“Not An Opera Fan” 3 of 5 stars

1 800 877 1755
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Love Duets’ Concert: you do not have to be a lover of Italian Opera to enjoy this wonderful evening. It’s set in a small church from 1800’s. You have a piano, soprano & tenor performing Opera’s love song and Italian love songs. The setting and performance is overwhelmingly powerful. You’ll be moved to tears by the emotions. Not to be missed.
Fordyce, Arkansas
31 attraction reviews
“Not An Opera Fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015 NEW

I hesitate to write a review for an art form that apparently I generally don't like, but think that others in a similar situation might profit from the contents.

We took a family vacation to Italy and wanted to inject a dose of culture into a few of the evenings. While in Rome, we attended a presentation of opera arias, some very well known, which was well received by our family. As a result, we decided to schedule an opera, hence our attendance of Tosca at St. Mark's in Florence. This was simply not our cup of tea. I liken it to a non-English speaker attending a Broadway play in New York. Hard to imagine they would enjoy it.

I will say that if you are a fan of Opera in general, you might particularly enjoy this presentation which is performed in direct proximity to the patrons. I can't fault the performance or the accommodations, just don't think that non-aficionados of opera in general will enjoy it.

London
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 NEW

Attended a performance here whilst on a tour of Tuscany! We go to operas in each city we visit and this was out of this world! So close to the performance you felt every emotion possible! Definitely worth a visit if you love opera! It's a different experience! However, for the price of the ticket.. We did expect to be front row... Just saying

Ludlow
15 attraction reviews
“A European Evening to Savour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2015 NEW

A Dutch pianist, Italian opera singers, the English Church in Florence, wonderful music from around the continent, the EU come to life! The space is so intimate, the accoustics excellent and the singers only three or four feet away.A truly joyous occasion, clearly talented performers but ones who were enjoying themselves and enjoying the interaction with the audience.A truly memorable evening and just a shame we went on our last night, or would have returned the next - especially as we spent the next evening snarled up on the M25.

Rochdale, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“A standing ovation for Butterfly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2015 NEW

An intimate occasion ,we could have touched the cast,they stand within reach in an area cleared in the centre of the church.
So easy to book on line ,pay at the door (cash only) and you are escorted to a seat with your name on it.
All the cast were of a very high standard .
We were there for a performance of Madame Butterfly.
I cannot praise enough the lady who was Butterfly and the rest of the audience ,who only number about 80 -100,certainly agreed as she received a tremendous standing ovation when she took her bow at the end of the performance.

Washington, DC
9 attraction reviews
“Ah-maze-ing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2015

An opera is FAR from my comfort zone but there was no way I would go to Italy and not go to an opera!

First off - you have to email Franz (I believe he's the person in charge of the show?) at the email provided on the website. Just let him know you would like to attend and how many.
I booked my reservation about 5 weeks in advance for my date in April & had no issues.
Upon arrival at the church I gave them my name, paid our 35€ cash per person and we were ushered to our seats which were in the 2nd row & labeled with our names.

We actually had the pleasure of seeing Boheme that night. It was dramatic, humorous, intense and passionate. My goodness the singers! They were fantastic!

I absolutely loved the intimacy of this church. The space itself was impeccable for the acoustics!

This truly was a wonderful, wonderful treat while in Florence.
Hands down this was a night that I will never forget and I am so glad I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone.

Do yourself a favor and go! The experience itself is worth every penny!