“Amazing in Every SINGLE WAY!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Lungarno
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Borgo San Jacopo 14, 50125 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #10 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing in Every SINGLE WAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I have to be honest. I can't think of a nicer, more perfect little hotel in Florence. We had a horrible time in Venice and were going to leave to go home early, and then we checked into Hotel Lungarno and our whole trip changed. It was so perfect. The staff is so nice, they all remember your name, they remember your key when you come back without even asking. It is set in the best location to shopping, restaurants, museums. It is right on the water. I promise you there is no better hotel, more beautiful in Florence. Don't choose anything but this hotel you will not regret it. I actually got engaged here because it was so perfect. I spent so much time looking for the perfect location but nothing beats the sunset, on the water, listening to musicians play on the bridge to the right and the gondola coming from the left with the nice breeze off the water. Amazing trip, an even better HOTEL. It is perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for room 103. No better room than that!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear jarrett c,
Thank you so much for your great comments about The Hotel Lungarno and The service you experienced at our property.
I am so glad your stay with us was perfect and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Florence soon!

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Hotel Lungarno Firenze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Excellent location near the ponte Vecchio. Rooms are rather small so get one with a view and balcony. Service is outstanding and the breakfast buffet is amazing. Great selection and very freindly staff. Would definitely reccomend staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Steve C,
It has been a pleasure having you at The Hotel Lungarno, thank you so much for your nice comments about The location and most of all, about The staff and The service you received.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Florence next time you are visiting The area.
Best Regards and thank you again!

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Lungarno Hotel is a chic and elegant hotel in the middle of Florence's downtown; designed by Salvador Ferragamo. The rooms were super comfortable and clean we all slept like babies. They're food is excellent too, a bit pricey, though, but their view of the Ponte Vecchio, which is right next to it, was breathtaking, so we didn't mind prices a lot. Their breakfast is excellent and their service was even better i loved my stay at Lungarno Hotel, best days of my whole trip, thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Tanya S,
Thank you very much for your nice review about The Hotel Lungarno, we are indeed extremely happy you enjoyed your stay in Florence and you had The opportunity to experience some magical moments. Our team remains at your service and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our splendid city again.

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It was clean and the service was exceptional. The front desk went above and beyond to help my mother and I have a wonderful holiday. The rooms were elegant and charming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Florence. Additionally, the hotel was centrally located and was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear JennLynn17,
I am very happy to know you had a memorable experience at The Hotel Lungarno and I am very content The team performed elegantly to your satisfaction. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Florence very soon!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is truly a memorable hotel. Located just next to Ponte Vecchio, on the Arno river banks. We chose a superior room with river view, and we have been given a room on the top floor with a magnificent, breathtaking view over Florence. We're literally mesmerized. We rest on our bed with the magnificent Cupola del Brunelleschi, the Campanile di Giotto and the tower of Palazzo Vecchio dominating the city landscape out of the window. And Ponte Vecchio so close that it seems you can touch it. Truly enchanting, unique. Have been several times to Florence as I was born and raised in Tuscany, but this is as if it was the first time for me, really.

In addition to the landscape, what I do love about this hotel is its refined class. Nothing to do with the big luxury brands, where sometimes luxury is about showing off, but more of a refined personalized boutique. Gentle, charming, elegant. Our room is beautifully decorated with tones of white and blue, and I feel like I've never been in such a beautiful hotel room, even if I've stayed in several luxury hotels around the world. Absolute quiet, too. It's such a unique feeling. It's the feeling I have when I'm not experiencing an industrialized service but rather a tailor made customized craftmenship masterpiece. Something that is just for me. This is Italian style at its best, seduces you with its unmatched refined beauty.

Excellent service, of course, again with a warm touch. Attentive staff, caring to understand your desires and efficient to make them happen.

I don't know what else to say, this hotel has set a new benchmark for me. It's like a dream, I wish my stay was longer, but I'm sure I'll be back to experience this magic atmosphere again.

Room Tip: Rooms with view on the river, if possible at higher floors, will provide you with a unique view over...
Dear dop1971,
Thank you so much for your beautiful words about The Hotel Lungarno and The team!
We are extremely happy you enjoyed throughly your experience with us and that you brought home unforgettables memories.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to Florence next time you'll visit our magnificent city.

Best Regards and thank you !

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had two rooms adjoining to accommodate two children 5 and 12. Staff was so nice to the children and helped us w. some shipping of packages that we had to do mail home. Rooms were so comfortable. location in Florence is amazing, right on the Ponte Vecchio. they have a parking garage. Sitting out on the terraces by the river so cool. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Meg G,
Thank you for staying at The Hotel Lungarno in Florence,
We are very happy to know everything was of your satisfaction and that The team performed well to your liking! Thank you for your nice words and comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Florence next time you'll be around!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

It was our first time in Florence, and we were referred to the Lungarno by friends. We found the hotel to be very elegant and charming (beautiful views of the Arno river and Florence). In addition, the hotel staff could not have been friendlier...they provided recommendations and service that exceeded our expectations! We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Florence and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a wonderful hotel experience while in Florence.

Brett

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FR1974, General Manager at Hotel Lungarno, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Brett P,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about The hotel Lungarno and its team, we are extremely delighted you had an excellent stay with us ; we are all looking forward to welcoming you again to Florence soon!

Hotel Lungarno Firenze

Been to Hotel Lungarno? Share your experiences!