“Sleep on a Cloud in a Florentine Palazzo” 5 of 5 stars

The St. Regis Florence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Ognissanti 1, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Farmington, Connecticut
“Sleep on a Cloud in a Florentine Palazzo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am not clever enough to think of anything to say about the St Regis that probably hasn't already been said. But when my friend asked me how I'd slept the night before, I could only reply that I'd slept on a cloud.
I adored the architectural details, too and I must mention all the spectacular art that lines the walls and sits on tables; everything here is a work of art from the fabrics to the carpets to the antique French clock in a foyer. The staff is spectacular as well.
More particulars:
gym open 24 hours a day, equipped with the expected: 2 treadmills, an elliptical, an upright and a recumbent bike, I think. My biggest problem was the early morning when I was the first one there and I couldn't turn on the lights. (not that big a problem but it took a while and even though I pushed every button I do not know what finally made one come on)
breakfast: order eggs and omelets cooked to your request along with all the other million or so things on the buffet. The beautiful fresh fruits were greatly appreciated, too, as I do not join the Italians in their traditional national breakfast obsession of a sweet roll and espresso.
we could not get the usb port in our room to charge our phones. an adaptor did the trick. We stayed in a room without a view and it was still paradise.
Even though most of your time in this spectacular city will be spent being out and about, if you can stay here you will appreciate the luxury, the amenities and the quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear bravo-cinzia,
You said you slept on a cloud; you woke up and enjoyed a rich buffet breakfast; you discover that everything at the St. Regis Florence is a work of art. Maybe these beautiful things about the St. Regis Florence have been already said … but in this way they sound so magic.
Thank you very much.
Ombretta Comito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beautiful room with balcony looking over the Arno. Small but excellent room with exercise equiptment. Food was fresh, well prepared and offered options for guests with dietary challenges. Very quiet and well managed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear La contessa-uno,

I am glad that your appreciate the food at our restaurant and the variety of choice for all diet.
Thank you for your great comments about your stay.

Best Regards and hope to see you back

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Okay so it is not inexpensive but if you are going to treat yourself this hotel will not disappoint. Ask for a room on the riverside - it is worth it. The rooms are spacious - ours was huge -and the hotel was completely renovated last year so it is pristine. The service is courteous, friendly and knowledgable. They arranged our transportation to Tuscany and it was flawless. If I could offer one word of caution - their breakfast buffet is top drawer but if you are not going to take advantage of a hearty meal then the sticker price will not be worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pinkrules 123,

it is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoy our completely renovated St Regis Florence with a unique location overlooking the river and our friendly staff.
Buffet is an experience at the St Regis with a vast choice and view of the Winter garden.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is a pretty compelling proposition for anyone looking for luxury and comfort in the heart of one of the most fascinating cities in the world. So the top reasons for the 'very good' rating:

1. Of course the main reason has to be the quality of the space. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a massive balcony looking over the ponte vecchio. It was glorious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was equiped with a brilliant shower. I also liked the tv in the bathroom mirror...cool little toy that many top end hotels are investing in nowadays. Admittedly the room was of modest proportions but it was enough to keep two people comfortable.

2. The room was quiet - this is very important. Those who travel to florence frequently know that central florence is noisy. The streets are noisy with the sound of cars, scooters, horse carriages, drunks, garbage men, loud italians, music...of course its fantastic atmosphere but not when you need to sleep! This hotel is excellent because although its on a main road, noise insulation is great. I slept like a baby on that ridiculously comfortable bed.

3. Consistent, polite, professional staff throughout. The front desk were wonderful (and beautiful too but thats not important). The concierge was knowledgable and efficient. The restaurant staff attentive but not intrusive. The suits come with a butler who would bring us free tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks..etc whenever we gave them a call - so cheerful.

Why did I not give this place 5 stars? Ilike to save that rating for a place that really blows my mind and st regis doesn't have that sort of fire power. Its cosy, its kind of cute, its certainly luxurious but ultimately those of you that have gone to places like vegas, middle east/asian top hotels will know what i mean...it doesnt have that "epic" feeling but it definitely holds its own. I certainly wouldnt stay anywhere else and I go back every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eyeous,

Thank you for considering the St Regis the best hotel in Florence.
I am happy that you enjoy your suite and our confortable bed.
Sleeping as a baby is always good especialy in a quiet place as we are but still in the city center.
I hope to welcome you back and to blow your mind next time

Best Regards

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is beautful and well appointed, but the mark of a great hotel is the quality of its service, and the service here is outstanding. My 21 year old granddaughter, studying in France, was coming to meet me in Florence by train; when her first train was 2 hours late she missed all her connections. Marco and Emiliano went way beyond their concierge duties by first trying to find train connections, then when she could get only as far as Pisa, arranging to send a car for her; then when she discovered the train to Pisa was full and she was stranded in Turino, finding a hotel near the station for her. Emiliano was literally on the phone with her at 11:p.m., walking her down the street to find the hotel. I was so appreciative, as I worried about a pretty young woman traveling alone in a strange country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear gapeach 2012,

Our concierge staff marco e Emiliano was really happy to help your granddaughter.
We always like our guest to feel the St Regis their home away from home.
Thank you for appreciating the quality of our service.

Kalamazoo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location. Room had great view of Arno. The hotel itself was magnificant. The room was palatial. We had a wonderful romantic holiday here. I am not sure I would call it a great value, but what is in Florence? Their are probably more reasonably priced hotels, but I doubt many as beautiful. The lounge area was very attractive and romantic. My only complaint was that I felt that the staff was a bit impersonal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Triplet 027,

I am glad that you had a wonderful romantic holiday with a great view over looking in our hotel.
Normally we are really famous for having friendly and courteous staff so i apologize if you had a different impression and hope to see you again at the St Regis Florence.

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been in St. Regis Florence on Oct 2012, and the stay was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful to make my stay much enjoyable. I recommend to any couple would like make them stay has difference taste to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: any room will be nice and luxury in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nsmk 82,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our friendly staff.
As per your recommendation we are looking forward to welcome all the guest that want to have a special taste of Florence.

Stèphanie

Been to The St. Regis Florence? Share your experiences!