“Unparalleled luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Unparalleled luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I spent our birthdays at this wonderful hotel, December 2012. From the moment we stepped through those doors and were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, and viewed the beautiful surroundings, we knew we arrived at a most amazing hotel. And it only got better from there. Our room was gorgeous - we were tempted to cancel our all-day tour the next day so we can spend the entire time in our room. We ate breakfast and also dinner in the magnificent dining area and could not have been more pleased with the service, food and ambiance. The hotel is magnificently decorated, with no detail left unattended -- and believe me, I scrutinized every inch. The staff were so gracious, friendly, knowledgable and competent. We each received lovely gifts for our birthday. We have travelled to many 5-star hotels, but this one stands above the rest. We will be back! Thank you St.Regis Florence for making our first trip to Florence, and our birthdays, so memorable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Gloria N, It was a pleasure to make memorable such special occasion as your birthdays are. It’s an honor for us to know you found the hotel as one of the most amazing you ever stayed, and you were duly impressed with the magnificent dining area, the food’s quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you back soon.
Ombretta Comito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was out first time staying at the St. Regis, we were not disappointed to say the least.

At check in, we were informed of the French champagne welcome awaiting for us at the restaurant, a butler was appointed to our room who tirelessly explained their range of services which we utilised several and were very happy with. Did I mention a complimentary bottle of fine red wine & 2 beautiful glasses awaited for us quietly in our room?

The room was truly beautifully decorated much to our amazement. Every balcony opened up the breath taking Florence views of the river, buildings and bridges.

This hotel room certainly holds a special place in our memory.

The only hiccup is that the hotel accidentally charged us twice due to a system error, I am still waiting for a reply from them to refund me part of the money after I emailed them last week.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leo_Li721,
We are very proud you have experienced in an indelible way two of the most representative moments of St. Regis tradition and brand history: the impeccable signature St. Regis Butler services and the art of champagne sabering.
Regarding the refund you are waiting for, allow me to offer you all my availability and assistance you might further need.
Best regards,
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

One of the best hotels we ever stayed at a beautiful view of the river Arno, a divine service, cleanliness and relax in the bedroom and bathroom. \ Great products courtesy, the typical Tuscan restaurant with meat unique. Concirge from 5 star luxury. Room original paintings, double sinks in the bathroom and tub separate from the shower. Super

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Von t, I'ts an honor for us to be considered one of the best hotels you ever stayed and we are glad that you especially enjoyed our Etichetta Restaurant and all the concierge recommendations.
Thank you.
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am not clever enough to think of anything to say about the St Regis that probably hasn't already been said. But when my friend asked me how I'd slept the night before, I could only reply that I'd slept on a cloud.
I adored the architectural details, too and I must mention all the spectacular art that lines the walls and sits on tables; everything here is a work of art from the fabrics to the carpets to the antique French clock in a foyer. The staff is spectacular as well.
More particulars:
gym open 24 hours a day, equipped with the expected: 2 treadmills, an elliptical, an upright and a recumbent bike, I think. My biggest problem was the early morning when I was the first one there and I couldn't turn on the lights. (not that big a problem but it took a while and even though I pushed every button I do not know what finally made one come on)
breakfast: order eggs and omelets cooked to your request along with all the other million or so things on the buffet. The beautiful fresh fruits were greatly appreciated, too, as I do not join the Italians in their traditional national breakfast obsession of a sweet roll and espresso.
we could not get the usb port in our room to charge our phones. an adaptor did the trick. We stayed in a room without a view and it was still paradise.
Even though most of your time in this spectacular city will be spent being out and about, if you can stay here you will appreciate the luxury, the amenities and the quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bravo-cinzia,
You said you slept on a cloud; you woke up and enjoyed a rich buffet breakfast; you discover that everything at the St. Regis Florence is a work of art. Maybe these beautiful things about the St. Regis Florence have been already said … but in this way they sound so magic.
Thank you very much.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beautiful room with balcony looking over the Arno. Small but excellent room with exercise equiptment. Food was fresh, well prepared and offered options for guests with dietary challenges. Very quiet and well managed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear La contessa-uno,

I am glad that your appreciate the food at our restaurant and the variety of choice for all diet.
Thank you for your great comments about your stay.

Best Regards and hope to see you back

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Okay so it is not inexpensive but if you are going to treat yourself this hotel will not disappoint. Ask for a room on the riverside - it is worth it. The rooms are spacious - ours was huge -and the hotel was completely renovated last year so it is pristine. The service is courteous, friendly and knowledgable. They arranged our transportation to Tuscany and it was flawless. If I could offer one word of caution - their breakfast buffet is top drawer but if you are not going to take advantage of a hearty meal then the sticker price will not be worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pinkrules 123,

it is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoy our completely renovated St Regis Florence with a unique location overlooking the river and our friendly staff.
Buffet is an experience at the St Regis with a vast choice and view of the Winter garden.

Sincerely

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is a pretty compelling proposition for anyone looking for luxury and comfort in the heart of one of the most fascinating cities in the world. So the top reasons for the 'very good' rating:

1. Of course the main reason has to be the quality of the space. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a massive balcony looking over the ponte vecchio. It was glorious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was equiped with a brilliant shower. I also liked the tv in the bathroom mirror...cool little toy that many top end hotels are investing in nowadays. Admittedly the room was of modest proportions but it was enough to keep two people comfortable.

2. The room was quiet - this is very important. Those who travel to florence frequently know that central florence is noisy. The streets are noisy with the sound of cars, scooters, horse carriages, drunks, garbage men, loud italians, music...of course its fantastic atmosphere but not when you need to sleep! This hotel is excellent because although its on a main road, noise insulation is great. I slept like a baby on that ridiculously comfortable bed.

3. Consistent, polite, professional staff throughout. The front desk were wonderful (and beautiful too but thats not important). The concierge was knowledgable and efficient. The restaurant staff attentive but not intrusive. The suits come with a butler who would bring us free tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks..etc whenever we gave them a call - so cheerful.

Why did I not give this place 5 stars? Ilike to save that rating for a place that really blows my mind and st regis doesn't have that sort of fire power. Its cosy, its kind of cute, its certainly luxurious but ultimately those of you that have gone to places like vegas, middle east/asian top hotels will know what i mean...it doesnt have that "epic" feeling but it definitely holds its own. I certainly wouldnt stay anywhere else and I go back every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eyeous,

Thank you for considering the St Regis the best hotel in Florence.
I am happy that you enjoy your suite and our confortable bed.
Sleeping as a baby is always good especialy in a quiet place as we are but still in the city center.
I hope to welcome you back and to blow your mind next time

Best Regards

Stéphanie

Been to The St. Regis Florence? Share your experiences!