“My stay at the Hotel Lungarno in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Lungarno
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Borgo San Jacopo 14, 50125 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #13 of 461 hotels in Florence
Denver
“My stay at the Hotel Lungarno in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Whether you are a frequent traveler or make an occasional trip, you should never underestimate the importance of lodging. After a hard day doing business or sightseeing in Florence, there is nothing more inviting than the welcoming smiles of the staff at the Lungarno and the soft, white couches in the lobby overlooking the Arno River. Sip a cocktail, grab a magazine and relax--you are home. In fact, time and again during my eight-night stay there in early November, I was made to feel as though I was among family, not hired employees. Each morning I was asked how the previous night's restaurant had been and, if my meal wasn't great, the concierge called the eatery to discuss the problem. At the Lungarno, no guest is sent to a restaurant that is not first-rate. Often, when I thanked anyone for a service, the reply was, "If you are happy, we are happy." As for my room, although I booked in a modest category, I was upgraded gratis to a stunning suite with a terrace overlooking the Arno ( my good fortune was, of course, due to the fact that I was there off-season ). Every detail of the room was superb--very comfortable mattress, silky white linens, spacious closets and excellent, unobtrusive maid service. And, on an evening when I wanted a quiet night at "home," I ate a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant, run by a very creative female chef. Having been a travel writer and restaurant for many years, I have had many experiences with the good, the bad and the ugly, so trust me when I say that if you want your trip to Florence to be special, choose the Lungarno!

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade, availability permitting.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We just recently stayed at Hotel Lungarno and couldn't have been more impressed and pleased with our stay there. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating - we had booked an Arno facing room and were treated to a breathtaking room on the 8th floor! The staff was happy to point out some sights we should see, close pharmacies when one of us was feeling under the weather. The rooms were comfortable and wonderful - felt so at home that it was very tough to leave!! Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Since my experience at ac hotel part of Marriott in florence was so so, I decided to move somewhere in the middle of the town and fancier so that extended stay in Florence could be more enjoyable.
I noticed they pre-upgraded the room to one of their river facing rooms before arrival. My room had two windows ceiling to floor where you can get a nice sized balcony facing the arno river. The sunset was awesome, and the reflection of those building from Middle Ages on the river was really amazing. The bathroom was huge as well. The location was perfect pretty much all the sightseeing spots, restaurants cafe, wine bars shops were walking diatance. All the staff i encountered were very friendly and helpful. A couple of concierge (lorenz and simon) folks gave me very good tips about where to go. Very enjoyable stay and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If that's possible. Amazing hotel
Great staff. Great little balcony room
Upstairs we spent small fortune on.
Felt like we were out of 60,s magazine
And Jackie o about to emerge!
Upscale and friendly!
J restaurant best experience !

Room Tip: Don't go in August if you don't like crowds!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

one of the most romantic hotel not only in Florence but in the world...the front desk staff upgrade us in a suite river view very elegant...when we woken up and we went in the terrace of our room we felt like a prince and princess like a dream.Lorenzo and the other unployment of the front desk made their best to resolve our question....always..

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

You couldn't ask for a better location than the Hotel Lungarno, with the Ponte Veccio to the right and beautiful river views abound. Everything you want to see and do within Florence is a 5-10 minute walk away. The hotel itself is beautiful, with nicely done rooms and a great lobby area for having a drink at the end of a long day. The staff is also very good, and on several occasions relayed messages for me. Lastly, after coming from Rome, I found Lungarno to be a very good value, as well. Definitely a nice choice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at several other hotels in Florence and this is by far my favorite. The concierge is welcoming, friendly, and go above and beyond to make the guests feel at home and comfortable. I also saw them deal with some difficult guests, and they did so in a very professional and calm manner. The atmosphere of the hotel is very cozy, despite what some of the other reviews say the rooms from what I can tell are very well maintained. The restaurant staff greeted me every morning with a bright smile and were extremely attentive to all of the guests. The breakfast is delicious, the buffet offers every option imaginable for any kind of appetite. The location is unbeatable, as it is on the river and close to the center of everything while still being tucked away resulting in a peaceful night's sleep. I definitely plan to return as it truly felt like a home away from home.

Room Tip: If you are a single traveler ask for one of the single rooms on the top floor. They are very quiet a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Lungarno? Share your experiences!