This hotel is a pretty compelling proposition for anyone looking for luxury and comfort in the heart of one of the most fascinating cities in the world. So the top reasons for the 'very good' rating:
1. Of course the main reason has to be the quality of the space. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a massive balcony looking over the ponte vecchio. It was glorious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was equiped with a brilliant shower. I also liked the tv in the bathroom mirror...cool little toy that many top end hotels are investing in nowadays. Admittedly the room was of modest proportions but it was enough to keep two people comfortable.
2. The room was quiet - this is very important. Those who travel to florence frequently know that central florence is noisy. The streets are noisy with the sound of cars, scooters, horse carriages, drunks, garbage men, loud italians, music...of course its fantastic atmosphere but not when you need to sleep! This hotel is excellent because although its on a main road, noise insulation is great. I slept like a baby on that ridiculously comfortable bed.
3. Consistent, polite, professional staff throughout. The front desk were wonderful (and beautiful too but thats not important). The concierge was knowledgable and efficient. The restaurant staff attentive but not intrusive. The suits come with a butler who would bring us free tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks..etc whenever we gave them a call - so cheerful.
Why did I not give this place 5 stars? Ilike to save that rating for a place that really blows my mind and st regis doesn't have that sort of fire power. Its cosy, its kind of cute, its certainly luxurious but ultimately those of you that have gone to places like vegas, middle east/asian top hotels will know what i mean...it doesnt have that "epic" feeling but it definitely holds its own. I certainly wouldnt stay anywhere else and I go back every year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a sumptuous palace in the heart of the city, The St. RegisFlorence is a privileged base from which to experience Tuscany'stimeless attractions. A short stroll will bring you to the iconic Uffizi,Duomo or Ponte Vecchio’s elegant jewelry shops. Legendary for its history, Florence’s streets offer inimitable treasures.The St. Regis Florence offers 19 exquisite suites enriched with refinedfurniture and antique artworks, together with 81 elegant guestroomsdecorated with the prestigious Medici, Fiorentino and Renaissancestyles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Florence Hotel Florence
- Florence Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Florence