We arrived last Friday afternoon and were given an extremely warm welcome by the Concierge and Front of House staff. The first impression is wonderful! The photos on their own website do not do the place justice. The decoration is a fabulous mix of old and new with a quirky twist thrown in to spice it up. Being the beginning of February, the hotel was very quiet.
We were shown to our room, the Caterina de Medici room, which they made a big fuss over giving us. We were handed over to the Butler for the "St Regis Butler experience". We never used it. If we had never been to Florence before we may have used the service for recommendations but we knew what we wanted to do.
The room was decorated handsomely, again a similar melange of styles which worked. A fault here was that there was only one comfortable chair and a desk chair in a room which could have taken a sofa and two arm chairs at least. They don't want you to stay and enjoy the room I guess. Also, we travel with a large quantity of luggage but the minuscule closet in the room is unacceptable. I understand the restrictions of buildings hundreds of years old but a free standing antique armoire would have been welcome and again there was room for this as well! The bed is like a giant marshmallow and comfortable! The view is lovely but the roar of the river is something you will never get away from. Also beware that the two sides of the Arno river, at this point, seem to be a rat run for ambulances and you can hear them at all hours of the day and night.
The Champagne Experience for aperitivo was lovely and a nice touch - in season, with some more people, it could but quite fun. Breakfast was good not exceptional but the service was extremely charming and made up for the average food offering. We didn't get a chance to try any spa offerings.
All in all, a very good experience! It is on the edge of the action but in season this could be a godsend when the hoards arrive.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Florence Hotel
- The St. Regis Florence Hotel Florence
- Florence Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a sumptuous palace in the heart of the city, The St. RegisFlorence is a privileged base from which to experience Tuscany'stimeless attractions. A short stroll will bring you to the iconic Uffizi,Duomo or Ponte Vecchio’s elegant jewelry shops. Legendary for its history, Florence’s streets offer inimitable treasures.The St. Regis Florence offers 19 exquisite suites enriched with refinedfurniture and antique artworks, together with 81 elegant guestroomsdecorated with the prestigious Medici, Fiorentino and Renaissancestyles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Starwood EMEA, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.