“Best hotel in Florence in my opinion.” 4 of 5 stars

The St. Regis Florence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Ognissanti 1, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 461 hotels in Florence
London
“Best hotel in Florence in my opinion.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is a pretty compelling proposition for anyone looking for luxury and comfort in the heart of one of the most fascinating cities in the world. So the top reasons for the 'very good' rating:

1. Of course the main reason has to be the quality of the space. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a massive balcony looking over the ponte vecchio. It was glorious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was equiped with a brilliant shower. I also liked the tv in the bathroom mirror...cool little toy that many top end hotels are investing in nowadays. Admittedly the room was of modest proportions but it was enough to keep two people comfortable.

2. The room was quiet - this is very important. Those who travel to florence frequently know that central florence is noisy. The streets are noisy with the sound of cars, scooters, horse carriages, drunks, garbage men, loud italians, music...of course its fantastic atmosphere but not when you need to sleep! This hotel is excellent because although its on a main road, noise insulation is great. I slept like a baby on that ridiculously comfortable bed.

3. Consistent, polite, professional staff throughout. The front desk were wonderful (and beautiful too but thats not important). The concierge was knowledgable and efficient. The restaurant staff attentive but not intrusive. The suits come with a butler who would bring us free tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks..etc whenever we gave them a call - so cheerful.

Why did I not give this place 5 stars? Ilike to save that rating for a place that really blows my mind and st regis doesn't have that sort of fire power. Its cosy, its kind of cute, its certainly luxurious but ultimately those of you that have gone to places like vegas, middle east/asian top hotels will know what i mean...it doesnt have that "epic" feeling but it definitely holds its own. I certainly wouldnt stay anywhere else and I go back every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Eyeous,

Thank you for considering the St Regis the best hotel in Florence.
I am happy that you enjoy your suite and our confortable bed.
Sleeping as a baby is always good especialy in a quiet place as we are but still in the city center.
I hope to welcome you back and to blow your mind next time

Best Regards

Stéphanie

603 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is beautful and well appointed, but the mark of a great hotel is the quality of its service, and the service here is outstanding. My 21 year old granddaughter, studying in France, was coming to meet me in Florence by train; when her first train was 2 hours late she missed all her connections. Marco and Emiliano went way beyond their concierge duties by first trying to find train connections, then when she could get only as far as Pisa, arranging to send a car for her; then when she discovered the train to Pisa was full and she was stranded in Turino, finding a hotel near the station for her. Emiliano was literally on the phone with her at 11:p.m., walking her down the street to find the hotel. I was so appreciative, as I worried about a pretty young woman traveling alone in a strange country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear gapeach 2012,

Our concierge staff marco e Emiliano was really happy to help your granddaughter.
We always like our guest to feel the St Regis their home away from home.
Thank you for appreciating the quality of our service.

Sincerely

Kalamazoo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location. Room had great view of Arno. The hotel itself was magnificant. The room was palatial. We had a wonderful romantic holiday here. I am not sure I would call it a great value, but what is in Florence? Their are probably more reasonably priced hotels, but I doubt many as beautiful. The lounge area was very attractive and romantic. My only complaint was that I felt that the staff was a bit impersonal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Triplet 027,

I am glad that you had a wonderful romantic holiday with a great view over looking in our hotel.
Normally we are really famous for having friendly and courteous staff so i apologize if you had a different impression and hope to see you again at the St Regis Florence.

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been in St. Regis Florence on Oct 2012, and the stay was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful to make my stay much enjoyable. I recommend to any couple would like make them stay has difference taste to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: any room will be nice and luxury in this hotel
Dear nsmk 82,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our friendly staff.
As per your recommendation we are looking forward to welcome all the guest that want to have a special taste of Florence.

Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the St. Regis for our honeymoon and the experience was exceptional. Well appointed next to the river Arno this is an ideal location if you prefer to hang just a little out of the very centre of the city which works for me. By that I mean you are maybe seven minutes walk from the Duomo and with shops on the doorstep but away from the hubbub. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a junior suite and I try not to let that colour my opinion but that gave us the pleasure of a spacious suite overlooking the river, a huge super king bed, a deep closet cupboard and three televisions including the one in the bathroom mirror!. The personnel were very courteous from check in through the concierge service to the waiting staff. The hotel has period elegance and feels luxurious. Breakfast is excellent with the choice of buffet or a la carte although I never saw anyone take advantage of the a la carte. The gym is compact but modern with all you would need.

My final piece of advise is that you walk across the square on which the St. Regis stands to the Westin Hotel and have a drink in the rooftop bar as it has a great view over Florences skyline. Try at catch it at as the sun sets. Also I should say that if you are on the river side of the hotel there is a weir outside and with the single glazed windows you should expect a little sound but it is quite relaxing.

A first class hotel that I would recommend with or without the upgrade.

Room Tip: 121 is a junior suite with a view over the river and the weir. Very nice and on the same floor as th...
Dear The G-rs

Congratulation again for your wedding! It was a pleasure to have you staying with us during such a special occasion.I am glad that your enjoy the beautiful view on the river,spacious room,excelent breakfast and our courteous staff.

Looking forward to welcome you again

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've travelled to Firenze over a dozen of times and never had a regular hotel but this will definitely be the one from now on.

We stayed in a junior suite which has a very comfortable sitting room, a long closet & a king bed that feels like a heaven once you get in. The marble bathroom with a tub, a separate shower & a TV projected on a mirror. Paintings on the walls are classic and you feel like you sleep in one of the museum rooms.

Butler & other staff are very friendly and kind but not in an Italian manner and I felt at home all the time.

I truly recommend this hotel to anyone who like classical European style.

Dear Takainlondon,

First of all we are really happy that you will become our regular guest and that you enjoy your Junior suite and our new feature the tv in the bathroom mirror.
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our butlers and staff in general.

Hope to see you really soon

Stéphanie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Westin across the street and was "upgraded" to the St Regis (their polite way of saying bumped due to an overbooked conference at the Westin). This was my first stay at any St Regis property and it was quite an experience. It could be described as Starwood's equivalent to the Ritz Carlton.

The room was beautiful with a great river view, the service was over the top, and the location was perfect. I noticed before booking the Westin that others had knocked the location, but to me its perfect. You can still walk to everything Florence has to offer, you are extremely close to nicer non-tourist trap restaurants on both sides of the river. And if you like nightlife you are close to many places where residents and students actually go.

I generally don't use many amenities or services at a hotel, but I did need a little help with dinner reservations in Florence. The concierges here are FANTASTIC. I felt so inadequate staying here when people were driving up in Bentleys wearing fine suits and I was here for leisure in jeans and a polo, but we were still treated like royalty.

My only knock on the hotel would be the Internet was extremely slow, worst of the four hotels I stayed on my honeymoon.

Room Tip: Ask for a River view for added beauty.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StarwoodFirenze, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Lovewell,

It was a pleasure to have you experienced the new st Regis Florence.
I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay and especialy our concierge recommendation and the location on the river in the city center.
Internet speed now is much faster.

Hope to see you back at the st Regis

Stephanie Motteau

Been to The St. Regis Florence? Share your experiences!