already recommended to several friends and family.

• Stayed August 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2004

We stayed here with our three kids for three nights. It's perfectly located and has good air-conditioning. The breakfast is a cosy family affair. The room and beds are very comfortable. They are friendly and helpful. They also give good recomendations for places to eat. Really enjoyed "I' Toscana" restaurant nearby. I'd stay there again. You get a better place here than in expensive and pretentious hotels elsewhere. Don't hesitate.

Been to Hotel Casci? Share your experiences!